MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Test fit a 37"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rlogan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
rlogan

Number of posts : 138
Rig : '10 JK Unlimited
specs. : Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel
Registration date : 2010-10-13

Test fit a 37" Empty
PostSubject: Test fit a 37"   Test fit a 37" Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 3:41 pm

Someone want to offer up a 37" tire and wheel (or two, or four) to test fit on my rig? I'll provide beer... I don't want to buy 35s and then wish I had the 37s...

I think the 35s will be sufficient...but with the new fenders there is LOTS of room.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Test fit a 37" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test fit a 37"   Test fit a 37" Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 5:25 pm

I'll save you that beer. Go to the Discount Tire by the Silverado Theater. Ask for Travis. I'll bet he'll let you test fit a 37. He let me test fit a set of Nitto Terra graplers. Even unmounted my oem tire mounted the nitto and remounted and balanced my oem tire. He'll take care of you.
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Test fit a 37" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test fit a 37"   Test fit a 37" Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 9:37 pm

Just fyi, i got a set of 5 Bfg Krawlers...37's going up for sale
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Test fit a 37" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test fit a 37"   Test fit a 37" Icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 10:48 pm

If you are not scared to trim the 37's will fit. If you add a 1" body lift they will fit with only minor trimming. Of course wheel offset will have an impact as well.

When I bought my JK the 3" lift I wanted was on back order so for two weeks or so I ran 37's w/ only a 1" body lift and 3/4" spacers. They rubbed only slightly on the flares when during street driving. Never wheeled it like that obviously.

Fully flexed out even 35's will contact factory flares AND body unless trimming is performed or flex is limited substantially with bumpstops.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Test fit a 37" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test fit a 37"   Test fit a 37" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Test fit a 37"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Rolling Rubber-
Jump to: