MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JK Cam Bolts - My mistake!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FeroxJB
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
FeroxJB

Number of posts : 28
Rig : 2009 Jeep JK
specs. : RC Lift; Currie Control Arms; JKS Adj front Trackbar; Pro Comp 6001 Wheels - 35x13.5 MT MTZ Tires - Added aftermarket power windows/locks
Registration date : 2009-12-31

JK Cam Bolts - My mistake! Empty
PostSubject: JK Cam Bolts - My mistake!   JK Cam Bolts - My mistake! Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 2:57 am

So.. here's my story. Whenever I initially bought my Rough Country lift, it came with Cam bolts to adjust the caster on my JK. Whenever I did the install, I had to knock the little slots on the mounts, so that I could install the bolts. Later on, I realized that these were pretty much garbage. I ended up getting a set of new Currie lower control arms to adjust my caster out to about 6 degrees and it fixed my flighty steering problem. JK Cam Bolts - My mistake! Icon_cheers

However, I need to have those slots rewelded with washers I'm assuming, so that the bolts will properly stay. Yes.. I know I shouldn't be running around with those slots being welded up and fixed, but I was impatient! JK Cam Bolts - My mistake! Icon_bounce

I have a little wire feed welder in my garage, but I don't think it has the capacity for this job. (I'm not a great welder, I just use it to tinker with) Since I live in the SA area.. can anyone recommend a shop I can take my JK to, to have the welded back up? I'm sure it will take all of 20 mins to fix. Just not sure who around here would be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: JK Cam Bolts - My mistake!   JK Cam Bolts - My mistake! Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 10:14 am

PM Dern, he is a welder and is frequently on the board.
He'll also be wheeling at Hidden Falls on the 23rd.
Back to top Go down
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: JK Cam Bolts - My mistake!   JK Cam Bolts - My mistake! Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 10:37 am

Take a look at what another Jeeper did to his track bar mount. This should work for the LCA mounts.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19894
Back to top Go down
Dern
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Dern

Number of posts : 404
Rig : 07 Rubicon Unlimited
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: JK Cam Bolts - My mistake!   JK Cam Bolts - My mistake! Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 10:59 pm

If you need some welding give me a call. 830-708-7092
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: JK Cam Bolts - My mistake!   JK Cam Bolts - My mistake! Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 12:43 am

ruff stuff makes sweet weld washers, much better than just using a washer
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JK Cam Bolts - My mistake!   JK Cam Bolts - My mistake! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JK Cam Bolts - My mistake!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Modified Tech-
Jump to: