MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

considering selling a few things --- jeep too

Go down 
+3
Dutchboy101
lonestar rubi
jkx0778
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

considering selling a few things --- jeep too Empty
PostSubject: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 1:41 pm

Well I've got a lot of possibilities floating around in my head. Thinking about trading in the jeep on a good used truck. If I do that, then I need to go back to stock so that means I'd have some parts for sale. So to get a feeler out there, here is what I'm thinking of selling and at what price. I'd like to know if anyone is interested and throw out some suggestions on prices if I'm off. Remember, this is just a feeler for now (I'm looking at a used v8 ZJ today. If I buy the ZJ the JK has to go and the ZJ will be my new project. Thinking 35s or 38s, homebuilt long arms, and Ford D60/GM 14 bolt axles). I'm selling it to the wife as saving $$ (but really all the $$ I save would go into the new project What a Face )

So what I'd think about selling:

1) Front & Rear axles w/4.88s gears $2400.00 (plus your stock D30/D44)
Fr rubicon D44 with custom truss and Johnny Joint UCA mount and teraflex C-gussets and 1/4 thick LCA mounts
Rr non-rubicon D44

2) TeralFlex rock sliders (trimmed 1.5" front & rear for large tire clearance) $250.00 plus your stock
side steps. You would need new hardware for sides, IIRC it's 5 bolts & nut-serts per side. These are well used.

3) Stainless Steel Brake lines for 3-4" lift, set of 4 - $50.00

4) Front stubby winch bumper $250.00
Mopar offroad bumper cut down to a stubby. HD winch mount.

5) Skid Row Engine/Trans skid $200.00 with all mounting hardware
well used but in very good condition

6) 3" lift $450.00
3" full traction HD springs
Rustys ADJ front LCAs w/flex joint, BDS Adj UCAs, and BDS Adj Rear UCAs
Front & Rear bumpstops

7) OR-Fab tire and jerry can carrier $300.00

8 ) Smitty Bilt XRC bumper & tire carrier $400.00

9) Optima yellow top $50.00

10) Blk soft top with tinted window $375.00 or trade in the soft top and sell a slightly damaged
hardtop with tinted windows and hot head headliner for $800 or so.

11) Trail Ready BEADLOCKS $900.00
These are 5 on 135mm wheels, but come with adapters to the 5 on 5" bolt pattern for JKs
These were bare aluminum that are painted hammered black. They'd come with about half a
can of Rustoleum hammered black paint for touch ups.

12) (4) 315/70r17 Firestone Destination MTs $600.00
Two are BRAND NEW & never mounted, the other two have about 40%-50% left

13) Terflex Monster front adj trackbar $150.00

14) Evolution Offroad High Steer kit $175.00
(draglink flip kit and axle side raised trackbar mount and raised swaybar endlink bracket)

I'm caught right now. Getting rough on the kits driving in the Jeep everywhere (sweaty backs and my 9 month old keeps getting heat rash which exacerbates his eczema No ). Also, it would be nice to have extra room and not have to wrestle in the carseat everyday. My options right now are:

A) Buy a good used ZJ / XJ and sell off the JK parts and trade in the JK for a lower pmt on a good used truck.
B) Keep the JK and buy an OK used truck cash as a DD and pray that the truck doesnt break down
C) Keep the JK and spend the $$ I have on JK upgrades and make this entire thread pointless Suspect Laughing

decisions, decisions scratch

So the point of the thread... as John Quinones would ask, "What would you do?"

Last edited by jkx0778 on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 1:56 pm

added a couple more things cyclops
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

sooooo... is the last part a poll? I pick B
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 5:19 pm

I'd say B also. You might want to look into hothead liners to keep the heat down on the JK. There is also a company that makes a rear AC for the JK. But you'd loose your center console.

Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 5:29 pm

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!

Is that too obvious a hint?
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 6:06 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
10) Blk soft top with tinted window $375.00 or trade in the soft top and sell a slightly damaged
hardtop with tinted windows and hot head headliner for $800 or so.

Dutchboy101 wrote:
I'd say B also. You might want to look into hothead liners to keep the heat down on the JK.

Sounds like he has been there. You can buy a good Chevy Suburban with and Gen IV engine. They are great and cheap to replace. If the Sub breaks down, use the Jeep as a spare. they also tow pretty damn great too.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 7:17 pm

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 9:11 pm

I'd say "B" as well. To me, it doesn't make sense to start all over with a ZJ/XJ - either of those don't have too much more room than a JKU right? The only benefit I see is the V8. I'd try the Hotheads, window tint, and a sun visor first.

What about an older Civic/Accord as a DD? Those can go forever.

I might be interested in the OR-Fab tire carrier, depending on condition, if you go with "A". I will eventually get one but was thinking about the new Rotopax version.

I still have to put my 20 month old in the carseat but it isn't too bad. I just lift my 3 year old into the JK and he climbs in to the carseat and buckles himself in. It was annoying with the infant carseat though, which is the phase that I think you are in. I run with the hardtop 100% of the time and the AC with the kidos (wife too!).
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 10:15 pm

Get an auto start alarm and leave the AC on. Start the jeep about five minutes before you go anywhere from inside. Roll the windows up and down.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 10:22 am

Thanks for all the responses, you bastages aren't making it any easier for me lol! .

It is a number of factors I'm looking at. But I guess I'm gonna lean towards 'B' and look for a well used $5-7K truck or suburban. I'm not under any time constraints, but I was/am about to pull the trigger on some upgrades and started thinking I could put the $$ towards a cash vehicle and lower my car payment by trading in the jeep. Then have a little more $$ in the pocket/budget to build a trail rig that I'm not still making payments on.

I'm gonna try to sell off some of the extra parts and see where I'm at. I'm looking into getting a 14 bolt rear and start building it up sometime in the fall. Then a front ford D60 (if I can friggin find one without getting my eyes poked out Evil or Very Mad ). Hopefully (yeah "hopefully" by this time next year I'll have both axles built and ready to stick them under something tongue

btw, I got the hot heads headliner and it helped alot. But I ain't dropping about 2 grand on a rear seat A/C unit and the damn jeep takes forever to cool off.

Thanks again for the responses. Guess the jeep will be with me for a while longer. Just didn't want to buy more parts if I was gonna sell /trade it in anytime soon. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 11:56 am

Yippeeeeeeeee! We won! We won! We kept another Jeep in the family. Great work guys and gals.

cheers considering selling a few things --- jeep too 508968 cheers considering selling a few things --- jeep too 508968
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: considering selling a few things --- jeep too   considering selling a few things --- jeep too Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

considering selling a few things --- jeep too
Page 1 of 1