MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

aussie locker

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

aussie locker Empty
PostSubject: aussie locker   aussie locker Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 2:07 am

well finally got humpty dumpty put back together, dont really know where to start

all of yall know what happened, so i wont bore yall with a replay

here are some things yall havent heard

i ordered a aussie locker and replacement carrier on april 28th from northridge, who said the lockers were not in stock but would have more that week and it would ship friday may 2nd .

well friday the 2nd i called and was told that they dident recieve enough lockers to fill all the orders and mine had not shipped, i told them to cancel my order because aussie had them in stock and ready to ship. david there then told me " well i can drop ship it strait from aussie to you" <--------that kinda pissed me off, as he could have done that when i ordered it

then i asked for tracking #'s as UPS is bad about not delivering thing out here in the sticks
that took 3 days to get the 1 # for the carrier that he shipped, and i was never given the # for the package coming from aussie

anyhow i got the parts on friday the 9th ..................woohoo............. opened the boxes and all looked great......start putting it togetther and had problems.......my cross pin was bent......

4pm on friday , called everyone i knew........david @ texas auto gear had one, but he closes at 5pm and im an hour and half away. luckily muddhunter was @ their shop and would take it home with him so i could pick it up

back at home at 7pm , the damn pin wont slide in so i can check pin clearance scratch

ok skip that step...locker barly fits inside....wait the center gap is .070 scratch ............it should be closer to.150 scratch

get out old cracked carrier and start measuring.........wtf.......pin hole is 3-4 thou small, overall width is off by ..030 and inside width .083 to narrow...........layed side by side it is missing various casting marks............get box out and notice it says aftermarket......the website had the dana logo by the carrier scratch aussie locker IMG_6000

aussie locker Northridgescam
by this point i was tired and had myaxle taken apart.........so out to the barn i went to take apart mudhounds old axle to get a carrier and pin........

got it put it all together in another few hours taking my time to anti-sieze the hubs, hub bolts and stub shaft splines, so it will come apart next time without hassle........boy was i tired, looked at the clock and it was 3:30 am .................

aussie locker IMG_5679
aussie locker IMG_5680

fwiw this thing is awsome, the traction is unbeliveable...........totally silent in 2wd on the street, but makes a loud clicking/poping sound when turning under power in 4wd

totally worth the 250 buxs
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
MudHound
Got No Life
Got No Life
MudHound

Number of posts : 1323
Rig : 97 TJ
specs. : Part TJ, Part JK, Part CJ, Part K30.....The hell?
Registration date : 2008-01-28

aussie locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: aussie locker   aussie locker Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 5:27 am

Glad my old axles came into some good use. Btw what was the gearing in my front axle?? I really want to win that bet with me dad
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26&amp;amp;quot; spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

aussie locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: aussie locker   aussie locker Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 1:22 pm

MudHound wrote:
Glad my old axles came into some good use. Btw what was the gearing in my front axle?? I really want to win that bet with me dad

it was 4.10

and the axle was f**ked up both u joints were trashed and 1 of the 180 $ unit bearings was trashed
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
MudHound
Got No Life
Got No Life
MudHound

Number of posts : 1323
Rig : 97 TJ
specs. : Part TJ, Part JK, Part CJ, Part K30.....The hell?
Registration date : 2008-01-28

aussie locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: aussie locker   aussie locker Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008, 1:23 pm

Glad I got new ones then
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

aussie locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: aussie locker   aussie locker Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008, 5:52 pm

glad to hear you got it all back together & in working order. sorry to hear about all the BS you went thru. guess when i want to order something, i'll go with TMB. they took care of me last time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

aussie locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: aussie locker   aussie locker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aussie locker
Page 1 of 1