MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back Up Your Chit!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009, 11:18 pm

I just lost a BUNCH of files (mostly photos) when Vista took a dump.... :banghead:

I had backed up everything in January except for the files that I had on the desktop (only saved the stuff in my main folder photos/music/movies/downloads etc...) The problem is that almost all of my Jeepin pix and all of my 2009 kids pics are all gone.... except for what I uploaded to photobucket.

I have the disk that Steve made at the new years run but none from the trees run.

Anyone mind looking for some choice shots of my heap at the Trees run? I will owe you one.

AND will back EVERYTHING up weekly this time and not forget about the desktop stuff.

Here is the G wagon:

Back Up Your Chit! P4120320
Back Up Your Chit! P4120327
**the hard top was on during the Trees run**
Back Up Your Chit! P3300215
** I had an orange recovery strap wrapped around my spare during the Trees run**
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 6:21 am

man, that sucks. I lost a bunch of stuff when I had a virus a little while ago. sucks trying to get everything back how you want it. :banghead:
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 8:01 am

Little Vista tip: Install (and pay) for Norton Anti-virus. It has an automatic backup function where it backs up new files online. Then if your computer takes a crap, all your stuff can be downloaded.

I have it. Have never had a need to download the backups. But its nice to know that its there if needed.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
1BAJK
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
1BAJK

Number of posts : 12
Rig : 2007 Wrangler X
specs. : 6.1 Hemi, Currie D 60 RocJocks, ORE coilover suspension front and rear,Full Traction Long Arms,bunch a little stuff
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 8:47 pm

N2rock wrote:
Little Vista tip: Install (and pay) for Norton Anti-virus. It has an automatic backup function where it backs up new files online. Then if your computer takes a crap, all your stuff can be downloaded.

I have it. Have never had a need to download the backups. But its nice to know that its there if needed.

X2 - it's nice and easy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 8:59 pm

N2rock wrote:

I had Norton on a computer years ago and liked it.

The "geek squad" told me it is to big and slows down your computer. I got Kaspersy instead and am happy with it.

What is the deal with Norton? Is it true what they said or are they getting kickbacks from Kasperky?
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 8:20 am

jdldx3 wrote:

I had Norton on a computer years ago and liked it.

The "geek squad" told me it is to big and slows down your computer. I got Kaspersy instead and am happy with it.

What is the deal with Norton? Is it true what they said or are they getting kickbacks from Kasperky?

Sounds like kickbacks to me. I run Vista, which as everyone knows is a memory hog. And yet I don't notice Norton residing in the memory at all.

My office uses both Norton and Symantec on all the computers. Yes, we're paranoid and run 2 virus programs. We also backup the entire network (50+ computers) every night.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 9:57 am

Oh well,

Kaspersky seems to work OK but doesn't have all the utilities that the Norton total security package.

Less for me to learn
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 5:38 pm

Thanks for the tip on Norton stuff. I just purchased the 360 version, gonna set it up to save to my 1TB external hard drive every night before shutting down.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2009, 9:29 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Thanks for the tip on Norton stuff. I just purchased the 360 version, gonna set it up to save to my 1TB external hard drive every night before shutting down.

Yup- 360 is what I'm running. Once you set it all up, you'll never even know it is there- everything is automated and your safe.

1TB- NICE!
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2009, 9:41 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

I just saw a 1TB external hard drive while looking for them on line. I guess that is where we are going now for storage?

I imagine we will see regular hard drives that big soon.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2009, 10:12 am

jdldx3 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

I just saw a 1TB external hard drive while looking for them on line. I guess that is where we are going now for storage?

Oh, you can already get regular HD's that big- we have them at the office. In fact, you can get bigger HD's
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2009, 10:55 am

N2rock wrote:
jdldx3 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

Oh, you can already get regular HD's that big- we have them at the office. In fact, you can get bigger HD's

They have probably been out there for a while for government and business. I was talking mainstream and personal use.

I can't keep up with all this new stuff anyway. They may have been out there years and I just saw it the other day.
Back to top Go down
lnufnu
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
lnufnu

Number of posts : 99
Rig : 07 Jk
specs. : too much....
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2009, 11:21 am

Ron, I have some utilities to recover your files, if you havent already reformatted and reinstalled.

Russell
LnuFnu
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2009, 12:46 pm

lnufnu wrote:
Ron, I have some utilities to recover your files, if you haven't already reformatted and reinstalled.

Russell
LnuFnu

Thanks FNU, something happened and it automatically went into system recovery and reformatted itself. I have a set of recovery disks but it also can be done from the HD.... wierd stuff. When it was finished it looked like it just came out of the box... I have most of my stuff backed up, just the damn jeepin pix that were on the desktop are gonzo..

that is fixed from now on....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back Up Your Chit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Up Your Chit!   Back Up Your Chit! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back Up Your Chit!
Page 1 of 1