MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi Steer option for the JK?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Hi Steer option for the JK? Empty
PostSubject: Hi Steer option for the JK?   Hi Steer option for the JK? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 10:35 am

After talking w/G yesterday and looking and learning a little bit more about the Jeep (and my lift), I was just wondering (and yes been searching/googling to no prevail) if such a product exist yet (and for reasonable about of $$$).
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Hi Steer option for the JK?   Hi Steer option for the JK? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 11:29 am

the rubicon express has a set up to make the jk high steer when you use their kit. you even have to by a reaming tool to move the balljoint from the bottom to the top of the stearing link part of the knuckle.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Hi Steer option for the JK?   Hi Steer option for the JK? Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 5:48 pm

Joe, call these guys.

www.polyperformance.com
Back to top Go down
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi Steer option for the JK?   Hi Steer option for the JK? Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 10:57 pm

terrahawk wrote:
Joe, call these guys.

www.polyperformance.com
I've got it and really like it. I will eventually move my tie rod on top of the knuckles also. I just need to get up underneath my rig and get a close look at everything to make sure it will work. I've has seen way to many bent tie rods already.

Hi Steer option for the JK? PPM-8001-D2-400
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi Steer option for the JK?   Hi Steer option for the JK? Icon_minitimeWed 23 Apr 2008, 9:34 pm

ty both
Back to top Go down
TMBJK
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
TMBJK

Number of posts : 153
Rig : 2007 JK Rubicon, 2DR
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Hi Steer option for the JK?   Hi Steer option for the JK? Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 1:29 pm

The only thing that the PP does and the RE system does is re-locate the drag link on top of the knuckle. To get good use of a high steer kit you will need new knuckles to move both the tie rod and drag link up. As it sits now you can't unless you want to do away with your steering stabilizer as it mounts to the tie rod. I supposed you could always re-weld the bracket for your steering stabilizer to accommodate for the move.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tmboffroad.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi Steer option for the JK?   Hi Steer option for the JK? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi Steer option for the JK?
Page 1 of 1