MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A/C Problem?

Go down 
+6
N2rock
akonius
Dutchboy101
jkx0778
MudHound
..::Ryan::..
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 2:16 pm

How does everyones A/C work in this heat? Mine kinda sucks...I can leave it on for like 15 mins come out to the car and it is not cold at all. When I am driving around it is constantly at full blast and never seems to make the car "Cool". Is it just me or do others jeeps A/C suck as well?
Back to top Go down
MudHound
Got No Life
Got No Life
MudHound

Number of posts : 1323
Rig : 97 TJ
specs. : Part TJ, Part JK, Part CJ, Part K30.....The hell?
Registration date : 2008-01-28

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 2:28 pm

Jeep a/c's have never really been good. One reason is jeeps are not made to rell hold in all the cold air, way to many places for the heat to find its way in. Now the JK has the best of all jeeps so far at cooling down from what i can tell. Now in my opinone there is no reason to hav ac in a jeep, just take the top/doors off. Now i'll admit the heater works great in the jeep this time of year, gets hot enought to melt the air vent them selfs (my jeep has been overheatin so i run the heat to keep it cool)
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 2:55 pm

mine is sucking a$$ since march or april. the recyle air button isn't working. so it doesn't go full blast like it used to. i've been toying with the idea of herculing or spray-on bedlining the inside of the top to try to help insulate the inside from the heat.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:03 pm

MudHound wrote:
Jeep a/c's have never really been good. One reason is jeeps are not made to rell hold in all the cold air, way to many places for the heat to find its way in. Now the JK has the best of all jeeps so far at cooling down from what i can tell. Now in my opinone there is no reason to hav ac in a jeep, just take the top/doors off. Now i'll admit the heater works great in the jeep this time of year, gets hot enought to melt the air vent them selfs (my jeep has been overheatin so i run the heat to keep it cool)

Cody, when you have to go to a business meeting in a professional setting and are in a suit, coat and tie. You'll appreciate the A/C in the Jeep. Actually, the people you'll be meeting with appreciate you not stinking up the place.

In your case, when you're chatting up a chick in a bar she'll appreciate the A/C too.
you might even get laid once in a while!!! lol!

edit: forgot you are not old enough to drink. Forget the above comments and keep reading the comic books. 🤣
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:08 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:

In your case, when you're chatting up a chick in a bar she'll appreciate the A/C too.

edit: forgot you are not old enough to drink. Forget the above comments and keep reading the comic books. 🤣

no true sash, in cody's case, they don't care as long as they get paid affraid

j/k co-dee. i would love to have the top off, but i got the baby riding in the back seat everyday. also, i don't like getting to work smelling like BO and a big wet spot on the middle of my back and ass crack.

tooooooooo frickin hot around here.
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:21 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
i don't like getting to work smelling like BO and a big wet spot on the middle of my back and ass crack.

:crazy2: nice visual imprint!
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:54 pm

akonius wrote:
Dutchboy101 wrote:
i don't like getting to work smelling like BO and a big wet spot on the middle of my back and ass crack.

:crazy2: nice visual imprint!

Hey, I didn't write that!!! :funcomp:
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:08 pm

I have no problems with my A/C.

Turn on full, put on recirculate, crack open front windows. Starts blowing very cold within a few minutes of driving.

Gotta remember to crack those windows, and drive. That sucks out the stale hot air, so that the recirculate can do what it's supposed to do. After a few minutes of driving like this, close the windows and then the recirculate will really start blowing very cold. At least with mine it does.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:10 pm

I must have a broken Jeep...damn sh*ty A/C
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:14 pm

..::Ryan::.. wrote:
I must have a broken Jeep...damn sh*ty A/C

It might be covered under warranty, or just needs more frion.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:19 pm

How often do you have to refill the freon? It only has like 11000 miles on it.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:56 pm

..::Ryan::.. wrote:
How often do you have to refill the freon? It only has like 11000 miles on it.

Its not Freon anymore (just fyi)... But there should be no need to recharge the system. If the system is low, that means there is a leak. If there's a leak, it's warranty time.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 6:14 pm

Like N2, my AC does remarkably good considering its a jeep. Even with the doors off it cools the inside down a little (98 vs 100....). With the top and doors on it cools down pretty quick if I crack the window.
Back to top Go down
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2008 X BOB
specs. : 2dr 6 speed
Registration date : 2009-01-19

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 6:22 pm

No problems here either, and it's black! Pretty hot at first :flamingmad: , but like N2 says, let the hot air out and it cools down quick. I suppose my 2dr cools down faster!
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 9:12 pm

Keeps my knuckles cold.

Pretty much had the doors off since it got warm. No need for AC here
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 10:21 pm

my ac is super cold but then again ive only used 2 or 3 times you guys know me 32 or 102 rain or shine no top noo doors for me it a jeep damnit drive it like one

or i just borrow the ol' ladies passat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MudHound
Got No Life
Got No Life
MudHound

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 12:52 am

Dutchboy101 wrote:
MudHound wrote:

Cody, when you have to go to a business meeting in a professional setting and are in a suit, coat and tie. You'll appreciate the A/C in the Jeep. Actually, the people you'll be meeting with appreciate you not stinking up the place.

I can understand the suit thing, hell just driving around in my uniform sucks a$$.
Also some might have forgotten to tell you but they invented this thing call deodorant, give it a try some time :nahnahna2:

OH and not old enough to drink?! Ok got me there but it doesnt stop me drinking or going to bars
Back to top Go down
MudHound
Got No Life
Got No Life
MudHound

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 12:54 am

jkx0778 wrote:
Dutchboy101 wrote:

no true sash, in cody's case, they don't care as long as they get paid affraid

j/k co-dee. i would love to have the top off, but i got the baby riding in the back seat everyday. also, i don't like getting to work smelling like BO and a big wet spot on the middle of my back and ass crack.

tooooooooo frickin hot around here.

Hey u never told me I had to pay them?! But hey with a youngen in the back seat i can see where going topless is a bad idea, unless u got a safari top
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeFri 03 Jul 2009, 11:07 am

[quote="Dutchboy101"]
MudHound wrote:

:agreed: If you want AC buy a Prius. Or a Hummer.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeFri 03 Jul 2009, 5:53 pm

Well it is official...The A/C is out in the Jeep. It no longer pushes out any sort of cool air. The air actually burns it is soo hot
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 6:02 pm

Just got the Jeep back from the dealership and this is what the writeup says:"AC NOT BLOWING COLD. 1 LB LOW ON FREON. EVAC AND RECHARGED SYSTEM, AND ADDED DYE. NO LEAKS FOUND AT THIS TIME. BLEND DOOR ARM POPPED OFF. PUT ARM BACK IN PLACE."
Back to top Go down
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2008 X BOB
specs. : 2dr 6 speed
Registration date : 2009-01-19

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 6:09 pm

What does a blend door have to do with your AC? I us mine for making marg oritas! :smilieinabottl
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 6:31 pm

Hell if I know. I think it has something to do with the magic that happens to create the cold air and divert it to the driver Smile
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 10:58 pm

rohantmh wrote:
What does a blend door have to do with your AC? I us mine for making marg oritas! :smilieinabottl

It is the arm that moves the flap thingy that allows cold air into the vents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A/C Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C Problem?   A/C Problem? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A/C Problem?
Page 1 of 1