MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JK ESP Disable

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
atc22

atc22

Number of posts : 9
Rig : 08 Unlimited JK X
specs. : 4in RC Lift 35's more to come
Registration date : 2011-06-23

JK ESP Disable Empty
PostSubject: JK ESP Disable   JK ESP Disable Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011, 8:09 pm

I have a 08 JK and have tried and tried to disable my ESP while in two wheel drive and can not get it to turn off. I even brought it to the dealer to have them look at it and they gave me the "well we can't seem to get it off either but we can totally disable it if you want for a small fee!" why do I have to pay for something that is supposed to work? Its in the freaking owners manual for crying out loud! Its generally not an issue but thats not the point! Anyone have any success with this or pointers?

Part 2
My ESP only seems to activate when it isnt supposed to when I m making a right hand turn on a highway exit or entrance, any suggestions. I am lifted 4in but just coils and shocks. My next installs will be a stronger Track bar and some front lower control arms. Hopefully that will help!
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

JK ESP Disable Empty
PostSubject: Re: JK ESP Disable   JK ESP Disable Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011, 8:31 pm

did you reallign your steering wheel after the lift? It might still be slightly out.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

JK ESP Disable Empty
PostSubject: Re: JK ESP Disable   JK ESP Disable Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Lonestar rubi is correct. Proper centering of the steering wheel is essential to proper ESP function.

Here is a link to the steering wheel dance for disabling ESP. It works perfectly. BTW, when the OP says turn jeep on, do NOT start it. Just turn it on. If you follow the instructions EXACTLY your ESP will be disabled until you do the dance again.

I keep a print out of the instructions handy in my glove box.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

JK ESP Disable Empty
PostSubject: Re: JK ESP Disable   JK ESP Disable Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011, 9:05 pm

Hook-Em wrote:
Lonestar rubi is correct. Proper centering of the steering wheel is essential to proper ESP function.

Here is a link to the steering wheel dance for disabling ESP. It works perfectly. BTW, when the OP says turn jeep on, do NOT start it. Just turn it on. If you follow the instructions EXACTLY your ESP will be disabled until you do the dance again.

I keep a print out of the instructions handy in my glove box.

Good luck!

OK I'll play your silly game! Where is the link?
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

JK ESP Disable Empty
PostSubject: Re: JK ESP Disable   JK ESP Disable Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011, 10:03 pm

Back to top Go down
atc22

atc22

Number of posts : 9
Rig : 08 Unlimited JK X
specs. : 4in RC Lift 35's more to come
Registration date : 2011-06-23

JK ESP Disable Empty
PostSubject: Re: JK ESP Disable   JK ESP Disable Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011, 11:55 pm

I ve tried it over and over, no luck. the dealer couldn t even do it! I ll check the steering when I get home, I figure it must be something small since it only does it on a right hand circle at around 25 mph or higher. Thanks for all the help! looking forward to meeting ya'll in sept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JK ESP Disable Empty
PostSubject: Re: JK ESP Disable   JK ESP Disable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JK ESP Disable
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Stock Options-
Jump to: