MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!

Go down 
+2
jflys yj
PJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PJ
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
PJ

Number of posts : 126
Rig : 2DR Wrangler
specs. : 35x12.50 FT 3"
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Empty
PostSubject: Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!   Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 12:30 am

Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Imag0016
Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Imag0015So the other day i was under the jeep checking things out. The first problem I noticed that my superlift SS was making contact with my front trackbar. That blows!!! Anyway anybody have that same issue? and have any suggestions? Second I also noticed that the rear reolcation bracket was broken, Aha thats why I felt a lot of vibes in the rear lately. Yea way to go Full Traction!!!

Last edited by PJ on Wed 21 May 2008, 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jflys yj
Got No Life
Got No Life
jflys yj

Number of posts : 886
Rig : 93 YJ
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!   Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 12:34 am

whats ft
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jfly22
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!   Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 12:43 am

You have received an infraction from JK-forum.com for having the audacity to to say a part made by a supporting vendor failed. This cannot possibly be the truth, therefore, you are banned and all history of your posts shall be deleted.

Sincerley,

Little Lord Fontleroy and his minions
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!   Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 7:56 am

I assume that is a track bar relocation bracket. Track bar relocation brackets are notoriously weak. It is a extremely common issue for the brackets to cause additional leverage breaking the weak factory welds. Reweld the factory bracket and replace the relocation bracket with an adjustable track bar to resolve the problem.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!   Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 2:19 pm

terrahawk wrote:
You have received an infraction from JK-forum.com for having the audacity to to say a part made by a supporting vendor failed. This cannot possibly be the truth, therefore, you are banned and all history of your posts shall be deleted.

Sincerley,

Little Lord Fontleroy and his minions

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!   Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 8:16 pm

Duke wrote:
I assume that is a track bar relocation bracket. Track bar relocation brackets are notoriously weak. It is a extremely common issue for the brackets to cause additional leverage breaking the weak factory welds. Reweld the factory bracket and replace the relocation bracket with an adjustable track bar to resolve the problem.
Thats good and all but you still end up with the stock bracket. I would recomend going with an adjustable rear track bar as well as a rear bracket such as Rock Krawlers. Their bracket beef`s up the stock bracket plus adds quite a bit more structural integrity by allowing you to weld it to your axle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!   Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 10:13 pm

CRUX wrote:
Duke wrote:
Thats good and all but you still end up with the stock bracket. I would recomend going with an adjustable rear track bar as well as a rear bracket such as Rock Krawlers. Their bracket beef`s up the stock bracket plus adds quite a bit more structural integrity by allowing you to weld it to your axle.

In playing devil's advocate I would argue that there is no need to replace the factory bracket if the adjustable trackbar is installed prior to any damage occuring. I frequent pretty mucho all of the JK boards nightly and have yet to see a single failure of the factory bracket with the addition of an adjustable trackbar.

All of that having been said, additional beef is always a good thing whether it is essential or not.
Back to top Go down
PJ
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
PJ

Number of posts : 126
Rig : 2DR Wrangler
specs. : 35x12.50 FT 3"
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!   Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2008, 12:20 am

Thanks for the advice guys. There no damage to the factory bracket just the relocation bracket. New adjustable rear track bar in route already. So just taking it easy until it gets here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!   Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Full Traction Rear relocation bracket!
Page 1 of 1