MyJEEPforum.com



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 My fire extiguisher install

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
avatar

Number of posts : 3192
Age : 46
Location : San Antonio, Texas
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: My fire extiguisher install   Mon 04 Feb 2008, 2:51 am

I actually did this a while back, but I thought I`d share anyway.Pretty basic. I purchased a 2-pack of Kidde extiguishers at Costco for about $25 bucks or so. I decided to use these as they seemed the perfect fit for the mounting location. I simply used the plastic bracket as a mark for my holes in the plastic door frame . I drilled two 3/16" holes for the rivets. I had to drill the holes in the extinguisher brackets as well (I think).

[img]http://myjeepforum.net/[/img]

I then held the bracket, while I used a rivet gun to attach it. Rivet head facing out. This way, when you have the rear windows attached, you can barely see any bulge from the head.

[img]http://myjeepforum.net/[/img]

These particular extinguishers as you can see fit perfectly. There was the slightest rattle, but I fixed that with a little bit of foam tape. Installed on both sides!

[img]http://myjeepforum.net/[/img][img]http://myjeepforum.net/[/img]

The rivet heads can be sanded and painted too.

_________________
FAIL TO PLAN.....IS A PLAN TO FAIL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cruzcreation.com
MudHound
Got No Life
Got No Life
avatar

Number of posts : 1323
Age : 28
Location : San Antonio, TX
Rig : 97 TJ
specs. : Part TJ, Part JK, Part CJ, Part K30.....The hell?
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Mon 04 Feb 2008, 4:58 am

Nice install. I think I am mounting mine under the seat, so if there is a fire, it's in easy reach IMO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
avatar

Number of posts : 3192
Age : 46
Location : San Antonio, Texas
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Mon 04 Feb 2008, 10:43 am

Lay off the chilli man, then it wouldn`t be a problem! :crazy2:




Thanks BTW!

_________________
FAIL TO PLAN.....IS A PLAN TO FAIL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cruzcreation.com
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
avatar

Number of posts : 347
Age : 46
Location : Sour Lake, Texas
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Mon 04 Feb 2008, 12:35 pm

The best place i have found in my experience is beside the seat. You can grab it from out side the Jeep or in. I flipped my 1970 Cuda and it caught fire. The extiquisher was up high right behind my head and I could not get it loose the way I was pinned. Yours is in a much better spot and I like that you have two. As tall as I am I would have a permeant red smudge on the side of my head. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
avatar

Number of posts : 3192
Age : 46
Location : San Antonio, Texas
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Mon 04 Feb 2008, 8:42 pm

Well the good thing about these is they`re mounted just slightly behind the rear seats.So I don`t have to worry about the smudge. Very Happy

_________________
FAIL TO PLAN.....IS A PLAN TO FAIL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cruzcreation.com
TMBJK
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
avatar

Number of posts : 153
Age : 38
Location : Omaha, NE
Rig : 2007 JK Rubicon, 2DR
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Thu 14 Feb 2008, 2:58 pm

Stouttrout wrote:
I flipped my 1970 Cuda and it caught fire. The extiquisher was up high right behind my head and I could not get it loose the way I was pinned.

I think there is a story here we are missing. You flipped a Cuda? Nevermind how you are feeling...what were you thinking? A CUDA! I hope you fixed it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tmboffroad.com
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
avatar

Number of posts : 3192
Age : 46
Location : San Antonio, Texas
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Thu 14 Feb 2008, 11:22 pm

TMBJK wrote:
Stouttrout wrote:
I flipped my 1970 Cuda and it caught fire. The extiquisher was up high right behind my head and I could not get it loose the way I was pinned.

I think there is a story here we are missing. You flipped a Cuda? Nevermind how you are feeling...what were you thinking? A CUDA! I hope you fixed it. Very Happy

🤣

_________________
FAIL TO PLAN.....IS A PLAN TO FAIL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cruzcreation.com
Cdavis
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
avatar

Number of posts : 156
Age : 33
Location : San Antonio
Rig : White 07 2dr X
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Tue 22 Apr 2008, 9:09 pm

Stouttrout wrote:
The best place i have found in my experience is beside the seat. You can grab it from out side the Jeep or in. I flipped my 1970 Cuda and it caught fire. The extiquisher was up high right behind my head and I could not get it loose the way I was pinned. Yours is in a much better spot and I like that you have two. As tall as I am I would have a permeant red smudge on the side of my head. Very Happy

What were you doing to flip a cuda? Dukes of Hazard jump?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
avatar

Number of posts : 2515
Location : San Antonio, Texas
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Tue 22 Apr 2008, 9:17 pm

When did you do this?? That's scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jeep-nation.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
avatar

Number of posts : 2929
Age : 37
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Tue 22 Apr 2008, 10:53 pm

cool I like the install but did you add the blinds at the same time??????


Didn't know bamboo blinds would look so good on a Jeep

_________________
If you can't play with the big dogs then get off the porch!

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
It's like when you hear a fire truck with it's sirens full blast.... you just have to take a look at what is getting flamed.....


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rockrash4x4.com
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
avatar

Number of posts : 2345
Age : 44
Location : San Antonio
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Wed 23 Apr 2008, 10:37 am

bamboo blinds 🤣 🤣 🤣
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
avatar

Number of posts : 524
Location : Spring, Tx.
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Wed 23 Apr 2008, 12:38 pm

I mounted mine to the seat, just under the adjustment lever. There is already one hole there, just had to drill another. Got an extinguisher from wally world that came with a mounting bracket. Fits perfect, can still move the seat all directions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
avatar

Number of posts : 3192
Age : 46
Location : San Antonio, Texas
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Thu 24 Apr 2008, 12:42 am

jeeperjennie wrote:
cool I like the install but did you add the blinds at the same time??????


Didn't know bamboo blinds would look so good on a Jeep


yup, they look great, but it sucks driving at 70mph and having them tag you in the face. Leaves some nice splinters! Now Home Depot wont take my return....geez.

_________________
FAIL TO PLAN.....IS A PLAN TO FAIL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cruzcreation.com
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
avatar

Number of posts : 3192
Age : 46
Location : San Antonio, Texas
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Thu 24 Apr 2008, 12:43 am

Hutch wrote:
I mounted mine to the seat, just under the adjustment lever. There is already one hole there, just had to drill another. Got an extinguisher from wally world that came with a mounting bracket. Fits perfect, can still move the seat all directions.

ALL directions??? What power group did you get? lol!

_________________
FAIL TO PLAN.....IS A PLAN TO FAIL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cruzcreation.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
avatar

Number of posts : 2929
Age : 37
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Thu 24 Apr 2008, 6:37 am

CRUX wrote:
jeeperjennie wrote:
cool I like the install but did you add the blinds at the same time??????


Didn't know bamboo blinds would look so good on a Jeep


yup, they look great, but it sucks driving at 70mph and having them tag you in the face. Leaves some nice splinters! Now Home Depot wont take my return....geez.

stupid home depot scratch 🤣 🤣

_________________
If you can't play with the big dogs then get off the porch!

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
It's like when you hear a fire truck with it's sirens full blast.... you just have to take a look at what is getting flamed.....


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rockrash4x4.com
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
avatar

Number of posts : 2345
Age : 44
Location : San Antonio
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Thu 24 Apr 2008, 9:39 am

you guys are crazy :loco2:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
avatar

Number of posts : 524
Location : Spring, Tx.
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Thu 24 Apr 2008, 12:55 pm

CRUX wrote:
Hutch wrote:
I mounted mine to the seat, just under the adjustment lever. There is already one hole there, just had to drill another. Got an extinguisher from wally world that came with a mounting bracket. Fits perfect, can still move the seat all directions.

ALL directions??? What power group did you get? lol!

I don't understand your question. Your seats dont move sideways? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
avatar

Number of posts : 3192
Age : 46
Location : San Antonio, Texas
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   Thu 24 Apr 2008, 11:16 pm

no, mine only do 360 deg

_________________
FAIL TO PLAN.....IS A PLAN TO FAIL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cruzcreation.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My fire extiguisher install   

Back to top Go down
 
My fire extiguisher install
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Write-up's & How-to's-
Jump to: