MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

89 xj leaning.

Go down 
+2
lonestar rubi
Drillerjoe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Drillerjoe
Trail Ready
Trail Ready

Number of posts : 80
Rig : 89 xj
specs. : 8.25 swap with Aussie locker. Lots of rustys off road stuff home brew winch bumper w/ xrc8 mounted 31x11.5's um has a header and exhaust with a flow master. Several arb straps winch kit. Roof rack with spare mount and lights.
Registration date : 2012-02-27

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 2:45 am

I noticed that my xj with what I Beleive is a 3" procomp lift installed by the previous owner is starting to lean to the drivers side. My first thought at fixing this is purchase a new lift and I am looking at a 3.5" rubi xpress lift from 4wd hardware. Any one have any experience with this lift? Would it be a worth while venture or should I simply replace the worn out springs on the procomp kit? Thanks a bunch folks.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 8:25 pm

I would look at Rock Krawler. Rubi Ex rides too stiff, my brother had RE on his and it was too stiff.
Back to top Go down
XJcrawler
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
XJcrawler

Number of posts : 50
Rig : 01 XJ
specs. : Clayton 3 link longarms, Klune V doubler, d300 tripple sticks, 35's, Chromoly shafts, Hydro assist, lockers, 4.56's, SYE, high steer, sliders, truss,
Registration date : 2011-10-23

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 12:18 am

I have re 3.5 lift leaf packs on my xj. They have held up fine and I have beat on them pretty hard in Moab and lots of other trails, but I have noticed that after settling one side sits like a half inch lower also haha. The ride is decent on mine though the secret is to get a longer shackle preferable a curved boomerang one to prevent binding and get shackle relocation brackets so that you can get a better shackle angle. Or lots of people use longer leaf springs designed for other trucks with similar spring rates in order to get a better shackle angle and extend their wheelbase a little. Not sure which trucks springs specifically but do some searching if your interested. I have heard Alcan are good springs with a lifetime warranty. Rubicon express was recently bought by 4wheelparts who owns procomp so I can't say whether rubicon express will be as high quality as they used to be.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 7:59 pm

I had the RE 4.5" full rear leaf pack Super Flex on my xj. Its a good kit but take a look at Rockcrawler, I liked my lift, it road good but I think you can find something better. Save the cash and GO WITH A TALLER LIFT if you plan to wheel do any major wheeling! I wish i did! The 4.5" lift and was only able to go with a 32" tall tire with out doing any fender trimming.
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 10:23 pm

My driver's side leans too, mate. But my problem is the driver is just too fat ;-)
Back to top Go down
Drillerjoe
Trail Ready
Trail Ready

specs. : 8.25 swap with Aussie locker. Lots of rustys off road stuff home brew winch bumper w/ xrc8 mounted 31x11.5's um has a header and exhaust with a flow master. Several arb straps winch kit. Roof rack with spare mount and lights.

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012, 2:08 am

matinau wrote:
My driver's side leans too, mate. But my problem is the driver is just too fat ;-)

This! Ha ha too funny amigo.

But seriously. I am worried about a stiff and flex less ride. That's one thin I can say about my current lift is. It may not be big but it's stretchy. And I don't want to lose that.

Chris currently with the three inch lift I can fit 33" tires I tried some off my dads old for the other day and no issues. But! My fenders are cut to the max and if needed I would cut more lmao. So I am going to look into the krawler kit. And I'll check back here for more feed back.

Thanks again guys !!
Back to top Go down
Drillerjoe
Trail Ready
Trail Ready

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 12:43 pm

Whew ok after some looking into everything and a couple phone calls here and there. I have decided that my jeep is leaning due to bad shocks. I tore the fronts off yesterday and they are shot! Also notice that the shocks don't have near enough up for the lift a couple inches travel and they are maxed out. So I'm going this route first since I really don't want more lift till its time for tires and rear coils and arms and the whole shebang. I have a few questions.

I'm going to look into doetsch for the shocks as these where recommended by jeep masters of Austin as a good all around shock for what is I Beleive a 3" lift. Any concerns there?

Also. Can any one with a 3" lift and a 4.5" lift measure a front spring for me? Pretty please preferably unloaded by jack on both

Any recommendation on shock or part number would be awesome as well.

Thanks a bunch guys!!!!
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 7:54 pm

How can you tell when the shocks are dead? I've been wondering on mine....
Back to top Go down
Drillerjoe
Trail Ready
Trail Ready

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2012, 11:39 am

I could tell cause in the last week my tire on the drivers side has cupped. So I pulled the shock off there and it was very easy to compress and had absolutely no rebound.
Back to top Go down
Drillerjoe
Trail Ready
Trail Ready

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 4:58 pm

Also forgot to mention jeep master informed me it is a rubi express lift. Not a procomp
Back to top Go down
Drillerjoe
Trail Ready
Trail Ready

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 9:29 pm

Just ordered my new shocks bilstien 5100's for the win!
Back to top Go down
Drillerjoe
Trail Ready
Trail Ready

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr 2012, 4:53 pm

Well just canceled the order for the bistiens because I the hopeless idiots there at 4wheelparts I'm extremely Disappointed in their performance there. And likely have had my last experience buying through then. Ok. That said. I just ordered the r-236's from rustys. I think I'll stick with dealing with them from. Ow on
Back to top Go down
uvaldemedic441
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
uvaldemedic441

Number of posts : 33
Rig : 1991 Jeep XJ
specs. : 3inch lift spring and 2 inch spacer and block
Registration date : 2012-04-18

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr 2012, 10:30 pm

i have a 91 xj and i had a leaning issue to the passenger side i used a set of 1 ton chevy leaf pack and took the 3rd leaf from each side and added to mine and i got 3 inches of lift its a lil stiff but flexs well add a leaf and should cure yours of the lean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

89 xj leaning.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 89 xj leaning.    89 xj leaning.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

89 xj leaning.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Modified Tech-
Jump to: