MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Long's trail damage

Go down 
+15
Dern
jkdrone
goldenboy
N2rock
Ben
..::Ryan::..
Swamprat
Rockintjak
akonius
jkx0778
TxRubiRig
Deacon
terrahawk
jdub
Dutchboy101
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Long's trail damage Empty
PostSubject: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 9:16 am

Let's see how much damage we have all gotten at Long's.

I am in need of a some body work Long's trail damage Kopfschuettel and need a rear drive shaft for a JK D44. Long's trail damage Icon_mad
If anybody has a spare DS or has upgraded their stock driveshafts, please let me know and throw a brother a bone Long's trail damage 810329
Back to top Go down
jdub
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
jdub

Number of posts : 137
Rig : 1995 YJ
specs. : Rear 9in Front dana 44 38 super swampers 5:13 front and rear, custom cage,beadlocks,winch,7inch stretch in the rear and 5 in the front,etc.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 9:20 am

Busted my ladder bar twice. when i got home and unloaded the jeep the drive serpetine belt broke.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 10:25 am

I have a broken shock and a rear brake line that needs to be replaced.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 11:12 am

Thankfully all my damage was cosmetic. Aside from the usual rock rash on various skids, I broke a driving light, put a slight dent up along the rear of the fender and hood from when I decided to copy jdub and climb a tree (note to self: see what a dude's rig looks like before you do stuff he just did Wink), I lost my CB antenna on the trail somewhere, and I caved in part of the rocker panel even worse than I realized. All body damage was on the driver's side. Rocker guards and sliders are called for anyway. I've just been waiting for my rear corners to come in so I can figure out how to fit them in.

I'll get pics in eventually. I didn't bring my camera with me to work today to get them done.
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 11:16 am

windshield frame (passenger side from lawnmower)

minor:
tire lost bead (lawnmower?)
steering wheel off
check engine light on (hopes its minor, but it now matches all the other lights on in the dash...lol)
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 4:10 pm

ummmm.... rear driver side axle busted along with scarring the carrier enough to need to be replaced. but, i got a nice squeal coming from my rear axle Long's trail damage Icon_sad

anyone need a spare kidney????

btw: huge thanks to :
- George
- Phil
- Joe
- Jon
- Danny
- any everyone else that lent a hand, tools, drain pain, RTV, etc

Thank you all for helping me get home. Without all of you, I would have been sitting there sunday waiting for a flat bed tow truck. I'm sorry to have cut out without buying you all a bud light. I was already 4 hours late getting home.

(on a side note, my wife suprisingly was not upset. she found a babysitter and after that was just concerned i'd make it back to san antonio).
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 4:50 pm

Also minor stuff for me...Steering stabilizer looks to be leaking and I punched in my front bumper some - all easy fixes
Long's trail damage Phew
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
Rockintjak
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Rockintjak

Number of posts : 119
Rig : '06 Rubicon
specs. : A few thing done to it.
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 9:24 pm

Here's my list of damage:

Passenger side of winshield frame dented
Drivers side gouged and slightly dented,
Soft top ripped in one spot and shredded in another
And a lot of beauty marks

All my armor held up great, it was just the two spots that I didn't have it that got me (windshield frame and right in front of the doors). I tried blaming my wife for my soft top since she told me to leave it on, but that didn't work out so good. But I was able to drive home so I was happy. Looks like I'll be ordering some Gen-Right armor.

Long's trail damage Photo0037
Long's trail damage Photo0036
Long's trail damage Photo0035
Long's trail damage DSC06020
And the beauty marks:
Long's trail damage DSC06021
Long's trail damage DSC06022
Long's trail damage DSC06023
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 9:57 pm

Instead of rebuilding my broken shock, I think I'm going to get Rock Rash to make me something.
Back to top Go down
Swamprat
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Swamprat

Number of posts : 496
Rig : '03 TJ Rubicon, '56 willys truck, '47 CJ-2A , '53 CJ-3B/blazer
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 10:14 pm

when i saw that pic of rockintjak"s bent windshield frame I thought it was a pic of my jeep.. our jeeps are the same color and i bent mine in the SAME EXACT SPOT..LOL.. only thing different is my KC light tried to jump through my windshield from that nice wall in the lawnmower Long's trail damage Icon_sad

Long's trail damage 1018091538
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 12:18 am

Haha nice bandaid lol
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

Number of posts : 601
Rig : yellow, six speed, vinyl, no carpet or rear seat
specs. : rubi takeoffs 2.5" RC spring lift
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 11:34 am

N2, do you think this makes me want to play in the rocks?!? I do like the band aid though, that is a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.org
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 11:49 am

Ben wrote:
N2, do you think this makes me want to play in the rocks?!? I do like the band aid though, that is a nice touch.

aw... You're just seeing the carnage here. Me, Geo, Akonius, and quite a few others had no damage. Admittedly there were a few times that I backed down from an obstacle because the voice in my head told me that I was headed for damage LOL
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 2:10 pm

wow i feel lucky i only knocked off the evap canister.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 3:29 pm

Plus, it's just a windshield frame. TJ's (well, JK's, too) are just various pieces put together. Take it off altogether before you go wheeling or grab one from a junk yard and put it on instead or whatever, if you're concerned about it Smile Right?

I think in addition to corners and rocker guards, I'll probably start thinking about a cage so I can take the windshield off and have better protection both. Might be time to drop it off in Houston for a few weeks...
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 3:40 pm

Deacon wrote:

Might be time to drop it off in Houston for a few weeks...

You mean: drop it off in Fieldstore Community Wink
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
jkdrone
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 5:03 pm

N2rock wrote:

aw... You're just seeing the carnage here. Me, Geo, Akonius, and quite a few others had no damage. Admittedly there were a few times that I backed down from an obstacle because the voice in my head told me that I was headed for damage LOL

I only backed down from one due to obvious damage, and there wasn't a single rock on that obstacle (lawnmower) - just dirt and trees.

In fact, dirt/mud and trees have done the majority of damage to my jeep!

!c
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 5:57 pm

jkdrone wrote:
N2rock wrote:

I only backed down from one due to obvious damage, and there wasn't a single rock on that obstacle (lawnmower) - just dirt and trees.

In fact, dirt/mud and trees have done the majority of damage to my jeep!

!c

Dood - the way u were goin on sat, I was sure u were gonna do lawnmower! It does look pretty shartin sick!
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 12:10 am

N2rock wrote:
You mean: drop it off in Fieldstore Community Long's trail damage Icon_wink
Yeah, I just didn't remember what it was called Smile
Back to top Go down
Dern
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Dern

Number of posts : 404
Rig : 07 Rubicon Unlimited
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 12:31 am

Rock pulled back my diff cover a bit. Gave me an excuse to place an order at TrailDuty.
Thanks Phil for showing us around.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 5:36 pm

just got the call from the mechanic, looks like i trashed BOTH axle shafts. The drivers side snapped, the passengers side has twisted splines.

so updated list,

- driverside rear axle shaft
- passenger side rear axle shaft
- D44 carrier

the guy at the shop was pretty impressed i was able to do all that damage.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 5:45 pm

crap!!! so what now?? I spoke to Johnny and he has the ring and pinion for you front if we need to downsize you to 4.10. What the mechanic say about the ring and pinion?
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 5:51 pm

rear ring & pinion is usable but needs to be replaced down the line. he said as long as i don't get on it I should be ok for a while. Gonna have him write me a recommeded service / repair list. I should not have to pay for gears that were not installed right and as a result were ruined Long's trail damage Icon_evil. the mechanic is gonna check the front gears to see how they are.

My gears are good enough to get me around for a while. that is what i'm gonna do for now and try to get the gears replaced under warranty from the shop who did the install
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 10:35 pm

Jeremy,

Marshall has a top he will give you if you want it, its black and in good shape.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 11:21 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
just got the call from the mechanic, looks like i trashed BOTH axle shafts. The drivers side snapped, the passengers side has twisted splines.

so updated list,

- driverside rear axle shaft
- passenger side rear axle shaft
- D44 carrier

the guy at the shop was pretty impressed i was able to do all that damage.
Long's trail damage Misc-OhSnap

Congrats on the epic breakage?

Mix a little K rail in and you may be able to get a D60 out of it.... just sayin'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long's trail damage   Long's trail damage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long's trail damage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next