MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muffler Bob (?)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Muffler Bob (?) Empty
PostSubject: Muffler Bob (?)   Muffler Bob (?) Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 10:50 pm

Crux got me thinking when he posted something about "bobbing the muffler" which I thought was about cutting the end off of the muffler on the Jeep but I think that it may have some type of freaky innuendo... 🍌

Anyway, I got to thinking that I needed to do something about the bent muffler (on the Jeep!)
Muffler Bob (?) P5200655

Cut it (the Jeep muffler!) short with the sawzall:
Muffler Bob (?) P5200657

Grinded the sharp edges a little to clean it (the Jeep muffler!) up:
Muffler Bob (?) P5200659

Sprayed it (the Jeep muffler!) with a little high temp paint... good to get another coat to stay in front of the rust anyway:
Muffler Bob (?) P5200661

lol!
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Muffler Bob (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Bob (?)   Muffler Bob (?) Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 11:06 pm

Any difference in back pressure? Thinking about doing mine as that seems to be the first thing to get bent on the trail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Muffler Bob (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Bob (?)   Muffler Bob (?) Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 11:20 pm

CRUX wrote:
Any difference in back pressure? Thinking about doing mine as that seems to be the first thing to get bent on the trail.

I don't know.... have not driven it yet. I cannot say that I noticed a difference when I smashed it, and I don't think it was smashed enough to make much of a difference. Someone who knows feel free to enlighten me....

I just got tired of seeing the bent up muffler. I expected it too... the first thing to go is the drive shaft boot... then it is the muffler mod.... or if you are me you will mix in some body damage and rockrash ot the rims...
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Muffler Bob (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Bob (?)   Muffler Bob (?) Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 7:53 am

CRUX wrote:

I did mine some time ago and noitced no real difference in noise or how the motor ran.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Muffler Bob (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Bob (?)   Muffler Bob (?) Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 10:01 am

how far is the outlet from the tire? is it pointing right at it or more like behind the rear tire? my only concern would be long road trips, heating up the tires with the exhaust along with the normal heat generated by the drive. mine looked like that too, i just cut like 3" off about 3 wks ago.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Muffler Bob (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Bob (?)   Muffler Bob (?) Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 10:09 am

jkx0778 wrote:
how far is the outlet from the tire? is it pointing right at it or more like behind the rear tire? my only concern would be long road trips, heating up the tires with the exhaust along with the normal heat generated by the drive. mine looked like that too, i just cut like 3" off about 3 wks ago.

I believe that it sits far enough behind the tire to not be a factor while on the road, I will monitor it. Easy enough modify if it turns out to be a problem.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Muffler Bob (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Bob (?)   Muffler Bob (?) Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 10:43 am

I did mine. About the same time I switched to synthetic oil and took off the top/doors. Had a 2-3 mpg increase!

Don't know what actually caused it but I was happy about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muffler Bob (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Bob (?)   Muffler Bob (?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muffler Bob (?)
Page 1 of 1