MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Offroad Camper

Go down 
+4
Drillerjoe
JK4AER
Ingramsatx
Stouttrout
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 5:16 pm

okay, I got some more pics of the offroad Popup. I tested it out on some dirt hills and it never dragged anything. I am really liking it. Still plan to built what I really want but just no time right now. Here's some pics, great idea if you can find a 8 foot box popup. they are just hard to find. I had one a few years ago but sold it. I wish I hadn't.

Offroad Camper 103_6343

Offroad Camper 101_6349

Offroad Camper 101_6348

Offroad Camper 101_6350

Offroad Camper 101_6351

Offroad Camper 101_6352

Still working on defunking the inside. It is really good condition just a little dirty. Probably put some new flooring tiles in it and dress it up a bit.

Offroad Camper 101_6354

Offroad Camper 101_6355

Offroad Camper 101_6356

Back to top Go down
Ingramsatx
Poster child
Poster child
Ingramsatx

Number of posts : 251
Rig : 2006 TJ
specs. : More money than I care to admit.
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 5:27 pm

Good looking popup. I have owned a total of 5 popups over the years and have always been satisfied. Like your lift and extra long tougne. I'm curious how Coleman's staple & glue construction will hold up offroad.
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 6:14 pm

So far it has been to big bend 3 times, Colorado 3 times and various other places. I think the key is having a good sub-frame. this one is built out of 3/16 x 2x3 tubing. So very little flex. The popup still sits on it's original frame. That frame is mounted to the new trailer. This my third.
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 8:26 pm

Nice. I want to get a pop up as well. I like the Coleman Cobalt since the JKU has limitied towing abilities - that is if you don't have a Hemi!! I haven't been camping in a really long time but want to start taking my boys, but they might be just a little to young (3 and 20 months). I know I should probably start with a tent first to make sure they like it, but I want to jump straight to a pop up. Just another thing on the wish list...
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 8:44 pm

We started taking our daughter out at 3 month camping. My JKU with the 3.l tow this great. that is what i will be towing it with most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Drillerjoe
Trail Ready
Trail Ready

Number of posts : 80
Rig : 89 xj
specs. : 8.25 swap with Aussie locker. Lots of rustys off road stuff home brew winch bumper w/ xrc8 mounted 31x11.5's um has a header and exhaust with a flow master. Several arb straps winch kit. Roof rack with spare mount and lights.
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitimeTue 06 Mar 2012, 6:41 pm

Cool toy man. I'm considering building my offroad trailer as a sort of pop up.
Back to top Go down
FastBob
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
FastBob

Number of posts : 56
Rig : 2005 Khaki 2 door Unlimited Rubicon
specs. : not enough :)
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 6:24 pm

I like it! Is it transplanted on a 10' commercial trailer or hand built? I am looking to do much the same, but looking for cheezy popup with no AC to improve. Looking to install small btu window unit that will run off a 3500w ginny. Also considering the benifits of a pintle over a ball...Did you consider it and reject the thought? You have a great base to put some custom racks on! Anyway, nice rig brother!
Back to top Go down
Swamprat
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Swamprat

Number of posts : 496
Rig : '03 TJ Rubicon, '56 willys truck, '47 CJ-2A , '53 CJ-3B/blazer
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012, 1:02 am

i like the well placed Jeep cap on the bed Wink nice trailer! and good to see another East Tx fellar on here
Back to top Go down
misterdrl
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2021-05-26

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jun 2021, 11:10 am

Nice setup.
Back to top Go down
KeiferRD
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2022-01-06

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2022, 10:27 pm

That's one awesome camper! My uncle is looking to get one soon when he retires. I'm gonna show that to him tomorrow when I help him install the winch and atv bumpers on his Teryx.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Offroad Camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offroad Camper   Offroad Camper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offroad Camper
Page 1 of 1