MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shrockworks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 1:38 am

Good news Very Happy / Bad news Evil or Very Mad .... the Shrock rear bumper / tire carrier that I ordered in Feb is finally ready!!! I ordered and paid through Screaming Lizards Customs who had placed an order for several in October - they were supposed to be delivered in late February. I made the deal to where I could pick up the bumper directly from Shrock and save everyone shipping costs..... Cool

Not going to post the whole history, most are aware of the PITA that it has been... :agreed:

I was told that it was going to powder two weeks ago and that it should be ready to pick up on or about 7/14.... Kevin said "I will give you a call" :blahblah: ... cool!! Finally.... ready to get that thing on the Jeep already! :drool2:

I have been pre-occupied this week with my back and such and didn't realize that the time had passed when they were supposed to call me... I had a Doctors appt on Friday and could swing by Shrock to pick it up.

Email from me to Kevin:
"Status"

from Kevin:
"On it's way, actually it should be there by now"

From me:
"On it's way where? I was supposed to pick it up!" :duh:

From Kevin:
"I will check with the shipping manager and see what is up" <--- this is just stupid, Justin the "Shipping Manager" is the only dude that preps and ships and he is just outside the door from Kevin's office. :loco2:

I called Screaming Lizards and confirmed that my bumper had been shipped to Dallas.... :banghead:

Just another page in a long saga that is Shrockworks. If I had not already purchased the rack and jerry mounts I would have told them to stick it in there ass..... Hopefully they will figure it out and get the thing to me. I am not paying a cent for shipping - they can stick that in their ass - they make some kick ass stuff but damn!

Rant off....
:explosive:
Back to top Go down
littleredrubicon
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
littleredrubicon

Number of posts : 95
Rig : 04 Rubicon
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 2:38 am

I looked at their stuff and really liked the looks of it. Decided to go elsewhere when they told be 16 weeks for the order. MVC told me 2 weeks, free shipping and cheaper for a bumber made custom to my specs.
Back to top Go down
http://littleredrubicon.com
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 7:43 am

yeah, Shrocks is not the easiest place to get stuff from. But damn there stuff is built good.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
littleredrubicon
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
littleredrubicon

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 12:02 pm

It looked like it was. I didn't want to wait till halloween! Plus I saved about $400 between the cost and shipping and had it built to my specs.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 12:04 pm

littleredrubicon wrote:
It looked like it was. I didn't want to wait till halloween! Plus I saved about $400 between the cost and shipping and had it built to my specs.

Did you add outriggers?....... N2 needs a set also... lol!
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 2:24 pm

wow, shrock is starting to make my experience with bulldog fab look like a cake walk..

it's incompetence like this that causes people (like me) to buy from other vendors. i bought smittybilt because i could get it now vs waiting for a year to get my shit.

i saw the shrock bumper, the bumper made me really want a new bumper. found out how long it took to get one. i bought a different one that i could get faster. shrock did make a sale, just to another company...
Back to top Go down
littleredrubicon
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
littleredrubicon

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 11:20 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
littleredrubicon wrote:

Did you add outriggers?....... N2 needs a set also... lol!

No but it does offer some protection for rollover. Smile I will be something like this.

Shrockworks Mvc030002
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 11:33 am

PURE AWESOMENESS!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 8:16 pm

welll.... the eagle has landed!!!

Kudos to Shrock for making it right, not only did they fix the shipping error they rushed it.... basically overnight.

If I hadn't hurt my damn back the thing would already be installed. A buddy is coming over Tuesday or Wed to help get it on the Jeep. Best packaging I have seen.... opened it for a sneak peak and it looks tough. The Mrs. caught me and chewed me out for lifting stuff.....

I will get some pix of the install
Shrockworks P7202042
Shrockworks P7202043
Shrockworks P7202044
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 11:46 pm

You know what would look good with that bumper? A set of Trail ready beadlocks. [/shameless plug]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shrockworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks   Shrockworks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shrockworks
Page 1 of 1