MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sugestions on a project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

Number of posts : 481
Rig : 1986 CJ7
specs. : Not Much
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Sugestions on a project Empty
PostSubject: Sugestions on a project   Sugestions on a project Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 12:07 pm

I have a 1984 GMC 6000 40' automatic transmission school bus i have converted into a motorhome which I use to travel and tow my jeep. I have been wanting to make it 4x4 for some time. It has a big block gas 366 in it on a GMC chasis with the old split rimmed tires on it. obviously i would have to replace the front axle and transmission and add a transfer case. Any idea where i could look to find them. and any sugestions/advise to help me do this.
Back to top Go down
https://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/shanerominger/
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Sugestions on a project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sugestions on a project   Sugestions on a project Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 9:49 pm

Rockwell axles. But your project does not sound like a sound one. you might want to think about sell it and starting with a Fuso 4x4, a unimog or even a Pinzgauer. Even if you find the parts from a C5500 or 6000 they will probably be a buttload.
Back to top Go down

Sugestions on a project
Page 1 of 1