MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive

Go down 
+3
jkx0778
xxXJohnny
Renee10
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2008, 6:29 pm

Thanks to everyone for coming out and bringing all the food!! You guys are awesome. I think we are going to try and take these goodies to the food bank this next week, if we get a time I will send out an email in case any of you guys can make it.

Sorry we missed these event things came up that we couldn't help, December is so busy maybe next year we should plan this thing in Oct? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeSat 13 Dec 2008, 11:32 pm

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for coming out for the food drive. Seemed like everybody had a good time and we just about filled Renee & Bobby's trailer!!

The pizza and brew at Freetail was awesome! Thanks Scott for the goodies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec 2008, 9:54 pm

i like that idea. lets put it to a vote (after the new year) then fill out the application and start things rolling.

the hours, unfortunately are Monday - Friday 8am - 5 pm
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec 2008, 9:13 pm

Richard, that is a great idea!!! Lets do it! Maybe one evening we can get everyone together or even the next weekend, maybe a poll could tell us when they are available. I agree we should start planning for next year if this is something the group would like to do. We could make a big impact next year if we start now.

What if at every meeting we bring some can goods, by the end of the year Wala!! We have alot of food.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec 2008, 2:47 pm

I just got a response from my email :

Richard,

Thank you so much for having a food drive to benefit the Food Bank. I am looking into an opportunity for media but I am not sure if we have anything coming up. Also, I would like to give you a tour of the food bank when you come in so you can have a better understanding of what we do. Please keep me posted on when you are coming by so I can make arrangements to be here. Once again, thank you for all you do!

Sincerely,

Monica Borrego

Food and Fund Drive Coordinator

San Antonio Food Bank

5200 Old Highway 90 W

San Antonio TX , 78227

210.431.8310 Direct/Fax

210.337.3663 Office

mborrego@safoodbank.org

www.safoodbank.org

So I was thinking maybe we could go down as a group to donate if there is a news opportunity for the "Jeep community giving back." 10 Jeeps or more pulling up in a line always looks impressive. we could do the tour and start planning for a large "official" food drive next year.

glad to here you guys will be making it out.... lets push for more cheers
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec 2008, 12:44 pm

Erica and Kids will be with me.
Back to top Go down
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec 2008, 12:40 pm

Me and Janet will be there santa
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeTue 09 Dec 2008, 9:25 pm

Contra wrote:
well i am gonna let the guys in my group know about it too

Thanks Contra, all the help is greatly appreciated. As I said in some of the emails I sent out this is from the "Jeep Community" not Jeep Nation. We just wanta help, we don't have to have our name on it.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeTue 09 Dec 2008, 8:24 pm

Jude & I of course will be there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
Contra
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Contra

Number of posts : 140
Rig : 1997 Wrangler TJ
specs. : 5.5" lift, Rough Country Discos and a Aussie Locker up front
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeTue 09 Dec 2008, 8:09 pm

well i am gonna let the guys in my group know about it too
Back to top Go down
http://www.offroadjunkies.net
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeTue 09 Dec 2008, 4:16 pm

bump.... ok guys, can we get a list of ppl planning on making it out? no formal meeting, but would still be nice to have an informal head count.

Don't forget to bring some cans of food. i'll likely bring about 10 cans of corn & green beans. not saying anyone has to bring that much, but we're gonna have Renee & Bobby's trailer and it would look kinda pitiful with like 20 cans of food No
inside. Also, i emailed the foodbank today & asked if they had any days they know for sure the NEWs crews will be out there. It would be sweet if a line of jeeps pulled into the food bank parking lot with a FULL or near full trailer of food :agreed: for the news cameras

From the San Antonio Food Bank Website:

Most Needed Food Items
Peanut Butter
Cereal
Tuna
Beans
Rice
Macaroni and Cheese
Chili
Canned Stews
Canned Soups
Canned Luncheon Meats
Full Meals in a Can/Box
“Pop Top” Food Items

** no glass containers are accepted
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeThu 27 Nov 2008, 12:08 am

hell naw i was planing on being there both days :smilieinabottl
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 10:38 pm

The 28th was their first day opening but not the Grand Opening, the 13th should be a blast they have live music and lots of food and give aways. Hope this change in dates didn't mess things up for you. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 10:05 pm

what happend to the 28th
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

PostSubject: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2008, 9:21 pm

Hi Guys,

We have our December Meet and Greet set-up for Dec 13th at Freetail Brewery about 5pm. It is their Grand Opening and they will have live bands, music, food and of course beer. We are also doing a food drive and we need all the food we can get. I am sending invitations out to the other clubs here in town so if you know someone please help us spread the word. The address is 4035 N Loop 1604 W. Suite 105. San Antonio, TX 78257, they are at 1604 & Military Hwy.

http://www.freetailbrewing.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive   December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

December Jeep Meet & Greet & Food Drive
Page 1 of 1