MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms Empty
PostSubject: Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms   Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 11:42 am

I will eventually getting a 2.5" lift. All along I was just planning on the Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift - simple and economical. Over on JKF, there is a special going on the new Rock Krawler kits. This is the lift I'm looking at (2.5" Max Travel):http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1. It doesn't come with shocks so I would have to get those as well, but it is about $400 more than the TF kit (without shocks for comparison purposes) and adds the LCAs, Front Trackbar, Front Discos, brakelines, etc.

My question is, how essential are the LCAs for only a 2.5" lift? The kit also comes with an Adjustable Front Trackbar which I probably need to get anyways in addition to the TF kit, right? Also, I guess I could run the lift with shock extensions until I splurge for the longer shocks, right?

One last thing, any opinions on Rock Krawler lifts?

Thanks,
Art R.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms   Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 12:49 pm

Holy crap! $1500 for a 2.5" lift? (are they lubing you up before bending you over???)

For 2.5" lift, you do not need adjustable control arms. You also don't need adj trackbars- but nice to have.

Rough Country 2.5" lift = $329 (with shocks)
Add JKS disconnects (if you don't have a Rubi) = $150
Add JKS adjustable trackbars = $320

That is just one example. There are many ways to get 2.5" of lift without spending $1500.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms   Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:30 pm

$1500? The kit I was looking at is about $850 w/o shocks which is still a chunk for 2.5" but it comes with a lot of other goodies. Just wasn't sure if they are really needed.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms   Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:13 pm

Ah! OK- I was looking at the price on their website + shocks (price on website is $1100).

$850 for a kit that includes adj LCA's and adj Front TB is a good deal then. Adj LCA's are not needed for 2.5". But you'll have them already if you ever decide to go taller.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms   Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:34 pm

i have a rockkrawler 5.5 mid arm and its beefier than hell. no breakage as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms   Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Adjustable Lower Control Arms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Modified Tech-
Jump to: