MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sPOD, jeep's newest accessory

Go down 
+4
jkx0778
Ingramsatx
Hook-Em
HerJK-X
8 posters
AuthorMessage
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

Number of posts : 288
Rig : 2008 JK Unlimited X
Registration date : 2010-07-27

sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Empty
PostSubject: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 12:01 pm

The sPOD is finally installed on the jeep and I LUV it! It was such an easy and clean install.

It's the mini sPOD (07-08 JKs only)

[img]sPOD, jeep's newest accessory IMG_0627[/img]

sPOD, jeep's newest accessory IMG_0631

I don't have any under the hood pictures yet, but I will post them when I get them. It keeps the engine compartment nice and uncluttered.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

That's nice and clean. Does it affect the operation of the middle footman's loop with the freedom panels? That second picture looks like it might.

BTW what all are you running with those 6 switches, or is this proactive wiring in preparation for a bunch of future mods?
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

Our jeep is an '08, so we don't have the redesigned freedom top with the third latch in the middle. The guy that makes them has the full width panel for 07-11 wranglers.

The panel comes with 6 switches, so at least I won't run out of space if needed. (I hope. LOL)

http://www.4x4spod.com/category_s/12.htm
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 1:31 pm

Cool, thanks! I've already found their website after posting up. These look like a really nice, integrated switching solution for up to six powered aftermarket accessories. That is a real pro, nice and simple. The price packed a bit of sticker shock though affraid !
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

It was a bit pricey, but worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ingramsatx
Poster child
Poster child
Ingramsatx

Number of posts : 251
Rig : 2006 TJ
specs. : More money than I care to admit.
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 5:51 pm

Absolutely c o o l !!!
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 6:12 pm

Ingramsatx wrote:
Absolutely c o o l !!!

In case you haven't checked out his website yet, they even make them for TJs. Smile
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 6:37 pm

dammmnittttt!! first the supercharger, then the switchblade, now the SPOD!!

you and Paulie get all the cool stuff Crying or Very sad

so bury nice btw What a Face
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 9:10 pm

Ya you'd think she's a trend setter or something! Definitely Wolf Pack material! rock
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

I've been eying those ever since I got the JK. They are clean and really nice. It's on the list, but I'm thinking the next big mod will be the new OR-FAB Rotopax Tire Carrier (eventually).
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 12:09 pm

I got one of these this past Christmas. I love it. I got the wider one that goes from visor to visor. I saw this at a JK-F install party end of last year. I posted on JKF about it and that is how I got banned. Oh well.... I will trade my sPOD over that forum any day.
Back to top Go down
TXROCK
Poster child
Poster child
TXROCK

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited
specs. : 3.5" RK X Factor Mid-Arm lift, 35x12.5x16 MTR/Ks, 16 inch Pro Comp 7069s, Genright Armor
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 4:21 am

Congrats...I have had my sPOD for about 2 years now and I use at least 3 switches every day! Smile To me, it's the best mod I put on my Jeep cause I get more use out if than any of the other accessories. And, I have been caught in torrential downpours here on Oahu and the sPOD never turned off/shorted out or anything. ALL of my electronics stayed on! Smile

If anyone else is interested, just hit John (Owner) up on Facebook under sPOD Guy, his business facebook at sPod, or his sPOD 4x4 business website. Smile A top notch business to deal with and they stand by their product.

**NOTE : My kids though would say the Warn Powerplant is the best cause they use the compressor to air up their balls, pool, and bike tires! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.astrongerhealthieryou.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sPOD, jeep's newest accessory   sPOD, jeep's newest accessory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sPOD, jeep's newest accessory
Page 1 of 1