MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

question for those running 37s

Go down 
+3
N2rock
redneckhouston
jkx0778
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

question for those running 37s Empty
PostSubject: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 2:33 pm

This question is for those running 37s on the D30 (G & johnny.... anyone else?)

how is the gas mileage? And of course, how long has the D30 held up? G, your running an Aussie locker up front and Chromo shafts, right? Have you wheeled it pretty hard since going to 37s? any recent breaks in the front since moving up?

Johnny, did you upgrade your axle shafts or are you still running stock? it seemed like you crawled over everything with little to no efforts up at the TSJM. did you upgrade to lockers or still running completely stock? did you do the C-gussets? hows the driving on the HWY with the 37s and your 4.10s?

thanks
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 3:54 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
This question is for those running 37s on the D30 (G & johnny.... anyone else?)

how is the gas mileage? And of course, how long has the D30 held up? G, your running an Aussie locker up front and Chromo shafts, right? Have you wheeled it pretty hard since going to 37s? any recent breaks in the front since moving up?

Johnny, did you upgrade your axle shafts or are you still running stock? it seemed like you crawled over everything with little to no efforts up at the TSJM. did you upgrade to lockers or still running completely stock? did you do the C-gussets? hows the driving on the HWY with the 37s and your 4.10s?

thanks

personally i think 37's are a waste, they really dont make that big of a difference and they break alot more stuff than 35's, they are really to much tire for a d30......and if you are going to beef everything anyhow go 40's

37's .........check, d30axle.........check ive wheeled the yellow jeep 6 or 7 times with big tires.....got pretty stupid, beat it very hard at barnwell and shiloh .........

put the alloys/locker/37's in the 2dr for trees................it had 4.88's also.............broke the rear d44 carrier and did this

alloy usa crommie..........fucked
question for those running 37s DSC_7381
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 4:36 pm

Man Geo- good reply!

Especially the fact that the 2dr broke the D44 Carrier and ruined that front chromo shaft!

And as you pointed out... You only gain 1" of actual height by going with 37's over 35's. One additional inch of height is not going to make any difference the majority of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 5:55 pm

35's to 37's is more about the look...that is if you ask me...but I don't run 37's, so I guess ya didn't...but IMHO, if gas mileage is a big concern forget the 37's..gonna be worse than the 35's

but I do like the look of the 37's on the Jeep
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 7:20 pm

Wheeled on 37's on stock 44's for over 18 months. I wheel harder than most, but am careful with the stupid pedal and only snapped one u-joint in all that time.

With some finess and knowledge the 37's are not axle killers, at least when talking about the JK Dana 44. That having been said they may (or may not) be too much for a Dana 30.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 7:35 pm

One thing forgotten here. When wheeling a automatic, it's a lot more forgiving than a standard. When a standard loads up, it is Totally engaged. Unlike an automatic, it is not locked up all the way.

In my opinion, that's what got both front and rear on G's.

I wheel mine almost every weekend on 37's and haven't had a problem with the rear 44 until I had the front end off the ground on top of a hill and beating on it but that was a year and a half into wheeling.

Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 10:48 pm

35s to 37s might not seem all that big of a difference. but i wheel 34s. so 1.5" is a good difference here versus 1/2" going to 35s. I dont every get too crazy with the go fast pedal. my thinking is, if i'm gonna consider spending my $$, i wanna get the best bang for the buck. it's still just a pipe dream right now. but since some have been running 37s for a while, i wanted to gather the info before i started to look to one path or another.

thanks for the input everyone
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 12:42 am

Paul08Wrangler wrote:
One thing forgotten here. When wheeling a automatic, it's a lot more forgiving than a standard. When a standard loads up, it is Totally engaged. Unlike an automatic, it is not locked up all the way.

In my opinion, that's what got both front and rear on G's.

I wheel mine almost every weekend on 37's and haven't had a problem with the rear 44 until I had the front end off the ground on top of a hill and beating on it but that was a year and a half into wheeling..

thats true, several months of wheelin with a auto= no problems........5hrs with a stick and boom

in reality most guys could wheel for a long time with cromo's and 37's with a d30.........just dont be stupid with it or its a long walk home

heck , had i been driving the jeep to trees i probably wouldent have been beating it so hard and would not have broke it
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 7:18 pm

i run an 07 X stock D30 front and a stock D44 rear w/410 gears and stock drive shafts and BFG kms 37x1250xr17 on stock wheels (automatic trans) no lockers

i ran it that way at the TSJM-2 and like you saw i didnt back down from anything and no probs for me like it was stated just dont get crazy with the go go pedal and know where your tires are

as for the MPG well i dont really know because i have yet to get that little computer thingy to recalibrate my comp.
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 2:15 pm

you really don't want to know the gas mileage...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question for those running 37s   question for those running 37s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question for those running 37s
Page 1 of 1