MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
William Juarez
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
William Juarez

Number of posts : 17
Rig : 2002 TJ - 2009 jk unlimited
Registration date : 2010-10-26

ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION Empty
PostSubject: ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION   ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 4:47 pm

Does any one have any input on this suspension systems?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/guillermojj
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION   ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 10:15 am

I can't tell you much about the TJ systems. Here's what I know about the RC 4" Complete System for the JK.

The bad: The front track bar drop bracket doesn't withstand wheeling. You need to get rid of it and use Poly Performance stuff. The springs are okay. I had a serious lean to the passenger side (more than the usual JK lean) so RC replaced them with few questions asked.

The good: The fixed length control arms are fine for me. I don't plan to go any higher and my axles are dialed in pretty well. The suspension can be a bit stiff at first but with the hemi, armor and a winch, it feels pretty good. I can't complain about the flex with my Jeep. I think it does pretty well.

Overall, I would say it's an okay lift kit. If you plan to wheel seriously, you'll need to upgrade some aspects of it (at least on the JK). Maybe someone with a TJ RC lift can chime in and give you some direct feedback.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION   ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 10:23 pm

I've heard they ride rough on TJ's.
Back to top Go down
TOYZ_2
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
TOYZ_2

Number of posts : 190
Rig : 98 TJ 4 Banger
specs. : 3 1/4 RC lift, bestop supertop, round tires , dual sun visiors
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION   ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 1:45 pm

I have the RC 3 1/4 lift on 3 jeep TJ s here at the house. I have had no issues with it and was fairlyh easy to install. Both my boys do more wheeling than i do and they dont seem to have any issues with the lift.
Back to top Go down
Swamprat
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Swamprat

Number of posts : 496
Rig : '03 TJ Rubicon, '56 willys truck, '47 CJ-2A , '53 CJ-3B/blazer
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION   ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 11:11 pm

i have a short arm RC 4" on mine..it just rides like a coved wagon.. but im happy with it and for the price ya cant go wrong... i did rip my upper control arms off the front axle.. but i built new ones and i been crawlin like a tick on a dog ever since.. belly
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION   ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 10:19 pm

oh no wrun for yo rife its gojira!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION   ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSION
Page 1 of 1