MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orphan Jeeper looking for a hand (or 2)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadpool

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Orphan Jeeper looking for a hand (or 2) Empty
PostSubject: Orphan Jeeper looking for a hand (or 2)   Orphan Jeeper looking for a hand (or 2) Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 4:17 pm

I'm here from Pennsylvania. I'm in the San Antonio area for a job contract and brought my 98 TJ with me. I've done some mods while I've been here, but have lost the help I had (the person had a job contract of his own taking him out of the area for 3 weeks). I'm without tools, someplace to wrench, and help to do things on this jeep.

Presently, I have a leaking axle seal on my D44. I have an idea for a repair until I get home to replace the bearings & seals properly. I'm hoping to find someone that has tools, someplace to work, and can give me a hand. If that's possible, please let me know here and I"ll get in touch to explain the situation better.

Unless more than one want to know, then I'll just post it here. I'm not past replacing the bearings/seals here, but don't know how and have never done it. So that's the limitation. I'm learning as I go and there are some things I've not done. Already swapped the front & rear axles (had a D30/D35 both open and now have D30 w/locker & D44 Open w/triangulated truss installed), and just found the leaking rear seal.

Hope to get a hand and try to resolve this so I don't risk burning up the D44 bearings. The seals & bearings were done 2 years ago, but for whatever reason, I'm leaking on the passenger side.

Thanks and I hope to get some help soon...
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Orphan Jeeper looking for a hand (or 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orphan Jeeper looking for a hand (or 2)   Orphan Jeeper looking for a hand (or 2) Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2012, 6:29 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sorry noone replied to you, but you are welcome to use my garage tomorrow. I have plenty of tools to do the job, and I will be working on my own Jeep.

Do have dinner plans in the evening with the potlicking pirates (champion BBQ guru's), they are part of the Jeep Club as well.

I'm not available Sunday or next weekend.

Just send me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call.

Dutch.

Back to top Go down

Orphan Jeeper looking for a hand (or 2)
Page 1 of 1