MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thebstizzle

thebstizzle

Number of posts : 4
Rig : 08 JK X
specs. : aFe intake and exhaust, more to come
Registration date : 2010-01-19

Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Empty
PostSubject: Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges   Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 1:21 pm

Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Grill10

Just tried it out to see if I liked it enough to make it permanent, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges   Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 1:31 pm

I was thinking about doing the same exact thing. The grill is starting to get road chips on it.
Back to top Go down
thebstizzle

thebstizzle

PostSubject: Re: Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges   Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 1:36 pm

Yeah at first I was worried about how it would look but I really like it and keep getting compliments on it so now I am thinking about making it a permanent change.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges   Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 1:39 pm

the nice thing about the pastidip if you don't like or get tired of it or it just starts to look bad just peel it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thebstizzle

thebstizzle

PostSubject: Re: Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges   Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 1:54 pm

very true! next step is making that permanent and then I want to try out the rims
Back to top Go down
IntenseBlueSwamper
Poster child
Poster child
IntenseBlueSwamper

Number of posts : 371
Rig : 99 TJ
specs. : https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
Registration date : 2010-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges   Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Icon_minitimeTue 10 Apr 2012, 9:31 pm

My buddy TexanTurbo just did his rims and it looks great. I will link him to this convo. That stuff seems like a great product.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
thebstizzle

thebstizzle

PostSubject: Re: Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges   Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Icon_minitimeTue 10 Apr 2012, 9:57 pm

I like it minus the fact that it can come off fairly easy and i have not tried to wash it yet but I think it looks good and it was actually pretty easy to do. I did it by myself with the help of a few beers. Just ran out of plasti-dip and energy to do the rims.
Back to top Go down
DarkSider
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
DarkSider

Number of posts : 12
Rig : 2012 JK 2-door
specs. : 3.6L Pentastar... Yea. Oh, and 33" BFG MT KM2s on 17" Fuel Boost wheels, and other minor stuffs...
Registration date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges   Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Icon_minitimeTue 01 May 2012, 10:51 pm

thebstizzle wrote:
I like it minus the fact that it can come off fairly easy and i have not tried to wash it yet but I think it looks good and it was actually pretty easy to do. I did it by myself with the help of a few beers. Just ran out of plasti-dip and energy to do the rims.

Can I recommend Rustoleum Bedliner in a spraycan? That's what I used and it REALLY turned out very nice and is holding up to the bugs, rocks, and manual powerwashes I put it through. The cool thing about it is you can just hit it with the water hose or even a dry rag and knock most if not all of the bugs and crap off without having to take it to the car wash.

Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges 39611880
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges   Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plasti-dip on the front grill and hinges
Page 1 of 1