MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

jk transmission dead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

jk transmission dead Empty
PostSubject: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

So last night my transmission crapped out on me. Anyone know any "good" transmission shops? Or of any JK transmissions with low miles for sale.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 11:29 am

Dude, that sucks! Robert and Chris probably have a cousin. I'd trust someone they know.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

Hook-Em wrote:
Dude, that sucks! Robert and Chris probably have a cousin. I'd trust someone they know.

hah hah hah .... wait, is that a Mexican joke ...

What a Face Ok, I just wanted to make sure it was hah hah
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 4:05 pm

I figured the comment was coming anyway and thought I'd beat them to the punch! biff
Back to top Go down
JK morgan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 160
Rig : 07 jk
specs. : 4' super lift ,rocker runners control arms,superchips flashpaq,ORFAB rear bumper, PCS stinger,
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 11:21 am

wow that sucks
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 12:15 pm

It's at the dealership now. I should know by tomorrow or Monday I the Life Time Powertrain warranty is gonna cover it. I made sure I reminded them that it has a 3" lift and 35" tires and didn't want to have it towed down there just to be told, "sorry the lift & tires voids your warranty." the service writer told me it shouldn't and check with another service writer. So got my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 1:17 pm

Do keep us posted. I have the lifetime powertrain warranty as well. Do you happen to have any gearing installed in your differentials? I know you are running aftermarket drive lines.
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

Number of posts : 288
Rig : 2008 JK Unlimited X
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 1:48 pm

Good Luck, Richard! I know those dealerships can be very finicky.

The gearing would have actually caused less heat and stress on the tranny, than not being re-geared. Though, I would highly recommend putting an additional trans cooler on it.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm

No word from them yet.

I'm running 4.88s. A trans cooler was on "the list" but never got around to doing it.

If they cover it under the PTW, i'd prolly be better off leaving the stock trans cooler in (one less mod they can void my warranty for). If I end up eating it, then an aftermarket trans cooler is definitely top of the list.

Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 3:17 pm

Have the dealer install it, that way it will be under warranty.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 9:40 am

Got the call from the dealership yesterday...Chrysler is going to cover a rebuild of my trans in lieu of replacement. But, F - YEAH !!! they are gonna cover it cheers

... Although the dealership is charging me ~$200 for removing my skid plates (eng/trans, t-case, & gas tank)... but I not gonna complain. They removed the skids before taking pics to send to Chrysler....

So I'm hoping to have it back by next Friday boing
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 9:43 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

Winning. This is good information to have right here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jk transmission dead   jk transmission dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jk transmission dead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: Welcome Fellow Jeepers! :: HELP!-
Jump to: