MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kids To Hidden Falls

Go down 
+15
Batjeep09
IntenseBlueSwamper
Third Wave
XJcrawler
Renny
Dutchboy101
TJLex
TexasTeaJ
Renee10
jeff.lyon3
Chris
lonestar rubi
Beached Bum
Hook-Em
adaben
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Which day would be a good day for taking Kids to Hidden Falls?
January 7, 2012
Kids To Hidden Falls Vote_lcap50%Kids To Hidden Falls Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
January 21, 2012
Kids To Hidden Falls Vote_lcap50%Kids To Hidden Falls Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
February 4, 2012
Kids To Hidden Falls Vote_lcap0%Kids To Hidden Falls Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
adaben
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
adaben

Number of posts : 74
Rig : 99 TJ
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Kids To Hidden Falls Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Falls Trip To Help Some Kids   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 11:58 pm

Hi everybody. I have a friend that does a TON of work with foster kids, Military kids, deaf kids, and kids who have cancer that is in remission. He tries to get these kids out for some fun activities. I was wondering if any of you folks would be interested in doing a trip to Hidden Falls sometime the first part of December, January, or whenever and take these kids wheeling with us. He needs about a 6 to 8 week noticed to coordinate on his end. He would provide transportation for the kids to and from the park. A parent/guardian is required to come with each kid so they can handle signing any release form for the park. All of these kids are physically fit and able to handle the trip. I would need to provide him with the date and an accurate number of available seats in the jeeps so he can bring the appropriate amount of kids. I think this would be an awesome way to introduce these kids to our sport/hobby and show them a great time.I am open to any date that works for the largest number of us.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 12:20 am

Great idea. We were just talking about a service project at our meet and greet this weekend. This ties perfectly into such. Schedule permitting, I would definitely be interested. Please keep us posted on the details.
Back to top Go down
adaben
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
adaben

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 12:37 am

Thanks Hook-Em. I will post any details. I definitely want to find a date that works for everybody that wants to do this.
Back to top Go down
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

Number of posts : 481
Rig : 1986 CJ7
specs. : Not Much
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 6:52 am

As well, If it works with schedule, I'm in. Hopefully it wornt be too cold, I dont got heat, yet.
Back to top Go down
https://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/shanerominger/
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 8:28 am

This is one I have always wanted to put on!!! Something for a children's home/orphanage. There are children that were dealt a bad hand by NO CHOICE of thier own and don't deserve it. Many could have ended up in worse situations than a children's home but I don't know or think they understand that at thier age.

Kids To Hidden Falls 508968 I'M IN!!!!! Kids To Hidden Falls 508968
Back to top Go down
adaben
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
adaben

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 7:50 pm

Beached Bum wrote:
As well, If it works with schedule, I'm in. Hopefully it wornt be too cold, I dont got heat, yet.
No heat for me either. One each big heavy insulated jump suit.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adaben
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
adaben

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 7:53 pm

Can some one do a poll for the date? I dont know how to do it. It has to be at least 6 weeks out. Lets put up several dates to see which weekend would get the most commitments.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 8:14 pm

I could try to work that in.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 9:10 pm

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 9:19 pm

Ok, lets start throwing some dates down. I think December would be a tough month to get a group together, it will be for me. Here are two dates I vote for, January 7 or 21.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm

This is for taking kids to Hidden Falls for a day trip.
Back to top Go down
adaben
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
adaben

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 10:26 pm

Robert I am guessing that was you that put the vote up. Thank you
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 10:48 pm

you're welcome
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 8:17 pm

We are in!!! Great idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

A GOOD AIR FORCE FRIEND OF MINE WHO IS PART OF A MILITARY JEEP CLUB WILL BRING 3 - 4 JEEPS WITH HIM AS WELL. HE SHOULD BE CHIMING IN ON THIS SITE SOON.
Back to top Go down
adaben
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
adaben

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 6:45 pm

Ok looks like we are gonna go with January 7th. I talked with my friend the other day and it looks like we will be taking a group of military kids whose family's are having trouble. [ Mom or Dad is deployed, been injured, or K.I.A.] I need a confirmed number of available seats so he knows how many kids he can bring out. I know that things can change last minute but I would hate for us not to have a seat for a kid that he brings to the park. Please let me know by November 15th who all can commit and how many seats you will have available in your JEEP. Thanks for all the positive responses to this trip. I know these kids will have a great time. P.S. I am going to contact Hidden Falls to see if they will waive the passenger fee for these kids. If any of y'all have a contact out there that I could use please let me know
Back to top Go down
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 6:48 pm

I WILL HAVE TWO AVAILABLE SEATS, ONE FRONT, ONE BACK. I WILL GATHER INFORMATION FRONT THE AIR FORCE GROUP AND PROVIDE NUMBER OF CONFIRMATIONS AND NUMBER OF SEATS IN EACH.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 7:03 pm

I will have 2
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 9:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 10:26 pm

Adaben

Including me, we have 6 jeeps with at least 12 seats. My contact with the air force group has registered under the name TJLex but can not post for 7 days. He wants to know how many jeeps you can handle so he knows how how hard to push it on his end. Let me know
Back to top Go down
adaben
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
adaben

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 2:27 am

[quote="Beached Bum"]Adaben

Including me, we have 6 jeeps with at least 12 seats. My contact with the air force group has registered under the name TJLex but can not post for 7 days. He wants to know how many jeeps you can handle so he knows how how hard to push it on his end. Let me know My friend said he can bring 20 kids but can narrow it down if necessary. I would like for him to be able to bring all 20 if we can get enough seats. There would also be some chaperons with them. If we can get them on the trail with us that would be awesome. Thank you for spreading the word about this
Back to top Go down
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 8:07 am

How cool it would be to get 20 seats, but how awsome it would be to have 20 jeeps.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 8:55 am

Adaben, talk to your friend. I might be able to get a couple of local businesses and see if they will provide a bus for the kids and their gaurdians. Maybe. I might be able to pull it off.
Back to top Go down
TexasTeaJ

TexasTeaJ

Number of posts : 6
Rig : 1998 Sahara
Registration date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

Is this trip reserved for a club or group? If not count me in! I can offer 2 seats. What is the total count so far? If this is open to any wheelers I'll try to spread the word locally.
Back to top Go down
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

In my opinion if it means making memories for a child its open to whoever can help. I've enlisted the assistance of a fellow friend in another club and he has stepped up to help. As i see it the following have committed.

adaben
beached bum
lonestar rubi
hook-em
Chris
Jeff07jku
Renee10
Texas teaJ

Plus 5 from S A Jeep Exclusive

Like I said it would be cool for the kids to show up see 20 jeeps stacked up. it would also give us some back up seats in case one of is has problems. Looks like you pulled off a good one adaben.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kids To Hidden Falls   Kids To Hidden Falls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kids To Hidden Falls
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next