MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Make subsection link text different color...

Go down 
+4
jeff.lyon3
CRUX
Hutch
jkdrone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jkdrone
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Make subsection link text different color... Empty
PostSubject: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 11:46 am

Ok, I've been continually having a problem finding the subsection (for example "Event and Trip Planner") I'm looking for - I'll scroll right past it a few times before I have to stop, slow down, and carefully read to find it.

The primary problem being the link text, although it is bold, is the exact same color as all of the other text. Meaning, you can't quickly skim the section titles and find the one you're looking for (cannot easily differentiate section titles from section descriptions).

Might I humbly request that the section link text have a different hue than the section description text. Additionally, the section link text should probably be more saturated than the description text. Implying the primary importance of the link, and the secondary importance of the link description.

For example:

Trails and Tales
All those great places your Jeeps have been.
Moderators: ...

Would become:

Trails and Tales

Obviously, you might choose different colors, but that's the idea - clearly differentiate the entry point and the related text that doesn't actually get you into a section.

!c
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 1:19 pm

I'll second that.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 8:22 pm

How's that bud?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 8:24 pm

jkdrone wrote:
Ok, I've been continually having a problem finding the subsection (for example "Event and Trip Planner") I'm looking for - I'll scroll right past it a few times before I have to stop, slow down, and carefully read to find it.

The primary problem being the link text, although it is bold, is the exact same color as all of the other text. Meaning, you can't quickly skim the section titles and find the one you're looking for (cannot easily differentiate section titles from section descriptions).

Might I humbly request that the section link text have a different hue than the section description text. Additionally, the section link text should probably be more saturated than the description text. Implying the primary importance of the link, and the secondary importance of the link description.

For example:

Trails and Tales

Would become:

Trails and Tales

Obviously, you might choose different colors, but that's the idea - clearly differentiate the entry point and the related text that doesn't actually get you into a section.

!c

Great idea JK

Looks great Crux
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 8:31 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 8:34 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
jkdrone
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 10:02 am

Awesome - now its very easy to find the section headings =)

thx!

!c
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 9:46 am

can we make the white like a red? Easier on the eyes
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 2:48 pm

jonsjeep wrote:
can we make the white like a red? Easier on the eyes
Then we'd have gone full circle. I started out with red type, but it was hard for people so differenciate between that and the dark background. You guys are welcome to make a poll asking what the majority would like to "see". I'm just trying to be helpful.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 3:05 pm

I was kidding
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 4:42 pm

:soldier:
jonsjeep wrote:
I was kidding
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 6:57 pm

Looks good like it is
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 8:14 pm

I likey
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 11:26 pm

you get the banana man seal of approval
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2008, 12:16 am

Clubs need a new color. How about hot pink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make subsection link text different color...   Make subsection link text different color... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make subsection link text different color...
Page 1 of 1