MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am

Go down 
+2
CRUX
IPvFletch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IPvFletch

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 10:54 am

Yes, and I thought the songs would be quite fitting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 10:48 am

All RIght!!! We have another Linkin Park fan in the group cheers

Good video there Fletch. Enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
IPvFletch

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 3:38 am

We will take more footage next time. My wife was dealing with our dog and my kid the whole time so she couldn't really spend a lot of time outside getting footage of the trails. We didn't really stop either, so it is not like she could get footage of it all. The trails were basically more like trails but like I said, there were some good rock formations. There was one we had to bypass even because it looked too risky. The 1s and 2s are pretty gnarly, especially for a stocker.. But I'm sure you all would go flying through these are 15mph, but we were new to all of this.

I guess as I learn more "technique" I will attempt some bigger trails... I want to go play in the big dry creek over by No Name some more too..
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 3:33 am

IPvFletch wrote:

his stocker is no match for anything above what we did today. Smile

we were just razzing ya alittle.........we know how the camera lies

and fwiw a stock rubi, with a decent driver and a good spotter, and run 3's easy and 4's with an occasional strap
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 3:29 am

no I wasn't making fun of you at all...I was just asking if there was more video's of more trails.

Trust me I know how video can make something not look as bad as it was
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
IPvFletch

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 3:26 am

Yeah yeah yeah make fun of me all you want... Smile

The video does not do it justice.. It doesn't look as steep as it is. But yes, they are beginners trails. Levels 1 and 2. I guess the 2s were the "obstacles".

Actually, most of the good "obstacles" we didn't actually get video of. There were some pretty mean rocks there and you easily could have punctured a tire or busted something if you slid down in the groove. It was pretty fun for me and my wife and my 4 year old, so I'm happy. This is my wife's daily driver... I don't really want to get it all scratched up ya know.. Not HER baby...

Also the other guy had never ever been out before (this was only my 2nd time ever too) and his stocker is no match for anything above what we did today. I didn't want him to break his rig trying to pop his cherry.. Smile
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 12:30 am

nice video

looks like they have good access roads how was the wheelin though?
Did you get any video of any of the trails?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 11:32 pm

Nice perimeter trail.
Back to top Go down
IPvFletch

PostSubject: Video Compilation   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 10:48 pm

Today's run was a success, despite a poor turnout. We had a whopping 2 rigs.. Very Happy 👏 Very Happy

Nah, it was kind of short notice for many, and also a week before a big Katemcy run for most, so we were lucky to even get out ourselves... :crazyeyes:

I made a video compilation here. If you don't like Linkin Park, I suggest you turn down/mute your speakers before clicking on this.. :eek2: :rotflmao2:

Enjoy (we sure did)!! 👍

http://www.ipvfletch.net/jeep/jk/compilation.wmv
Back to top Go down
IPvFletch

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 10:05 pm

Yes I plan to be at the Trees Ranch Texas Size Meet, and also I think Katemacy in 2 weeks, and like I said above, BC next weekend (or bust)!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 9:50 pm

Welcome aboard, hope you can make our 2nd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet, its MArch 28th & 29th!!

We all went to Boulder last year and did have a great time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
IPvFletch

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 9:40 pm

Thanks, I did not know about this until N2Rock told me so I figured I'd join especially if many Central TX folks hang out here (which I heard). I'm in Austin, and hope to get all over TX and maybe further for some wheelin here before year-end.. This is my 2nd Jeep (had a TJ with no A/C and a 1.5" BB and 33s before)...
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 8:25 pm

Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
IPvFletch

PostSubject: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 8:18 pm

Smile

Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Caravan starts @ Mimi's - Bee Caves Galleria, 10am</FONT>

Alright, well it seems like everybody (and even their mothers) is interested in doing a trail run but nobody seems to want to organize it. So since I'm planning to go anyhow, I'm going to organize it (I guess). :dontknow2:
This IN NO WAY :naw: means you should listen to me :sad2: or what I have to say. :naw: I am a n00000000b when it comes to wheeling... I will be the guy there with a broken jeep, no tools, stranded without food or water, possibly for weeks. :rotflmao2:
So hopefully some of y'all are a little more versed than I, at wheeling and Jeeps in general and I would more than love for you to help show us noobs the ropes, err I mean the rocks. I have only wheeled once with my (stock) JK (at Boulder Creek) and brought the family, and it was a blast! We kept on the Level 1s and 2s and even some of those obstacles we bypassed (there are bypasses all over the place). So it should be fun for all those who are mild to wild.
Anywho, we can make this as organized or as little organized as possible, it's up to you. Some thoughts I will throw out there include a morning run, then grub on some bbq or otherwise a picnic lunch at one of the day use/pavillion areas, and then another afternoon run and assorted riff raff and trouble-making. There's even a gun range there so we could do some of that, if we can get access to it that day.
Where: http://www.bouldercreekfarms.org/4x4.html
When: Saturday, January 31st - Meet at the office/entrance at 11am. We will head out probably around 11:15 after everyone gets there. I originally said 9am but that is just too dang early and we'll have all day as long as we want anyways. Plus it is too damn cold at that hour these days.. Smile
If you're coming from South Austin, I suggest you take 71N or else 290W to 281N to Marble Falls. It is about 1-1.5 hours depending on what part of Austin you're in. If you live IN Marble Falls, well, hell, you're just a few minutes away, so that means post-party is at YOUR HOUSE!! :ya: j/k
FYI, Google Maps is WRONG in where it shows Boulder Creek Farms at. It shows it right in Marble Falls. It is about 5 mins further East. Mapquest is most accurate, so here is the link if you need it: [url=http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Marble Falls&state=TX&address=7420 E FM 1431]http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Marble Falls&state=TX&address=7420 E FM 1431[/url]
As far as what to bring, bring what you can within reason. If you plan to break your Jeep, bring tools to repair it. If you plan to get stuck, bring a winch and/or tow ropes and the like. Spare tires are a good idea, so throw those on if you took them off. 👍 As for the picnic/bbq, let's see who all is interested in this first, and then we can make a list of what to bring. If you bring a lot of stuff, like coolers and packs and what not, be sure to bring bungies or otherwise some means to tie them down, as they will likely be bouncing all around or out of your Jeep on some of these trails (again depending how crazy you go).
Sound good???? Very Happy
Please reply here if you're coming and say how many people you're bringing with you, and then I will keep a running headcount/list in this first post.
I will also advertise with the folks at KrawlTex - And if you know anyone else not on this board or if you want to link this from another board, please do!!

LIST OF THOSE ATTENDING
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IPvFletch 1.5 (wife 4 yr old)
atxengr ~1
neopj3

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited by IPvFletch on Wed 28 Jan 2009, 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am   Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boulder Creek Run 1/31 - Meet in Bee Caves 10am
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: News & Views :: Thread Graveyard-
Jump to: