MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

almost lost it today on the freeway

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

almost lost it today on the freeway Empty
PostSubject: almost lost it today on the freeway   almost lost it today on the freeway Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 1:58 pm

I've had the top and doors off since sunday and today i had to go to an out of office meeting which ment i had to drive on the freeway which i hadn't done alot of with the doors off. so what do i see out out of the corner of my eye? a towel i had stuffed under the back seat blow out the rear passenger door, quickly grad it and stuff it between the front seats. little bit later i see both my rear floor mats about to do the same! both instances were very close, just glad they didn't fly out and on to someones windshield.
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: almost lost it today on the freeway   almost lost it today on the freeway Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 8:22 am

I love driving the jeep naked like that down the highway!
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: almost lost it today on the freeway   almost lost it today on the freeway Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 6:23 pm

You learn real quick what is flight worthy and what will remain grounded. It forces you to keep the jeep clean. I had a ziplock bag of stock lugnuts sitting on my back floormats to prevent them from flying away. I eventually got some of those thick rubber floormats and I don't worry about those flying out anymore.

Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: almost lost it today on the freeway   almost lost it today on the freeway Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 10:09 pm

floormats and everything else stays in the garage. I keep gloves tucked in next to the seats on both sides, weighted down with flashlights, Off, and that thing they give you to try to undo your lug nuts. everything else must be in console or glove. even a take out drink is fair game to the wind!
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: almost lost it today on the freeway   almost lost it today on the freeway Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 10:51 pm

and to top it all off that same day i get a few smalle bird turds on the seats! tops going on tomorrow intill it cools down more.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: almost lost it today on the freeway   almost lost it today on the freeway Icon_minitimeSat 23 Oct 2010, 9:56 pm

Marshall has a brick holding his mats down LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: almost lost it today on the freeway   almost lost it today on the freeway Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:32 am

i might have to remember that one. for the cargo mat i was able to strap a bungee cord from the loop on the back of the seat to the sub bracket. don't know why there isn't any hooks in the cargo area? would be great to have them for a net or just to be able to strap things down, i always hate getting home from the grocery store and having to pick up all the veggies that spilled out of the bags.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: almost lost it today on the freeway   almost lost it today on the freeway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

almost lost it today on the freeway
Page 1 of 1