MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I have an problem........

Go down 
+2
jkx0778
Duke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

I have an problem........ Empty
PostSubject: I have an problem........   I have an problem........ Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 4:56 pm

I do a search for "offroad" on the local craigslist and the first item that catches my eye is a 1988 Suzuki Samurai for $1200 or obo. I few items down is a rolled '85 4runner with a good drivetrain for $550 obo.

So now tonight I get to argue with the wife why its a good idea to buy these two trucks. She has a rule that I am allowed one big toy, to which I have agreed, but I think I need to buy these to build a truck for my boys, who are 8 and 10. That will be my excuse anyways.

I've always loved Samurais. On Pirate and a few other boards I go by "Zukster" as back in the 90's I had several of them. I NEED a built Samurai on Toy axles again.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: I have an problem........   I have an problem........ Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 6:20 pm

lol. That seems like a good "problem" to have. don't forget build pics. Btw, what did you do with your TJ? never saw any build pics or anything.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I have an problem........   I have an problem........ Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 7:08 pm

Get the Zuki!

Offer him/her $900 cash and don't buy it for more than a grand.
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

PostSubject: Re: I have an problem........   I have an problem........ Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 8:58 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
lol. That seems like a good "problem" to have. don't forget build pics. Btw, what did you do with your TJ? never saw any build pics or anything.

The TJ is pretty much unchanged. I keep thinking I want to replace the D30, but it seems to stand up fine even with the Detroit, 4.88's, and 35's.

Only wheeling down here is in a couple of caliche pits. They stopped working them in the 40's and they are way over grown. Its actually pretty cool. A local club is leasing the 175 acres that contains numerous pits.
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

PostSubject: Re: I have an problem........   I have an problem........ Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Get the Zuki!

Offer him/her $900 cash and don't buy it for more than a grand.

After talking to the guy I am fairly certain it could be picked up for $750-800. It runs well and is a really good deal for the money. The bigger issue is convincing the wife.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: I have an problem........   I have an problem........ Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 9:26 pm

Hey your wife said one "Big" toy. Explain to her that these are 2 "small" toys. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: I have an problem........   I have an problem........ Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 9:48 pm

Can I get an AMEN!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: I have an problem........   I have an problem........ Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

Amen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have an problem........   I have an problem........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have an problem........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: News & Views :: Everything else-
Jump to: