MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

introduction

Go down 
+4
jflys yj
Dutchboy101
redneckhouston
jeeperjennie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

introduction Empty
PostSubject: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 3:35 pm

I think we should require each member to introduce themselves in the intro area. If they fail to do it after 5 days or so they should be removed from the site.

The only reason I say this is because I think we have a few Trolls in here or some made up user names!

I know we want our member count up but if we have 500 members and only 20 active members it really defeats the point.

if not the intro section maybe we should have a place like a few of the other forums have where they state the rules and you have to respond that you read them and understand them. Anyone who does not post there gets deleted after a certin # of days!

It is too easy for someone to post a random link in a thread and as soon as you click on it you have been infected with some nasty virus that you can't get rid of.

Just a suggestion to try to weed out the spam that I know we will soon be getting, the more active this site becomes the more rif raf we will see in here
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 3:38 pm

jeeperjennie wrote:
I think we should require each member to introduce themselves in the intro area. If they fail to do it after 5 days or so they should be removed from the site.

i think that is a grand idea............make all the registered users participate

we have way to many users with a 0 post count

as a matter of fact 28 out of 72 users have zero posts!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 4:04 pm

I am good with that.
I think people should participate into this website.
However, I wouldn't delete them too quickly.
It took me a long time to start participating in the other forum. I was mainly collecting information as to what i wanted to do to mod my JK.

Now that i have started my mods I feel more comfortable asking the questions on the forums as I am ready to drop the $$$ in my moneypit
Back to top Go down
jflys yj
Got No Life
Got No Life
jflys yj

Number of posts : 886
Rig : 93 YJ
Registration date : 2008-04-27

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 4:30 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
I am good with that.
I think people should participate into this website.
However, I wouldn't delete them too quickly.
It took me a long time to start participating in the other forum. I was mainly collecting information as to what i wanted to do to mod my JK.

Now that i have started my mods I feel more comfortable asking the questions on the forums as I am ready to drop the $$$ in my moneypit
yah agree with both arguments of jennie and dutch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jfly22
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 4:45 pm

I can understand if people aren't ready to start posting but......if they are not willing to say hi "I just bout a jeep"...."hi looking to buy a jeep"......."hi I don't have a jeep just looking for friends" something then how do we know they are here for the right reasons? or for that matter a reason at all.

Ok some of you are prob. wondering why I started this! There is a thread about spring creek and a newbie posted some political crap in it. Thats all they have posted. It had nothing to do with spring creek, pics, wheelin. jeeps, hell it had nothing to do with anything that has ever been said on the forum.

how did we know that if we clicked on that link it wasn't going to crash our computers?

it's just another step members should have to go through. It might cut down on some of the spam.

Just a thought

look at the profiles on those who don't post! Most of them have left their signature and profile empty.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 10:34 pm

We start deleting each other and we`re no better than that other forum. I started this forum so anyone and everyone could post whatever they wanted. If you`re not sure about a thread like the one posted yesterday, then just don`t click on it. Put that certain member on your ignore list and move on. If I start deleting posts that I "think" are harmful, where do I stop? I want everyone here to feel at home and comfortable. If you have an issue just PM me, and I`ll see what`s up. I clicked on the said link, and nothing happened. I hope I don`t offend any of you, I just want this to be a community where everyone has a voice. Even if we all don`t agree on the content. As long as it isn`t breaking the rulles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 10:54 pm

ok just a suggestion
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008, 8:09 pm

CRUX wrote:
We start deleting each other and we`re no better than that other forum. I started this forum so anyone and everyone could post whatever they wanted. If you`re not sure about a thread like the one posted yesterday, then just don`t click on it. Put that certain member on your ignore list and move on. If I start deleting posts that I "think" are harmful, where do I stop? I want everyone here to feel at home and comfortable. If you have an issue just PM me, and I`ll see what`s up. I clicked on the said link, and nothing happened. I hope I don`t offend any of you, I just want this to be a community where everyone has a voice. Even if we all don`t agree on the content. As long as it isn`t breaking the rulles.

Great basis for a forum. We have freedom of speech here and can talk about anything (within reason and without being malicious, hopefully) Dont get banned or threads closed because we talk about a "forbidden" subject. There are some profiles that seem to just take up space. Maybe after a few months without even a visit they should be deleted, otherwise I agree with Crux.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 8:55 pm

One of the forums I used to be on (nothing to do with Jeeps) sent me an email stating that they were conducting a spring cleaning. And in order to remain on the site as a registered user, you needed to log back in within a specified time. That might be an idea, but, the users not posting on this forum aren't really doing any harm nor is their profiles taking up any space. So I would rather leave them alone for now just in case the user decides to log back in. I would like to recomend to those of you that have created multiple accounts to delete the ones you don't/can't use. I know several of you had a hard time registering initially and had to create several accounts to log in.
Back to top Go down

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 9:57 am

CRUX wrote:

Well put, the more you welcome freedom in a forum the better it is, not sure how new this site is, somewhat quiet in here, I joined on an invite from a few of you during our PINS trip. Would be nice if this site could really come alive, guess time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 11:04 am

SASQUATCH wrote:
CRUX wrote:

Well put, the more you welcome freedom in a forum the better it is, not sure how new this site is, somewhat quiet in here, I joined on an invite from a few of you during our PINS trip. Would be nice if this site could really come alive, guess time will tell.

The more people we invite on this forum the quicker it will grow.
It is not as busy as the other forums, but it is just a matter of time. Also, the more people we have registered, the easier we might be able to get sponsors and vendors participating on this forum in the future.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 8:22 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
SASQUATCH wrote:
CRUX wrote:

The more people we invite on this forum the quicker it will grow.
It is not as busy as the other forums, but it is just a matter of time. Also, the more people we have registered, the easier we might be able to get sponsors and vendors participating on this forum in the future.

Seems like a catch 22. I think this forum is better because it is small. Lot of knowlege and information, but small. Doesn't have all the "clicks" and criticisms that some of the others have. Most members here are local and it makes it more personal. When you actually see each other sometimes you might watch what you say on a forum.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 8:27 pm

I started this in January of this year. We've had waves of members. Just when it starts getting kinda quiet, we get folks to wake it up. I've invited tons of vendors and I think they are waiting to see how this turns out. Thanks for the positive feedback guys, and keep them posts coming!
Back to top Go down
james hamm

james hamm

Number of posts : 5
Rig : 1979 Renegade cj7/304 amc/ headers
specs. : 33 mud brute tires and 2 in lift
Registration date : 2012-02-20

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 6:18 pm

ok im looking for it. cant find . im very new to this computer
Back to top Go down
TOYZ_2
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
TOYZ_2

Number of posts : 190
Rig : 98 TJ 4 Banger
specs. : 3 1/4 RC lift, bestop supertop, round tires , dual sun visiors
Registration date : 2008-08-10

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 12:40 am

Also, we are in the "winter months " right now so theres not as much going on as compared to the summer time. No thoughts of cruising to Corpus or just taking the top down and hitting some roads. Theres always a lot of info as we start getting into the warmer months...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

introduction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: Welcome Fellow Jeepers! :: Suggestions-
Jump to: