MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Onboard Air Help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 10:56 pm

So, I'm fortunate enough that my dad decided to get the Warn Powerplant and gave me his Viair Compressor. I also got a Viar 2.5 Gallon airtank that fits perfectly in the winch opening of my new LoD front bumper (yes I'm in the doghouse right now!!). I'm pretty sure I know what I need to get to connect the compressor to tank, but want to get some second opinions.

Here's what I think I need, let me know if I'm missing anything:
OBA hookup kit (to connect compressor to tank) - http://www.quadratec.com/products/92043_100.htm
Mount for compressor - http://www.quadratec.com/products/92043_1203.htm
Misc. fittings for tank - http://www.quadratec.com/products/92043_104.htm

Is this all I need?
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 11:09 pm

what about the actual air hose hook up point???? Where and how are you hooking up your hose?
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 11:19 pm

lonestar rubi wrote:
what about the actual air hose hook up point???? Where and how are you hooking up your hose?

Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure the best way. I think I need to run an air hose to the pressure switch from the compressor (switch included in hookup kit mentioned above). From that, another hose will go to the tank. Before the switch I will have a tee-fitting that the air hose will connect to (this: http://www.quadratec.com/products/92043_125.htm).

I guess I'm going for something similar to this: Onboard Air Help 148371-lg

Just want to make sure I'm getting what is needed...
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 11:22 pm

You need the mounting block where everything come together. The switch, gauge. Etc!

http://www.pneumadyne.com/input-ports-station-spacing-p-2842-l-en.html?language=en

Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr 2012, 7:28 pm

I'd get with Jeff. He installed his just like that picture above.

Is you dad giving you most of the air lines? if not, you'll need air lines from the compressor to the dist block, to the tank. I may have an extra coupler for you. I just have to check to see if it's 3/8" or 1/4." What size fittings are you going with? 3/8" more than likely, right?
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2012, 9:36 am

Pm me

I have installed 2 of those

Ill give you my number
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. However, I'm going to go a different route...may end up getting a winch and just use the compressor without a tank. I do need some ideas on where to mount the compressor. It's too big to fit in front of the battery and the bracket that mounts to the brake master cylinder isn't made to support my compressor (I have the Viair 450H) per the bracket manufacturer.
Back to top Go down
TXROCK
Poster child
Poster child
TXROCK

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited
specs. : 3.5" RK X Factor Mid-Arm lift, 35x12.5x16 MTR/Ks, 16 inch Pro Comp 7069s, Genright Armor
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012, 5:18 am

JK4AER wrote:
lonestar rubi wrote:

Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure the best way. I think I need to run an air hose to the pressure switch from the compressor (switch included in hookup kit mentioned above). From that, another hose will go to the tank. Before the switch I will have a tee-fitting that the air hose will connect to (this: http://www.quadratec.com/products/92043_125.htm).

I guess I'm going for something similar to this: Onboard Air Help 148371-lg

Just want to make sure I'm getting what is needed...

Get with Brett Woods at Dominion Off-Road...that is his product which I am installing right now and might be able to get the brackets from him! Very Happy (brettwoods@gmail.com)

Last edited by TXROCK on Mon 23 Apr 2012, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.astrongerhealthieryou.com
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012, 11:26 am

Art, you can get with someone on here with a welder (Renee, Sascha, Jeff are pretty close to you) and just add gussets under the bracket from scrap 1/8" plate or strap.

BTW, you can also install it under one of the front seats. I know, "it's too loud to install under the seat." But are you going to be IN the jeep when you're running the compressor? NOPE!! and it being under the seat should muffle it quite a bit. You may have to remove the seat and fab a bracket to mount it on it's side.

Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012, 7:38 pm

TXROCK wrote:
Get with Brett Woods at Dominion Off-Road...that is his product which I am installing right now and might be able to get the brackets from him! Very Happy (brettwoods@gmail.com)

I spoke with Brett a couple days ago, he's the one who told me that bracket wasn't meant for the 450H. His concern is about the leverage on the master cylinder bolts from the added weight of the compressor (not the strength of the bracket).
Back to top Go down
TXROCK
Poster child
Poster child
TXROCK

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited
specs. : 3.5" RK X Factor Mid-Arm lift, 35x12.5x16 MTR/Ks, 16 inch Pro Comp 7069s, Genright Armor
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012, 7:49 pm

ahhh ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.astrongerhealthieryou.com
Sponsored content

Onboard Air Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onboard Air Help   Onboard Air Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Onboard Air Help
Page 1 of 1