MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Jeep Nation Banner

Go down 
+8
j_michael2004
jeff.lyon3
recoveryfive
Chris
Renee10
..::Ryan::..
Uup4it
Hook-Em
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

New Jeep Nation Banner Empty
PostSubject: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 12:01 pm

All who were at the San Antonio meet and greet got to see an advanced peek at a new Jeep Nation banner design I have been working on. Well, I finally submitted it for a bid yesterday and was quoted $33 for a 48" x 18" banner. Not too bad. Here is the banner graphic that I laid out and received a quotation on.

New Jeep Nation Banner Jn_ban10

Here are the ideas behind the layout.

• Jeep Nation is all-inclusive. What a better way to represent that than to include an image of one of the earliest model Jeeps (Willy's) and one of the latest (JK). Both images represented are member Jeeps. The Williy's is DJ's (swamprat's). The graphics were derived from his Jeep Project thread where he was testing his rig's flexibility on the back of a trailer. The JK is Robert's (lonestar rubi's) and was taken from the Show your Rigs for Charity thread.
  • The skull and swords is the standard logo for Jeep Nation.
  • The name Jeep Nation is taken from the flag layout and unfortunately only exists in graphic form. Because of the "fuzzy" nature of this graphic, I attempted to blur up the logo and the Jeeps. I don't think I was all that successful because the banner printing company commented on notable distortion in the customer's image. You might see it in the image posted. I'm gonna work on the image a bit more to see if I can normalize things before we go to print. On that note, if anybody has any information on the font used for the name, please come forward with the information. I have searched High and low without success. We can also consider going with a different font.
I know at the meeting there was a discussion of taking up a collection for the banner. To date, I have received $15. At $33 each, they are cheap enough that we can print several of them. If members contributed $5 each (matching the current rate of contributions), we could get 3 printed with only 20 donations. That would outfit Corpus, Houston, and San Antonio each with a banner. Just an idea. If we do decide to take up donations, I am setup on PayPal.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Let me know your thoughts...
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Number of posts : 758
Rig : 07 2 door X Flamer 6 spd
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 2:31 pm

Damn David, nice job! Count me in for $$ contribution.............let me know details when finalized and I will get you the cash, just wanted to give you a heads up, I'm in.

Again, nice job.

Stacy
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

We weren't able to find the name of the font and I ended up redrawing it in a vector format (lossless). I can see if I still have the original image somewhere
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 4:06 pm

I was able to find a lossless copy of it in my email if you want it. Just PM me your email and I will send it.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 7:09 pm

..::Ryan::.. wrote:
I was able to find a lossless copy of it in my email if you want it. Just PM me your email and I will send it.

Sweet. PM on the way.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 8:15 pm

Email sent sir
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 8:20 pm

Great job, we are in for $33.00 to purchase one, let other donations go for another one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 8:49 pm

I'm in for donation!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 8:50 pm

Send me your paypal #
Back to top Go down
recoveryfive
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
recoveryfive

Number of posts : 12
Rig : 93 grand cherokee (war wagon)
specs. : 5.2L, 3in spacer lift, 33in pro comps on eagle alloy's
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 10:32 pm

I'm in pm me the info and I'll donate on payday
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 6:40 am

send me your paypal
Back to top Go down
j_michael2004
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
j_michael2004

Number of posts : 56
Rig : 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
specs. : 4" zone lift, 35" pro comp, upgraded front bumper.....more coming
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 1:20 pm

i am in for donation
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 1:35 pm

Oh yeah, who's your daddy?! New Jeep Nation Banner 517987

I just found the font for "Jeep Nation"! God I love the internet! It took some work, but check this bad boy out.

New Jeep Nation Banner This_f10

For the official record, the font name is called equinox. I found it at http://www.whatfontis.com/, but you can simply Google the term "equinox font" and find it only all over the place. But beware. There are other non-compliant fonts named equinox out there. There are also malicious websites that use fonts as their means for targeting hapless victims. Be sure to run anything you download through your virus scanning software before opening it. I have the font on my work PC and my jump drive (phone) under my Jeep Nation graphics.

The sky's the limit now. Let's see what we can mess with next.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 2:33 pm

Thanks to everybody who has expressed an interest in donating to the banners. I will be sending PM's with my PayPal information to each of you.

I received the vector version of the Jeep Nation logo from Ryan Via email last night and updated my banner with a much cleaner Jeep Nation. I have transmitted the revised files to the banner printers and hope to hear from them soon regarding the elimination of the distortion originally noted. If everything is in order, then I will proceed to the next step.

As it stands now, here are the confirmation for contributions on the banner. Unless specified otherwise, I will assume a $5 contribution by each. With those shown below, we have enough for two banners right now.

Renee10
uup4it
Chris
recoveryfive
jeff07jku
j_michael2004
Hook-em
lonestar rubi
Back to top Go down
Ingramsatx
Poster child
Poster child
Ingramsatx

Number of posts : 251
Rig : 2006 TJ
specs. : More money than I care to admit.
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

Count me in. PM me your paypal.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

Count me in too.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 8:19 pm

Awesome job on the banner and finding the font, I had looked on all those sites for a long time and never found it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 12:06 pm

Thanks everybody for your kind words, encouragement, and donations. As it stands right now we have a total of 10 people (listed below) donating a total of $78. Remember, unless you've stated you'll donate more, I'm assuming a $5 donation from each person listed.

Renee10
uup4it
Chris
recoveryfive
jeff07jku
j_michael2004
Hook-em
lonestar rubi
Ingramsatx
Dutchboy101

At $78, we have enough for two $33 banners, with some change towards a third. The two will meet San Antonio's needs. If Corpus and Houston want banners, then I'd like to here from them as well.

With the church fall festival show and shine next week, I'd really like to have a banner to fly there. That means I will need to place an order early next week to allow me to get a banner in time for the event. There are no price breaks for buying more than one at a time, so I guess I'll go head and PM everybody on the list today and get the order started.

Also, If i get the order placed today, then we might even be able to have a banner for the Hidden Falls trip this weekend. I'll be happy to advance pay for the banners if we want to do that. I'm sure Robert and I can get together for the exchange of the banner. Just post up here or text me if you want to do that.

Thanks again for all your help!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 12:56 pm

Just sent my $5.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:25 pm

Just sent my $5.00. sorry didnt see pm, I've be busy with family issuses.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 9:47 pm

I've received confirmation of payments totaling $20. Thanks guys. I'm placing an order tomorrow morning and hope to have banners in time for the Hidden Falls trip this weekend. I'll post up if that happens.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 10:09 am

Wahooooooo! 2 Banners have been ordered. Great news too! There are no differences in price whether we print them in black any other colors.

You know what that means...

New Jeep Nation Banner Jn_ban11

Sweeeeeeeet! cheers
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 4:26 pm

If you guys want stickers/decals check out stickermule.com. Seem to have good prices
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:59 am

Thanks for the information, Ryan. That is good to know. I know pixeldecals.com is another cost-effective solution to custom decals.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 6:00 pm

Thanks for nothing, Ryan. I went to stickermule.com. Combine that with their easy to download templates, and the newly discovered font, and I'm in big trouble...

Here is just an example...

New Jeep Nation Banner Jeep_n10

These are not for ordering or anything. Just some ideas I had. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Jeep Nation Banner   New Jeep Nation Banner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Jeep Nation Banner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next