MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

speakers speakers...HELP!

Go down 
+7
Chris
lonestar rubi
Mr.RonGilbert
Dutchboy101
jkx0778
TxRubiRig
ccedwin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ccedwin
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
ccedwin

Number of posts : 43
Rig : 2011 Wrangler Unlimited
Registration date : 2010-10-28

speakers speakers...HELP! Empty
PostSubject: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 3:25 pm

Christmas is right around the corner, and I'm dying for some killer crisp clean sound in my 2011 JKU. does anyone know anything? I've done searches on the forum but I couldnt find anything on 2011, although the 2010 is basically the same thing I would rather be safe than spend the money and well... you know what I mean. any help would be great.

Thanks,
Daniel
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_171096429572502&ap
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:07 pm

ccedwin wrote:
...I'm dying for some killer crisp clean sound in my 2011 JKU...

IF that is the case,

1st things know that you must gut the factory audio

with that being said, what is the budget and what type of music do ya listen to

the factory Infinity isn't that bad but not "killer crisp clean"
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 5:47 pm

? are you looking for new speakers or a whole system? try here: http://www.quadratec.com/jk_wrangler_showcase/jeep_audio_electronics/

They should have what you're looking for
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 7:59 pm

I have the Alpine 600s in my sound bar and that made a big difference in my sound system.
Still have the stock infinity speakers up front and sub in the back.
I paid $130, with the wire harness for the speakers.

Wish I had put them in the front but not going to bother with the dash.

Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 8:16 pm

I put Kenwood component speakers all the way around with a new radio and it sounds good but needs an amp and some bass..... just don't know where to stuff the amp and place the box without exposing it to the elements.....
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 9:05 pm

I would start with a better amp and speakers before you replace the factory unit. All the head unit does is receive and transmit the music but if you do not amplify the sound cleanly and have a clean speaker to emit the sound from your whole system will sound crapy.

When I was alot younger I was into the sound systems and everybody would spend hundreds of dollar on their head units and skimp on the better quality amps and speakers because they wanted the biggest they could get for their dollar, i.e. $200.00 on a cheap 500 watt amp and $200.00 on 500 watt 15" subs, mind you they already blew a $1000.00 on a top of the line Alpine because it had all the pretty lights. I spent $500.00 on the better 200 watt amp and $500.00 on the better 200 watt 12" subs and had the $200 left to by the cheap kenwood and sounded 1000x better than theirs
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 9:33 pm

Ya he once blew away a guy that had two 18" fosgate subs and all he had was a set of 12" subs. It was funny. rock hah
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 11:05 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
I put Kenwood component speakers all the way around with a new radio and it sounds good but needs an amp and some bass..... just don't know where to stuff the amp and place the box without exposing it to the elements.....

I want to swap out all 4 of my factory speakers. I would love an amp and sub but don't feel like getting my stuff stolen again or ruined from the elements. I had a nice system in my old truck and it was stolen so I am a little on edge now. I need 4 speakers that will make my music sound better than this stock crap.
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 12:33 pm

Chris wrote:
Ya he once blew away a guy that had two 18" fosgate subs and all he had was a set of 12" subs. It was funny. rock hah

aw takes be back about 20 yrs ago...lol

had 4 15" subs in isobaric box i designed and built and put in the hatch of a Celica, along with 6" components in front and back...needless to say this punk kid was heard way before arriving anywhere and it did provide a pretty descent massage while sitting...and now...I curse at those booms from others at the intersections...lmao

reminds me, I got a SONY D-class sub amp I could sell too (if ya seen my recent posts...lol)...never been used, model # unknown at this time but its int he shape of the pentagon
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 12:41 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

could be wrong by i remember reading in either JKO or that other forum about a wee bit better amp being installed in the factory location (under steering wheel)...maybe something to check into

Bizarro wrote:
I want to swap out all 4 of my factory speakers. I would love an amp and sub but don't feel like getting my stuff stolen again or ruined from the elements. I had a nice system in my old truck and it was stolen so I am a little on edge now. I need 4 speakers that will make my music sound better than this stock crap.

If I was redo mine, I would go with marine componets of some type
Back to top Go down
ccedwin
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
ccedwin

Number of posts : 43
Rig : 2011 Wrangler Unlimited
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:21 pm

Hey sorry for the late reply.. I've been on quadratec and I'm still not sure on what sounds the best.. I've heard kicker sounds good and alpine too. The price range is about 300 maybe a little more. Thats front, and rear speakers. Decisions, Decisions confused
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_171096429572502&ap
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 11:45 am

Back to top Go down
RiverCityOffroad
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 133
Rig : 08 JK + 08 JK Unlimited
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 3:12 pm

Kicker makes a direct replacement speaker for the JKs that have good reviews.

I added a sub and kenwood amp like above to my JKU and it sounds awesome with the stock head unit and speakers. If you search MarcusRTJ on here my write up of the install is lingering somewhere.

Sorry I dont' have time to search right now, thought I'd try to help!

Marcus
Back to top Go down
http://rivercityoffroad.com
mvnolan
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
mvnolan

Number of posts : 53
Rig : 07 2dr X
specs. : 35" Mud Country's, 5.13's, 3 inch lift. RR XHD stubby and a warn 9.5ti.
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 11:33 am

I have Infinity reference series all the way around, they come with a bracket to fit the JK, and the new faceplates match the interior nicely. Stuff the rollbar with foam, making sure to get foam crammed in the middle by the light. Pack enough foam in to make you have to kind of stuff the speaker in. This eliminates the rattle you would otherwise get from the top of the speaker bar. Replace your head unit, as it either does it's own reduction on power to the sound bar, (non infinity system) or sends the signal to the amp underneath the steering wheel, which in turn reduces the power to the sound bar. If you have the infinity, you can bypass the amp, but it takes a little time. You will need a cable toner and some basic hand tools. I put in a double din pioneer unit, it looks great and sounds fantastic. At first I mounted an amp and put a JL 12" in the back, but quickly got tired of it sliding around, and it soon dry rotted. I went with an 8" Bazooka and mounted it to the rear gate with some super duty zip ties we have at work. It came out very nice, and when I raptor lined my interior, I extended all the wiring harnesses including the amp to run inside the roll cage covers. The Bazooka is already bedlined and has been rained on numerous times, but doesn't seem to be affected at all. I have the Bazooka turned to about 1/3 gain, and it still sounds fantastic. I actually got pulled over by the local busted for noise pollution, he wasn't a fan of George Strait I guess. Let me know if you have any questions or want a couple of pics. All together I have about $650 in the whole thing, minus my tedious labor and not including band aids from skinned knuckles. rock
Back to top Go down
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 7:36 pm

mvnolan wrote:
I have Infinity reference series all the way around, they come with a bracket to fit the JK, and the new faceplates match the interior nicely. Stuff the rollbar with foam, making sure to get foam crammed in the middle by the light. Pack enough foam in to make you have to kind of stuff the speaker in. This eliminates the rattle you would otherwise get from the top of the speaker bar. Replace your head unit, as it either does it's own reduction on power to the sound bar, (non infinity system) or sends the signal to the amp underneath the steering wheel, which in turn reduces the power to the sound bar. If you have the infinity, you can bypass the amp, but it takes a little time. You will need a cable toner and some basic hand tools. I put in a double din pioneer unit, it looks great and sounds fantastic. At first I mounted an amp and put a JL 12" in the back, but quickly got tired of it sliding around, and it soon dry rotted. I went with an 8" Bazooka and mounted it to the rear gate with some super duty zip ties we have at work. It came out very nice, and when I raptor lined my interior, I extended all the wiring harnesses including the amp to run inside the roll cage covers. The Bazooka is already bedlined and has been rained on numerous times, but doesn't seem to be affected at all. I have the Bazooka turned to about 1/3 gain, and it still sounds fantastic. I actually got pulled over by the local busted for noise pollution, he wasn't a fan of George Strait I guess. Let me know if you have any questions or want a couple of pics. All together I have about $650 in the whole thing, minus my tedious labor and not including band aids from skinned knuckles. rock

** I wouldn't mind some pic's, as I want to someday do an upgrade to the factory sound system.... well, replace it all actually. I like a little thump... (rock/metal..., but no rap, country, classical ).
Back to top Go down
mvnolan
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
mvnolan

Number of posts : 53
Rig : 07 2dr X
specs. : 35" Mud Country's, 5.13's, 3 inch lift. RR XHD stubby and a warn 9.5ti.
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 8:18 pm

I'll get some tomorrow if its not too cold out.
Back to top Go down
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 10:57 am

mvnolan wrote:
I'll get some tomorrow if its not too cold out.
Too cold? And you are where? Southern Tx? Nw of Huston I see.... Meaning you have to put on a jacket? affraid

Sorry, couldn't help myself. It's just that I'm working on my Jeep in a building that I see my breath - just like you were outside. Just sheltered from the elements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: speakers speakers...HELP!   speakers speakers...HELP! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

speakers speakers...HELP!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Electronics & Wiring-
Jump to: