MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from Baytown, Texas!

Go down 
+11
potlickinpirate
Mr.RonGilbert
Duke
lonestar rubi
Chris
RichSATX
r_unda
HerJK-X
jkx0778
Hook-Em
BaytownBert
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BaytownBert
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
BaytownBert

Number of posts : 10
Rig : 2011 JKU Sport
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Hello from Baytown, Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 3:26 pm

After an 8 year hiatus, I am back in the Jeep world! Hello all!
Back to top Go down
http://baytownbert.us
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 3:33 pm

Hello there, baytownbert! I've seen you on another forum as well. Welcome to MyJeepForum.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 4:14 pm

welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

Number of posts : 288
Rig : 2008 JK Unlimited X
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 4:23 pm

Hello and Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 4:24 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
RichSATX
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
RichSATX

Number of posts : 187
Rig : 03 Wrangler Sport
specs. : 2.5 Lift 33's
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 5:24 pm

Wecome!!
Back to top Go down
BaytownBert
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
BaytownBert

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 6:27 pm

Thanks folks!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 6:29 pm

Welcome to the best damn Jeep forum this side of the Pecos! hey
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 7:29 pm

Welcome! The Houston group should chime in soon. Ron and Doug are the only ones I've meet from Houston, both are great guys.
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 8:20 pm

Welcome. The more the merrier.

I think I remember you from Eddie's TX4x4 Mail List. That must have been 1997 or 1998 I would guess as it was before he even got the website up.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 8:49 pm

Making the rounds are ya' Bert.

Welcome!

There was this dude... he used to be a Jeep guy - and he hung out with us like we were the cool kids. We called him "Crux" and he smiled at us once in a while. Then he ran off and bought a motorcycle and left us in the dust. ANYWAY - he (like most of us) was an outcast from a place we call the Matrix (aka JK-Forum) it is ran by an asshat named Eddie and rumor has it that every time someone signs up on that site a kitten dies and unicorns cry... so long story... well... long - Don't sign up on that place and if you have already it's best just to let it fade away.

rock

You get your locker question figured out? Let me know if you need somewhere to get it set up if you can't DIY.
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 10:00 pm

Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 11:16 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
BaytownBert
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
BaytownBert

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 7:55 am

Yuppers, I created the TX4X4 Cyber Club which morphed into the TX4WD.org club. I was on Eddie's list and contributed to it.

Duke wrote:
Welcome. The more the merrier.

I think I remember you from Eddie's TX4x4 Mail List. That must have been 1997 or 1998 I would guess as it was before he even got the website up.
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 7:58 am

hey

hellooooooooo (from Katy)
Back to top Go down
BaytownBert
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
BaytownBert

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 8:17 am

Yes indeed, but I am a fast learner. I realize there is a lot of changes between the TJ and the JK and I'm rapidly coming up to speed. I am amazed how many people on these forums think they need to build their already capable Jeep waaay past their experience level, just to pull it off the pavement.

I remember one time the Boyd Brothers and I (of the Baytown Chapter of the TX4X4 Cyber Club) led 125 Jeeps and 4X4's down old ruined Hwy 87 from High Island to Sabine Pass on the Texas Gulf Coast (Pre-Hurricane Ike) and about 50% with super built rigs had little actual off-road experience. They had dumped money like it grew on trees into their rigs w/o learning its short-comings. They followed each other and stayed on the easiest path, rarely venturing over anything challenging.

The JK-Forum...Yup, I picked up on the moderator Nazi's after getting my first 2 posts moderated. I have started or been involved in over 10 PHP-based forums from when they first appeared and I've never seen so much heavy-handed moderation and rule-laced censorship on a Board as this one. It's laid out nicely though and I'll prolly read only on it.

Back in 1997, I owned and operated www.jeepmadness.com but Chrysler's lawyers threatened a lawsuit because the name Jeep was in the domain name and forced me to shut it down in 2002. I also ran 14 web-rings back in the day (all off-road oriented) including JeepJunkies and mudlovers, but that was in the early days of the web and now search engines make those tools obsolete.

On the front locker, I am going to go with either the TrueTrac, which I know works great, or I have a lead on a new Husky Grizzly Auto locker for $300 from a contact. Everyone thinks they need an ARB in the front to drive from the freeway across to the feeder road, but it just ain't so. Not everyone lives in Idaho, Colorado, or Moab. Razz

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Making the rounds are ya' Bert.

Welcome!

There was this dude... he used to be a Jeep guy - and he hung out with us like we were the cool kids. We called him "Crux" and he smiled at us once in a while. Then he ran off and bought a motorcycle and left us in the dust. ANYWAY - he (like most of us) was an outcast from a place we call the Matrix (aka JK-Forum) it is ran by an asshat named Eddie and rumor has it that every time someone signs up on that site a kitten dies and unicorns cry... so long story... well... long - Don't sign up on that place and if you have already it's best just to let it fade away.

rock

You get your locker question figured out? Let me know if you need somewhere to get it set up if you can't DIY.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 7:29 pm

lolz, yep. Just stay away from the Ected lockers.
Back to top Go down
BaytownBert
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
BaytownBert

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 5:55 am

I hear you. Mechanical all the way for me. I'm sure there has been some advances in cable and air delivery and all that other stuff, but I remember there was always someone having trouble getting their switch, or compresser, etc. to work and at the worst possible time.

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
lolz, yep. Just stay away from the Ected lockers.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 5:04 pm

lonestar rubi wrote:
Welcome! Ron and Doug are the only ones I've meet from Houston, both are great guys.

Who the F is Doug?
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 6:10 pm

terrahawk wrote:
lonestar rubi wrote:
Welcome! Ron and Doug are the only ones I've meet from Houston, both are great guys.

Who the F is Doug?

My guess is that is Ron's boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 6:29 pm

Bizarro wrote:
terrahawk wrote:
lonestar rubi wrote:

Who the F is Doug?

My guess is that is Ron's boyfriend.

My boyfriend's name is not Doug... slaping

He won't allow me to post his name on the interwebz... it is a dangerous place.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 7:47 pm

terrahawk wrote:
lonestar rubi wrote:

Who the F is Doug?

Well if you attended events like everybody else you would know Doug and his wife Anita.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 10:17 am

lonestar rubi wrote:
terrahawk wrote:
lonestar rubi wrote:

Who the F is Doug?

Well if you attended events like everybody else you would know Doug and his wife Anita.

Shhhhhhhh. The 'Hawk' doesn't know about Doug. He gets jealous easily What a Face
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 3:10 pm

lonestar rubi wrote:
terrahawk wrote:
lonestar rubi wrote:

Who the F is Doug?

I think you are making all this up. Houston people don't attend events.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 4:46 pm

Bizarro wrote:
lonestar rubi wrote:
terrahawk wrote:
lonestar rubi wrote:

Who the F is Doug?

I think you are making all this up. Houston people don't attend events.

So I'm to understand that Ron is not an accurate representation of the Houston clan? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Baytown, Texas!   Hello from Baytown, Texas! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Baytown, Texas!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next