MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jk steering arm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011, 8:44 am

I need the stock steer arm that runs between the two tires. If someone has one they want to get rid for a small price, pm me
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011, 12:29 pm

If your talking about the tie-rod, I can't help you. If your talking about the Pitman Arm, I've got your back!
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011, 2:20 pm

Bad night last night, yea, tie rod! What he said! Went back to the shop this morning to check on the steering; wait you don't know what happened. Aftt doing the gears lastnight I want to check the lockers were in right so drove on top of a loading ramp from the side, there next to the shop. Came at it from too much of a angle and drove the first tire up, drove farther up and dragged all the steering acrossed the edge of the ramp. Tried to turn into the ramp and the tire was hanging down too far that it was turning against the concrete and bent the drag link and pitman arm also. I also had the sway bar e-disc on and the axel dropped out so far that when I came back down the sway bar rolled all the way over and wrapped the sway bar link around the drank link.

So needless to say I need to up grade. We redid the tow and drag settings and it's fine but all bent. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011, 8:49 pm

Friggin' Murphy. He's definitely alive and well. Time for more parts, more Crown, and more meat! lol!

I do have an OEM Pitman Arm if you need it. Just let le know.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011, 10:27 pm

I might I won't mess with it until after WFTW
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 12:26 pm

I don't know about the rest of the gang, but I'd sure like to see some pics of this carnage!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 7:24 pm

Ya I'm sure people are wondering why. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 11:53 pm

I think I gave my stock one to Renee or someone else at the install party. I'll check what I've got and let you know. I either have a drag link or a tie rod...just not sure which.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 12:23 am

Chris wrote:
Ya I'm sure people are wondering why. Twisted Evil

Why? I hadn't even gotten to why yet. Couldn't have anything to do with Crown could it? Razz
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 10:50 pm

No................... Mr. Daniels. crazy
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 12:34 am

Chris wrote:
No................... Mr. Daniels. crazy

Ooooooooh. Mr. Daniels is a bad, bad man. He got me the first time. Goes down easy. Comes up, well...you get the idea.

I still want to see the carnage on the suspension.

Carnage, carnage, carnage... dangerdriving
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 8:41 am

Hook-Em wrote:

I still want to see the carnage on the suspension.

Carnage, carnage, carnage... dangerdriving

You're a sick, sick man. We didn't get any pics. The pics would not have shown a whole lot, you have to see it in person. the bends are ever so slight we did not notice all of it until we put it on the alignment rack.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 10:37 am

if it's only slight bends, just adjust the toe and you should be fine. Jon ran like that for a looooooooong time with no problems. I think alot of JK owners do that.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 8:41 am

Robert,

I checked my stash of parts and I have a stock tie rod. It's never been wheeled.

I'll shoot you a PM.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jk steering arm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jk steering arm   Jk steering arm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jk steering arm
Page 1 of 1