MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Control arms?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 4:22 pm

After installing the OME lift, my Jeep is flighty. I am going to buy some control arms. My question is which ones do I get first. The front lowers? I plan on getting at least one set, maybe two. Do I get the both sets for the front, or do I get lowers for front and back, or front lowers and rear uppers? Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 7:12 pm

which springs did you get? the HD ? if so, you should net about 3" of lift (possibly a little more) unless you have an aftermarket bumper & winch. you shouldn't need control arms for that lift & a 4dr. try an aftermarket steering stablizer. that should help.
Back to top Go down
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 1:10 pm

Yeah, I have the HD springs. I don't have a new bumper and winch, that will come after new tires. What brand of steering stabilizer do you recommend?
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 3:09 pm

there are a couple out there. i still have the stock one. but i was thinking of the superlift kit http://www.quadratec.com/products/16201_003.htm or the black diamond version. rough country & skyjacker are supposed to have a dual stabilizer setups but i havent heard anything about them good or bad.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 10:29 am

on the subject of stabilizers,
pro comps have a small enough diam tube to not interfere with your track bar bracket. i had the skyjacker and crushed them twice before moving to the procomp.

as far as control arms, w/ your lift i would recommend getting some camber misalignment bolts before going adjustable control arms. just my 2 cents..
Back to top Go down
matthew2000tx
Poster child
Poster child
matthew2000tx

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 6:20 pm

I have the skyjacker. Had it on a couple of days. It feels comfortable. Haven't crushed it yet...I'll take a spare along when hitting the trails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Control arms?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Modified Tech-
Jump to: