MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
99RubiRed

99RubiRed

Number of posts : 5
Rig : 99 Rubicon 4X4 soft top/half door
specs. : V6, 2 in lift, killer sterio system
Registration date : 2012-11-11

Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed Empty
PostSubject: Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed   Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 4:50 pm

Hi... I am new here. Got to talking with a jeep person (who is a member here) the other day and was referred to come here and join and see what info I can get about my situation. Also to see if any one else has has had dealing or problems of this sort.

So... I am chatting with this other person about our rigs and such... Nothing fancy with mine but it looks good regardless... We were mentioning some work/repairs we each have done. His is a project work in progress so yep... work and repairs done there, and looks good. I havent owned my Jeep for long. Was purchaced back in 2009 up in Washington State. While up there, just only had a couple of upgrades done. Did a 2 inch lift to it and upgraded the stereo system. It did have a big bulky type overhead cargo rack on top and a rear over the spare tire cargo rack. Also whom ever owned this Jeep before had the Jeep labled on the hood (and it still is... it looks cool) with RECON SUPPLY. So I just be guessing but while up there in WA state it must have been doing a lot of mountain supply running. I'm just guessing on that but... Rubi is a soft top and so with the overhead cargo rack we could not open up and drop the top. So we took it off and sold it. But deffinately keep the rear rack.

Anyways... in 2010 drove it back home here to San Antonio, Texas. Whom ever before did have a wrong glove box put on and so it needs a pry bar to help get it opened. When I did get it opened there was nothing in it but a piece of paper. Of cource being curious I check it out and it was a old registration slip and when reading it and seeing the address of the old registered owner of it... my Jeep is originally from San Antonio, Texas.

Since bringing Rubi back home, she has been driven. Commuted back n forth from here to Louisiana. Has been driven to New Jersey a couple of times. A lot of local driving around and towing some different things. And has hit a few good mud puddles when we had a few good drenching rains, getting pretty wed and oh so very caked with mud.

Have had NO problems of any kind with Rubi... till just recently... and now it is becoming a bit of a scary nightmare and concern. So this is what I need any input on.

Back in May Rubi had her first break down. The clutch master cylinder and slave assembly unit broke. Not big parts. Not hard or complicated to take out or put in but damn... it be friggin expensive. AND... could only get at dealer. Unless I wanted to wait a month for it to get shipped in from god knows where at another place I tried to search for the part. So to the dealer it be. Got the part. Got it installed. All is good... till halloween night. I'm with the kids, towing the smaller trailer with 2 square bales and 4 kids and all decked out with halloween lights. All is good and going fine... we're all having fun... coming to the end of the night and hitting the last few houses on the way out of the neighborhood to head back home when out of the blue with no warning, signals, hints, or signs of any kind, Rubi has her second breakdown. It's the master cylinder and slave... AGAIN. Finally got her home. Called the dealer the next day. It's under warranty and they had one in stock. Got a ride to the dealer. He gets the new part. Opens the box to check and compare... THE NEW PART IS BROKEN!!! and has never been installed onto anything. No others on the shelf. Had to call to get it shipped to dealer from Houston. Will be in next day. Go back again next day. Get part. Open box. Inspect it. Ok... it's good. Get home. Got it installed. Rubi is up and running, doing good, feeling normal. Till this past Saturday... The school is having another one of it's carivals. My son is in choir and has to be there. Off to the school we go. This is where I met and jawjacked with the other member. My one son did his thing with choir then we all hung out for a bit. Had to go to store but my oldest wanted to stay and hang. Ok... left him there, took my other two with me. Went down the street to the store. A quick run in and grab and run out. Headed back to the school carnival. Rubi had her 3rd breakdown. Do I really need to say what it is... ok I'll tell ya... master cylinder and slave AGAIN!!!!!! and like before, no warnings, signs, hints or clues of any kind. So in the middle of the road I am sitting again.

Finally did get Rubi home

So here I sit, waiting for the stupid dealer to call me when my part is in.

WHY??????? Why is this happening like this? Other than the fact that the part is nothing but CHEAP PLASTIC and supposedly OEM part.

I am at a loss and total confusion as to why.

Thanks for reading this. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed   Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 6:34 pm

wow long post!!

Summary:
Your Rubi clutch master cylinder broke, ordered a new one at the dealer, when it arrived you checked the box and it was broken, dealer ordered a new one, new one arrived in good condition, you installed the new one, no long after you installed it the clutch master cylinder broke again.

I don’t have a good answer for you but I think it is just bad luck. Some people have to replace them a few times until they get a good one. Try ordering one from Napa and keep it handy!?
Back to top Go down
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

Number of posts : 481
Rig : 1986 CJ7
specs. : Not Much
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed   Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 9:53 pm

Thanks Raul, that saved me some time.
Back to top Go down
https://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/shanerominger/
99RubiRed

99RubiRed

Number of posts : 5
Rig : 99 Rubicon 4X4 soft top/half door
specs. : V6, 2 in lift, killer sterio system
Registration date : 2012-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed   Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 12:13 am

ok... Sorry it seems long...

yes... in May is the 1st break. Fixed.

Halloween is break #2. Fixed... this is when I went to dealer and the brand new part I was to pick up THEY at the dealer opened the box to check and compare and make sure it was the right part, it was already broken coming from the manufacurer. So of course didnt take that one and they had to order another and that one was ok so that is the one I took home and installed.

7 days later break #3... Not fixed yet. Still waiting for part to get to the dealer.

Now you just mentioned that other people have had the same problems??? Ummm... to me I am seeing a problem with that. Has nobody said anything???

Yea one person having a repetative thing like me I would agree just a streak of bad luck but if many others have had to do the same thing (maybe just not as many times as me but) I don't see a streak of bad luck. I see a defect somewhere pointing in the direction of manufacturer defect.

Unless every one else just loves shelling out $300 bucks every time, the manufacturer has found the suckers its gonna take advantage of and not fix a defect but sit back and relax as everyone stuffs money their way. I don't know about anyone else but I know I don't have that kind of money to keep giving away. Luckily right now it is still under warranty but what happens if it breaks again when NOT under warranty.

Is there any way to check into this to see how badly of a trend this is and if there is anything that can be done?

Just saying...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed   Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mstr Cylinder and Slave. Help/info/opinions needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: Welcome Fellow Jeepers! :: HELP!-
Jump to: