MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need Bike Rack

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Number of posts : 758
Rig : 07 2 door X Flamer 6 spd
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Need Bike Rack Empty
PostSubject: Need Bike Rack   Need Bike Rack Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 10:10 am

Hey all, I just picked up a mountain bike and am in need of a bike rack. The problem I am running into is that I will need a hitch extender w/2' drop. Can an extension be fab'd or purchased somewhere, I need it to clear the 35 spare.

Lil' help would be appreciated. Have a good one.

Stacy
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Need Bike Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Bike Rack   Need Bike Rack Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 10:24 am

Stacy,

They make bike carriers that mount off the spare tire so you don't have to use the receiver. You might want to look for one of those instead of fooling around with a hitch extender, etc.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Need Bike Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Bike Rack   Need Bike Rack Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 10:31 am

Thanks Tim for input..............I am not too certain I want to go with what looks like just straps wrapped around the spare, I'm sure they are functional, however, I really don't like the look. I have not seen it "in person", so it could possibly be a different story if I actually saw one for realzies. Do you have one for your JK, or do you just use another vehicle?

Tanks again, tongue
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Need Bike Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Bike Rack   Need Bike Rack Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 10:35 am

The ones I've seen don't strap around the spare. A plate fits over the spare tire wheel studs and a bar stick out through the center of the tire, which creates the bike mounting rack.
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Need Bike Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Bike Rack   Need Bike Rack Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 10:56 am

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92034_1804_07.htm This one indicates its design allows for a wide range of spares, I guess I could contact quad and let/have them assure me that it will fit a 35 and 37 (for future upgrading), and if it does not, they will need to ship back on their dime. Good luck, eh?

Anyway, still researching and spoke with Handy Randy and he has an ideal or two floating around his lil' brain Smile

Bobby was kind enough to fab me up a support for it in the back of the jeep, so for now this is what I will use, but I like having my space in the back of the jeep. Thanks again Bobby!
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Need Bike Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Bike Rack   Need Bike Rack Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 10:59 am

When you find something you want, don't forget to contact Marcus at RCO. He can beat those prices!
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Need Bike Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Bike Rack   Need Bike Rack Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 11:01 am

Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Need Bike Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Bike Rack   Need Bike Rack Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 11:03 am

Thanks for the heads up on Marcus at River City Offroad, I know he can get jeep accessories, but I did not even think about him for something like this, yay!
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Need Bike Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Bike Rack   Need Bike Rack Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

Hemi_Tim aka thebigtman wrote:
Look here.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49761&highlight=bike+rack

Very nice, I never think to visit jkowners...............need to start trolling over there a lil bit. I really like that Rock Shox one...............great find Tim! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need Bike Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Bike Rack   Need Bike Rack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Bike Rack
Page 1 of 1