MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Picture Posting Instructions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Picture Posting Instructions Empty
PostSubject: Picture Posting Instructions   Picture Posting Instructions Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

When users first join this fine forum, they almost always ask the question, "How do I post pictures on here?" After answering this question several times, I thought I'd make a thread to specifically cover the steps needed for new users to post pictures. I hope it helps users get started posting pictures. Here goes nothing...

The FAQ section of the forum covers the subject with minimal adequacy as follows:

Quote :
Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed).

So, what does that mean? In a nutshell, it means that no images are stored directly on the forums servers. That mean all users who wish to post pictures must utilize an external public server to store pictures. There are a lot of these available. The list below contains some of them, but most certainly does not represent all of them. I recommend a server that allows storage of both pictures and videos, just in case you happen to get some video during an event that you want to post.

• Servimg - This is the default choice if you click the "Host an Image" button at the top of the "Post a Reply" pane. See figures 1 & 2. This server is OK, but it doesn't offer video storage capability, at least not that I have found.
  • Photobucket - This is a pretty popular choice for many on the forum. This one allows for storage of pictures and videos.
  • Picasa - Another server that is pretty popular. This one offers storage for pictures and videos. It also include some online picture editing and movie creation tools.
  • Flikr- This is another popular picture hosting site, particularly for photography enthusiasts and professional photographers. It offers photo and video storage as well.

Figure 1. Post a Reply Pane
Picture Posting Instructions Post%20a%20Reply

Figure 2. Host an Image Button
Picture Posting Instructions Host_a10

Figure 3. Image Button
Picture Posting Instructions Image

Now that you've gotten the background information, here's what you need to do to post pictures on the forum.

1. Establish an account with an image hosting service like those listed above. Have that account and the picture(s) you want to post open on your web browser.
  2. In a separate browser window (or tab), start a new thread or reply to an existing thread from this forum.
  3. When you are ready to post your picture(s) you have 4 alternatives. All will involve copying and pasting the image location from your image hosting site. (a) You can either click the "Host an Image" button (See Figure 2). Be sure to use the url option if using anything other than servimg as your image hosting site. (b) You can click the Image button (See Figure 3). (c) You can copy and past the image location in between the bbs code text "[img][/img]" (Example: [img]hxxp:myimagevault.com/user/dsc0001.jpg[ /img]). (d) Finally, you can just copy and paste a link only directly into the post a reply pane.
  4. If you are just going to copy and paste links, you can also just copy and paste the location of the entire album. This is commonly practiced on the forum and is very quick and easy means of getting all users to all your pictures and videos.
It really is just that simple. The worst part is actually deciding on and setting up the image hosting site. If I have missed anything, or if anybody has any suggestions on other picture posting methods I didn't cover, please add them to this thread so all users can benefit from the information.

Happy posting! cheers

Edit: Thanks to Renny, we now have a video tutorial to accompany these instructions. Great job Renny! Thanks for the fine work.

Last edited by Hook-Em on Thu 01 Mar 2012, 6:52 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Reposted Figure 2. Added video tutorial from Renny.)
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Picture Posting Instructions   Picture Posting Instructions Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

You're my hero!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

PostSubject: Re: Picture Posting Instructions   Picture Posting Instructions Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 4:11 pm

lonestar rubi wrote:
You're my hero!

LOL - not yours, but hopefully it helps some of the new folks on the forum.
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Picture Posting Instructions   Picture Posting Instructions Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 7:30 pm

Bacon!
Back to top Go down
SCTnSAT
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
SCTnSAT

Number of posts : 16
Rig : 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Registration date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Picture Posting Instructions   Picture Posting Instructions Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 10:33 pm

Thanks Hook 'em!!!! }
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClipperWealth.com
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Picture Posting Instructions   Picture Posting Instructions Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 2:45 pm

Bump to the top for any new members who haven't figured out how to post pictures to the forum.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picture Posting Instructions   Picture Posting Instructions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picture Posting Instructions
Page 1 of 1