MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY

Go down 
+5
jeeperjennie
Mud Dog 08
N2rock
JK_JOE
skoalman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
skoalman
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
skoalman

Number of posts : 525
Rig : Black Unlimited Rubicon
specs. : Starting to add stuff now.....
Registration date : 2008-04-22

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008, 10:37 pm

Tomorrow is my first trip back to the beach house after the hurricane. Well, actually, its my first trip back to the slab of concrete after the hurricane. I am meeting other folks from our neighborhood in Winnie at 6am.

It is looking to be a loooong trip, as I'm sure the traffice will be horrible with only one lane on the RollOver Pass bridge. Not to mention the checkpoints I will have to drive thru.

Most of us will be packing, as we have all heard rumors of packs of wild, starving dogs and lots of rattlesnakes that washed up out of the dunes. The coons have also gone nuts down there as well. One of our neighbors houses, that made it thru the storm, was totally trashed and totalled by coons.

No water, electricity or sewer services are available. We were told they might not be up and running for a year.

Its starting to look like an interesting trip.

Wish me luck, and I will post some pics when I get back.
Back to top Go down
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008, 11:14 pm

Good luck Bro, my heart goes out to all of you who lost more than I can imagine.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 7:58 am

good luck. Glad to hear you'll be packin- it really looks unsafe there!
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Mud Dog 08
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Mud Dog 08

Number of posts : 82
Rig : 08 JK Unlimited 4dr
specs. : 2.5 bb from skyjacker and skyjacker shocks JKS quick disconnects
Registration date : 2008-05-31

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 8:50 am

Good luck Todd I know from being down there at the folks house that this is going to be a very heart breaking time for you and your family. All of your family are in our thoughts and take care of yourselves while down there on the island.
WATCH OUT FOR THEM COONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myjeepforum.net
skoalman
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
skoalman

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 5:24 pm

Thanks for the concern.

Nothing I have ever seen in my 47 years could have prepared me for what I saw this morning.

Complete and total devistation and destruction. From the time I drove out of High Island until the minute I pulled up to our "slab".....there is nothing left. I could not put my finger on it at first, but what was really weird was driving down 87 and looking over and seeing the Gulf. You can see the Gulf now because there are no dunes or houses to block your view.
I would say 80% of homes and businesses on Bolivar are gone. Not just unable to re-open because of damage, but gone. Poof. No more.

I was able to dig up about 30 pieces of my grandmothers china. It was buried about 10 feet behind the slab.
I am going back on Sunday with my trusty "archeological kit"....er....shovel, to see what else I can find.

Now for the critter report.....I did not see any snakes at all. Nor did I see any of the famous Bolviar Coons. I did, however, see hundreds, and I mean hundreds of coon tracks. It looked like Saturday night on 6th Street in Austin..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 6:25 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your losses.......George said we have shovels and a great metal det. if you need our help just let us know we would be more then happy to help you dig look or what ever you might need
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
skoalman
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
skoalman

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 7:20 pm

Hmmmmmm, thanks Jennie. I am intrigued by the metal detector idea.

Mom is most interested in her mom's china now, but she had almost a complete set of Calphalon cookware.
I'm sure she would like to find that.... Very Happy

George and I might have to give the metal detector a try. And if we dont find any pots and pans, I bet we could go down to the beach and dig up a dubloon or two....pay the jeep off.... Smile
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 7:43 pm

Sorry to hear of what you came home to see. Our thought are with you guys, and I hope you can find what was lost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 8:14 pm

damn, Todd. sorry to hear about your parent's loss. Total loss. i saw some of the pictures showing a lot of empty lots and a house or two here & there or what was left of them. you & your family will be in our prayers.
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 8:41 pm

sorry for your loss bro good luck on the treasure hunt and be safe when you let your guard down is usualy when crap happens our prayers are with you guys
Back to top Go down
skoalman
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
skoalman

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 6:39 am

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY BeachhouseBOLIVAR RE-ENTRY DSC_0008Thanks everyone for the concern.

Here are before and after shots.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 7:48 am

oh man I hate to see that, it breaks our hearts.....Look we are dead serious if you guys want us to come help you dig and look for things let us know. Also, if you guys need anything else let us know. We are here for ya.

My # 713-582-4981
G's # 713-582-2825
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 7:49 am

so sad! That was a really nice house
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008, 5:58 pm

Words can't express how sad we are for you guys, let us know we will come up and do what ever we can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
skoalman
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
skoalman

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 5:11 am

Thanks Renee.

Everyone has been wonderful with the offers to help. I just dont think there is anything really to do now, except get ready to
fight the insurance companies.....Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY   BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOLIVAR RE-ENTRY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: News & Views :: Everything else-
Jump to: