MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Community Service

Go down 
+6
08jeepgirl
JK_JOE
CRUX
redneckhouston
jeff.lyon3
Renee10
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would you like to commit to help with a community project this fall?
Yes
Community Service Vote_lcap100%Community Service Vote_rcap
 100% [ 16 ]
No
Community Service Vote_lcap0%Community Service Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2008, 10:52 pm

We have had some great ideas to do some Community Service this fall. Ideas have been to get donations for the "Toys for Tots Program" or a food drive. I am placing a poll to see how many people are interesed in helping. Before we contact one of these services we would need a committment for help. This is for both SA & Houston Chapters.

Houston guys, Yvonne (08 jeepgirl) will be your point of contact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2008, 11:03 pm

I have volunteered to help with the Jeep Nation SA Toys for Tots drive. I will work with Renee and plan to be be the point of contact between us and Toys for Tots. In addition to the poll please post if you are willing to help with events or if you prefer to collect as a club and donate. There are many events during the holiday season and they are always looking for help. They accept donations of toys as well as cash.

I would like to have a good idea of what type of suport we will provide before contacting them.

Here is the web site for SA Toys for Tots

http://www.toysfortotssanantonio.org/
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 1:18 am

Hey guys, we have supported this with our various clubs for many years.

http://tx4wd.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5636

me and jen have always supported the USMC toys for tots and believe it is a really great cause.

it would be really great if jeep nation had a big turn out at the show

dec 13th at the pasedena fair ground
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 10:52 am

That might coincide with the Big Bend trip though.

But YES, I voted for helping out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 11:27 am

We will do what we can, just keep us up to date. santa
Back to top Go down
08jeepgirl
Poster child
Poster child
08jeepgirl

Number of posts : 311
Rig : Flame Red, 08 JK, 2 door , Soft top
specs. : 3" Lift, ORF Front Bumper, KC lights, ProComp Extreme Mud Terrain Tires, Rock Rails/Sliders, Lockers and Winch comming soon.
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 1:19 pm

redneckhouston wrote:
Hey guys, we have supported this with our various clubs for many years.

http://tx4wd.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5636

me and jen have always supported the USMC toys for tots and believe it is a really great cause.

it would be really great if jeep nation had a big turn out at the show

dec 13th at the pasedena fair ground

Can we put togather a Houston Chapter meeting for September to discuss the community services proposals.
I know were have never had a formal meeting but maybe we could pick a date to meet at a resturant somewhere that would be a half way point for all involved.
Muddog and I have already spoken to several stores in our local area who are more that happy to allow Jeep Nation to place donation boxes.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 3:41 pm

I like the idea of this event in Pasadena. I know we do have a Big Bend trip planned the week before CHristmas, but for those that can't make that trip they could go to Pasadena to participate in this event. We have a lot of members in Houston too and if you guys get together with the SA members not making the Big Bend trip we can make a good showing.

We have also had a great idea to adopt a highway, this would be a long term goal and committment, but would be cool. We can go over all these things at the next meeting.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 5:23 pm

I think we need to do the deal with TX4wd it's a really fun event with lots of people. Lots of different clubs from the area show up and hang out. It's cool to get to know all the clubs in the area and to do a good deed on top of it all.

At this show they give out awards for the biggest club to show up as well as an award for who drove the longest to get there.

and they have a great raffle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 8:30 pm

Got some good ideas from some emails from the Houston chapter. We can put drop boxes at businesses in town. I know you all have those stores where you know the owner, wheel with the manager etc. Some of you may even be able to put one at your work. I am going to ask, I work at USAA and might be too much red tape because they are so big, but I'll give it a shot.

If everyone will start to ask if we can put drop boxes it could really increase the donations. We have to request the drop boxes from Toys for Tots. They say request early because when they are gone they are gone. We could maybe make something as well.

Let me know if you have a place you can put a drop box. Lets not let those Houston Jeepers do better than us!!!

I would like to contact the local Toys for Tots in SA before the meeting so I can have all the information at the meeting. Start posting up with what you can do!
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 9:43 pm

I think we can do a drop box at my work, I'll talk to the powers that be this week.

I know me and my guys will also donate some toys.

Well let's see I have 3 kids, me and Bobby, three stepchildren, 3 girlfirends, one daughter-in-law...look how many donations that is already!!!
Back to top Go down
08jeepgirl
Poster child
Poster child
08jeepgirl

specs. : 3" Lift, ORF Front Bumper, KC lights, ProComp Extreme Mud Terrain Tires, Rock Rails/Sliders, Lockers and Winch comming soon.

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 11:27 pm

I will contact the Houston Area T.O.T as well as speaking to my boss about the donation box at work. Where I work the employees are all about them selves so this will be a chalange. But between my family and Larry's huge family we should be able to get some major donations. The Hardest past is Keeping our daughter out of the donations untill they are delivered.. We have already designated one of our small guest rooms as storage for Donations incase we have a great local response and have to empty the boxes frequently (I hope this happens)
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 11:53 pm

08jeepgirl wrote:
I will contact the Houston Area T.O.T as well as speaking to my boss about the donation box at work. Where I work the employees are all about them selves so this will be a chalange. But between my family and Larry's huge family we should be able to get some major donations. The Hardest past is Keeping our daughter out of the donations untill they are delivered.. We have already designated one of our small guest rooms as storage for Donations incase we have a great local response and have to empty the boxes frequently (I hope this happens)

LOL...................sounds like my kids.

I can hold all the donations for SA chapter. Lets start hitting up family and friends and see what we can do. Should get some locations for drop boxes coming in this week!!!

There are restrictions on what you can give to Toys for Tots. Nothing military, no guns or knives (even toy ones) and nothing related to law enforcement.............

Yeah I know. What fun is that? Just so everyone knows. They will give all of the above mentioned toys to another charity.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 7:07 pm

Do we wrap them or leave them unwrapped, is there a age specific range?
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 7:25 pm

Q : What ages of children are eligible to receive toys?
A :
National rules and guidelines permit distribution of toys to children
from 0 up to 13 years of age. However, Marine Corps Reserve units are
authorized to place further limitations on this depending on conditions
in their areas. In Bexar and Comal County , the decision has been
made to distribute toys to children up to 17 years of age only. We will
also distribute toys to individuals that are over 17 in special needs
cases.

Q : What kind of toys can I donate?
A :
New, unwrapped toys preferably around the $10 or above price range.
It is unsafe to distribute dangerous or dirty toys that could cause
injury or illness to a child.

Q : What kinds of toys are not allowed?
A :
Toys with military theme. Toys related to weapons/law enforcement type
toys. Toys with candy. Used toys. No chemicals (i.e. experimental
labs, acid, crystal projects, etc.). The Toys For tots program do not
allow these toys. The Toys For Tots of the Marine Corps reserve will
not distribute toys fitting this description that are donated to the
program to children. Instead, these toys will be donated to another
charity organization
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 7:37 pm

Thanks Jeff, that clarifiies it!
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 8:24 pm

I voted YES. i know a firestone store manager and if need to talk to him (my dad). They only hard part is getting boxes set up is to prove we are a club and are affiliated with toys for tots and not just some scam artists. The holidays are when those scumb bags pose as charities and keep the money/toys for themselves.

BUT, we have to try!
Back to top Go down
08jeepgirl
Poster child
Poster child
08jeepgirl

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 10:46 pm

I have contacted the Sgt in charge of the Houston area Toys for Tots requesting informaiton on how to best set this up.
If you go out to www.toysfortots.org under the promotional media there the official logo can be downloaded. I think this is a great place to start to create a professional donation display. We need a printable Jeep Nation Logo as well so that it can be included in the display.

Once I hear back from Sgt Dunn I will pass along any information he has.
At the same site you can go to the find a local campain office and scroll down to the officer in charge of the San Antonio area, there should be phone numbers and an email address listed.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 11:00 pm

Thanks 08jeepgirl,

I have been to the local site and only found a place to send an anonymous email. That works good.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 8:07 pm

I have initiated contact with Gunnery Sergeant Llanes, the SA toys for Tots representative. I should have all the info at the meeting on the 23rd. I invited him to attend to speak about the program and am waiting for a response.

If anyone has a drop box location identified please let me know. We have to reserve the boxes before they are all gone.

JKX0778 has committed to one at his dad's shop.

I plan to make fliers and distribute them in the neighborhood. Will also hit up people at work. Any other ideas are appreciated. Any events you attend may be productive. Anyone asked if you can put a box at your kids school? No word yet on events but I should have more info by meeting time.
Back to top Go down
08jeepgirl
Poster child
Poster child
08jeepgirl

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008, 9:02 am

I have contacted SSgt Andrew Dunn here in Houston. He will be sending me an email later this month with all the specifics.
We have lined up our local 4Wheel Parts store and a few local stores as well.
I too will be asking at work and family (hubby has a large family) Once I hear back from Sgt Dunn. I will know more about what we can put on the flyers and the donation boxes.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008, 7:27 pm

Got a response from GySgt Llanes today. He is getting all his info from meetings between 11 and 14 September. He will also attend the SA meeting on the 21st.

Will get clarification about the boxes. This was on the web page. Looks like if we find a spot they take care of it. Good call Crux.

Q : How does the Toys For Tots program work?
A : There two aspects associated with the program nationally:

1. Those activities undertaken by Marines, often with the support of the local community

2. Those activities of the Toys For Tots foundation in Quantico, Virginia , which support the Marine Corps program.

Marines:
Marines, often with the support of their local community partners,
stage toy collection barrels at various locations (for example, at a
participating business location). New, unwrapped, donated toys are
placed in these barrels. The barrels are collected periodically and
transported to a central holding location
, where the toys are examined
and sorted by gender and age group. These toys are then provided to
appropriate agencies (such as local churches, etc.), who identify and
distribute these toys to those children in need.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008, 7:29 pm

More info:

Q : How can my business get involved with Toys for Tots?
A: In the following ways:

1. provide volunteer assistance at distribution event
  2. Provide logistical support for the pickup and distribution of toys
  3. Provide fuel for pickup and distribution of toys
  4. Provide office furniture supplies, computers or other support materials
  5. Hold a toy collection drive at your business
  6. Make a monetary donation to Toys For Tots
  7. Organize a Toys for Tots promotional event in coordination with the Toys For Tots coordinators
  8. Refer us to other companies
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008, 9:22 pm

Great stuff, thanks Jeff!!!!
Back to top Go down
duny

duny

Number of posts : 1
Rig : 2003 X, 3 inch Suspension, 2 in body lift with 31in tires.
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Greetings   Community Service Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 4:06 pm

I was bored at work and stumbled accross this forum, and I do remember the email and phone call from 08jeepgirl but i never heard anything back from you. There are few marines with jeeps and we would loved to have had done somethings, hopefully there is a chance to work withy ou guys this year.

SSgt Dunn
Back to top Go down
http://tonemyxr.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 6:44 pm

duny wrote:
I was bored at work and stumbled accross this forum, and I do remember the email and phone call from 08jeepgirl but i never heard anything back from you. There are few marines with jeeps and we would loved to have had done somethings, hopefully there is a chance to work withy ou guys this year.

SSgt Dunn

All of the Houston guys joined up and did the TX4WD toys for tots thing.....we had a great turn out, over 200 rigs showed up, we did a car show, car crush, had a huge raffle there was a chili cook off there and we ended up collecting over 600 toys that day along with around 40,000 dollars which was also donated to toys for tots.

The Marines showed up in huge tanks and put on a great show for us as well, it was a blast!

we will be doing it again this year if you guys want to join us let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
Sponsored content

Community Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Service   Community Service Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Service
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: CLUBS :: JEEP NATION-
Jump to: