MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift Empty
PostSubject: Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift   Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 11:06 pm

I need a rear shock for a TJ with a 3-4.5" lift. I don't care the brand....just that it works. I need something for this weekend to run to Canyons and unfortunately I am pretty much working from 7AM to 7PM and won't have a chance to run by 4WPW. I don't have a problem paying a few bucks for decent shock. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift   Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 1:07 am

I have a spare Bilstein BE5-6249-H5 for you (12" travel, 29.70" Extended, 17.91" Compressed). It's what I'm using on the rear with my Currie 4" lift, except I outboarded the rear shocks, so I'm not sure how close it matches to a shock in the stock location...
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift   Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 8:25 pm

Deacon wrote:
I have a spare Bilstein BE5-6249-H5 for you (12" travel, 29.70" Extended, 17.91" Compressed). It's what I'm using on the rear with my Currie 4" lift, except I outboarded the rear shocks, so I'm not sure how close it matches to a shock in the stock location...

Unfortunately that might be too long. The Bilsteins that I took off is 23" extended and like 12" compressed....but its completely gone (doesn't compress and squeeks like crazy).

I might just go to autozone and by a cheap $20 stock length shock. It will limit down travel, but might at least make the Jeep drivable for this weekend then next week I can order a real replacement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift   Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shock for a TJ w/ 4" lift
Page 1 of 1