MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Jeep Feeling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

New Jeep Feeling Empty
PostSubject: New Jeep Feeling   New Jeep Feeling Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2008, 11:14 pm

I thought I`d share the feelings I had when I purchased a new Jeep. My first Jeep was an `89 Sahara that we got used in `93. We bought it when we lived in Pismo Beach, Ca. Man that was a fun time. I actually moved the Jeep here, and had her until she burned almost to the ground in my driveway. Had some "professional" manifold resurfacing done, and they screwed something up. Picked her up from the "golden" shop, drove her home, and she burst into flames affraid ! We were able to settle with their insurance company, and I purchased my next Jeep with some of the money.
The next one was a very cool `97 TJ purchased used in 2000. I was looking for another YJ to swap out some of the parts, but couldn`t find a decent one for the life of me. Spotted this one in the lot while driving by. It was an auto which I wasn`t too thrilled about, but other than that it was awesome! Already had a 4" lift, ARB rear locker and that new car smell at only 9000 miles! I remember driving it off the lot thinking...wow, this isn`t at all like the YJ. scratch I of course started modifying it as soon as money would permit. We drove that rig everywhere. Even drove it all the way to Kentucky (Fort Cambell). The wife wasn`t too happy with all the bouncing, but it was a great trip! I had a lot of fun on the trails with it. It was my work truck, and really was to small for my needs. After a good life and 114,000 miles, I decided to start looking for a new Jeep. I really needed more room, and she was starting to leak and such. It gets to a point where you can either start putting tons of money into a daily driver, or get a new one. I surely didn`t want a truck! So I actually started looking for an `06 Rubicon unlimited.

I wanted to swap out all my parts (yes again), but couldn`t find what I wanted. I figured If I was going to purchase another vehicle, I was getting exactly what I wanted. I wanted an `06 new Rubi unl damn it!!! Found a sweet used one on ebay (yes, I know affraid ). That way cool khaki metallic they came out with :drool3: . Couldn`t make the deal work. The bank would only finance about 60% for a loan. No can do. I called every dealer around-nothin! I was getting desperate. And of course the dealers wanted to sell me whatever-no help. So, I started looking at the `07's. I didn`t like the look of the 4 door at first. I remember reading an article years back about the 4 door concept. It was the wrangler Dakar. At the time, I thought oh that was one nice looking Jeep. Now it looks like the old Liberty to me. Thats ok, the wifie had two Lib`s. Nice Jeeps. Anyway, I was looking at the JK`s thinking that doesn`t look like the 4 door concept scratch . I decided to go ahead and check one out in person. Nothing like a new vehicle on the lot, you know. It was a steel blue 4 door X auto. I test drove it knowing that I wasn`t gonna buy one that day, but I wanted to see what the hub bub was all about. Honestly I wasn`t very impressed with the engine (big surprise huh), but I wanted a 6 speed and figured I`d put the CAI in and it be good to go.

So, I began the looooooooooooooooooong search trying to find a JK. I think I must have spent a week with 4-6 hours searching everything-online, auto traders, newspapers, etc. I even ordered my Jeep from the factory. :hypnotized: . Spoke to several dealers and found one that was willing to help out for real...or so I thought. They were able to find a Rubi but needed a Rubi to swap for another Rubi :loco2: . While they searched and searched, I found one at a dealer in Greenville,TX. A little east of big D. Called `em up and asked if they were willing to deal. They were very upfront and said NO. There was 5 others looking at this one, and the price is not changing, period. They only had the one Rubi, it was pretty much what I wanted with the exception of a hard top. It was a really good deal. So I gave them a deposit over the phone, headed to my bank, got all my ducks in a row, and hauled ass to Dallas. It`s a good thing I wasn`t driving the wife`s new `07 mustang GT, or I would not have had the extra money for my first mod due to the several tickets I would have been issued.

I`ll NEVER forget the feeling I had driving onto the lot seeing that beautiful black Rubi sitting there just waiting to go to it`s new home! I have to say, as much as I love her now all modded up, she was so perfect parked there just stock. The saleman walked up and introduced himself. Handed me the keys & said "well, you want to take it for a spin"? Of course I obliged. He didn`t even want to go, just said "have fun". I had that shit eating grin from that day forth. Goosebumps didn`t go away till the next few days. I was probably the goofiest looking mofo on that drive home. At least it was dark.

Well that was the beginning of my new love affair, and every day my heart grows fonder. Got the CAI a few days later and was thrilled with the boost in HP and performance. The mods pretty much have not ceased. Even the little ones that nobody notices are constantly being added. I can`t imagine my life without her. With the 4 doors I can haul so much equipment and actually get at it. I just think back to when I worked out of the TJ, and wonder how did I have room scratch . How did I live without my wonderful JK? Don`t get me wrong, I loved ALL my Jeeps, but for me, this is the ultimate JEEP! There`s still so many things I`d like to do to her, places to take her, ways to get her dirty :mischieviousbi . I`m a Jeep freak, yes I`m aware :hail: . I`m sure somewhere there`s a 12 step program, but I`d purposely jump off that wagon!

So, it`s all good. I can`t say it`s all down hill from here because I would way rather go uphill :mischievious:. I hope everyone here feels this great and yet this silly about their Jeeps. From XJ`s to JK`s, may all your daily commutes be a little more exiting, and all your trail runs exhilarating! Keep the rubber side down, wave to your fellow Jeepers, and remember HAVE FUN OUT THERE! :crazyjump:
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com

New Jeep Feeling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: MyBLOG :: Blog This...-
Jump to: