MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Started digging into my hemi last night

Go down 
+2
..::Ryan::..
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Started digging into my hemi last night Empty
PostSubject: Started digging into my hemi last night   Started digging into my hemi last night Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 9:16 am

Well, I started digging into my hemi swap last night. I didn't call anyone b/c most of the stuff I was doing was pretty easy and I wasn't able to work straight through the day. Having a 2 yr old and a 3mo old will do that!

I've got the body just about ready to come off the chassis. I just need to disconnect the transmission linkage and remove the a/c lines.

Potlickinpirate stopped by and lent me his engine hoist. Thanks bud! We chatted about the best way to pull the body off the chassis and we came up with a few ideas. I'll post some more later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Started digging into my hemi last night   Started digging into my hemi last night Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 11:07 am

Sweet! Keep us updated...Lots and lots of pics Smile
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing

PostSubject: Re: Started digging into my hemi last night   Started digging into my hemi last night Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 11:44 pm

This dude has a sweet shop!
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

PostSubject: Re: Started digging into my hemi last night   Started digging into my hemi last night Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 11:51 pm

Thanks Pirate!

Here's a couple pics. I didn't do much tonight. Just need to pull off the t-case and tranny linkage and I'm all set to pull the body off.

Started digging into my hemi last night 006-6

Started digging into my hemi last night 009-6
Back to top Go down
bob_prtda
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
bob_prtda

Number of posts : 78
Rig : 81 CJ5
specs. : Stock, but working my way up
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Started digging into my hemi last night   Started digging into my hemi last night Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009, 12:45 am

Thats going to be sweet when its all done
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Started digging into my hemi last night   Started digging into my hemi last night Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009, 12:17 pm

call em when you are ready for a hand. i am eager to help
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Started digging into my hemi last night   Started digging into my hemi last night Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009, 6:29 pm

sweeeeeeett shop !!!!! New Install Party Headquarters Started digging into my hemi last night 381367

keep us posted. I'd offer a hand, but i couldn't commit to set times. the wife does a lot of school functions on the weekends and that leaves me with our 8 month old and he's a handful !!
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

PostSubject: Re: Started digging into my hemi last night   Started digging into my hemi last night Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 12:43 am

I got my shipment of parts from AEV today, finished all the disassembly for the removal of the body and made a run to Northern tool to get some i beam clamps and a new chain hoist.

ALL SET TO REMOVE THE BODY! WOOHOO!

The exhaust box...and yes, that's a snowmobile in the picture. The wiring box is over by the window.
Started digging into my hemi last night 009-7

The rest of the boxes. 7 in total. The battery box is sweet. All metal. The airbox is pretty nice too. All metal construction on that too.
Started digging into my hemi last night 010-6

Here she sits, all ready for separation.
Started digging into my hemi last night 011-4

I will say that the trickiest part so far is figuring out exactly what to disconnect/remove. The gas tank was problematic. I thought I knew what to do. I undid the hose claim for the filler neck but that pesky vent line didn't have a hose claim. I looked and looked and looked then I climbed out from under the Jeep to see if I needed to access it through the cap/trim ring area. Nope. Back under the Jeep. Scratch head. Call my buddy who just did a swap and ask him. Ooooohhh, there's a hidden release on the vent line. That explains it. 10 seconds and I have it disconnected. lol.

I'm confident that I could do the body removal prep in less than 2 hours if I wanted. I really just putzed around my shop and took my time. I wasn't in a big hurry anyway.

You guys are welcome to come over and do an install party over here. Maybe we'll have a Jeep get together in the fall. BBQ, drink some brew ha ha's and install some parts. I'm sure I'll be ready to do something else after I finish this project.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

PostSubject: Re: Started digging into my hemi last night   Started digging into my hemi last night Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 12:52 am

BTW, in case anyone is curious, the snowmobile is another project I have going on right now. It's an 08 Polaris Dragon 163" track mountain sled. Sledding and Jeeps are my two main past times now. One of the ways I use my JK is to access remote areas in CO, NM, WY, UT.

I have the front end torn down on the sled to update the front end to 09 specs so the sled looks funny right now. No bracing/bumpers or plastic yet. It's still on order.

Gratuitous snowmobiling pictures for your enjoyment.
Started digging into my hemi last night CO4mrideTimindeeppowder

Started digging into my hemi last night CO4mrideTimtakingintheview

Deep powder
Started digging into my hemi last night CO4mride017
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Started digging into my hemi last night   Started digging into my hemi last night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Started digging into my hemi last night
Page 1 of 1