MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

squeak in windshield post

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

squeak in windshield post Empty
PostSubject: squeak in windshield post   squeak in windshield post Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 7:05 pm

I have sqeak in the driverside windshield post. happens when i am driving, opening the drivers front door, even when i open the tail gate it sqeaks. i have tried taking the freedom panels off driving without them, still is there. I can't completely tell if is coming from the top corner cause the tone is just low enough its hard to pin point. Any thougths / suggestions?
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: squeak in windshield post   squeak in windshield post Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 10:07 pm

check the rubber around the drivers side window (door, not windshield). Mine has tucked under and gotten squished when I put the window up. And then it squeaked like you're describing. Took me a while to notice that the rubber was tucked under because it sounded like it was coming from the windshield
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: squeak in windshield post   squeak in windshield post Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 12:06 am

ok I'll look at it tomorrow. On my drive up to austin I listened to of more and it's coming from the passenger side too. I think a better description of the noise is a ticking. Let you know what I find.
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: squeak in windshield post   squeak in windshield post Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 12:49 am

goldenboy wrote:
ok I'll look at it tomorrow. On my drive up to austin I listened to of more and it's coming from the passenger side too. I think a better description of the noise is a ticking. Let you know what I find.

hey clint, i got your message today, sorry i havent called you back, i will do what you asked ,give me a few days.....as for the noise, i would check the 13mm bolts that attach the windshield to the rollbar, they are easy to get at with a extension without removing theplastic trim, there are 3 or 4 per side. my jeep developed a nasty ticking whenever i drove coming from the upper door/windshield area not long after i got it, seems aafter i flexed it and bounced it around a few offroad parks , alot of parts "wore" into each other, things wigled themselves into place and some of the bolts came loose. on mine it was only the driver side, and actually only the two lower bolts. now days i tend to tighten or at least check anything in reach whenever i have a wrench in my hand.

and on a personal note, sorry to hear of your loss, and if there is anything you need help with give me a shout

and if i dont awnser call jen at 713-582-4981
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: squeak in windshield post   squeak in windshield post Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 9:00 am

George thanks for the advice I'll take a look when I get back to Houston. Also thanks for the other thing too I am not in a rush and if it's easier I can wait till the matagorda beach trip.

He passed in December so the hardest part is over now we just have take care of the estate, which I have come to understand is no easy task.
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: squeak in windshield post   squeak in windshield post Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 11:51 pm

ok so i finally got around to checking on these bolts and all 3 on each side were loose but the ones on the pillar were hand loose! so for now sound solved. we'll see if it comes back after long's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: squeak in windshield post   squeak in windshield post Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

squeak in windshield post
Page 1 of 1