MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rear sway bar

Go down 
+6
JK4AER
Deacon
r_unda
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Dutchboy101
JK morgan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JK morgan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 160
Rig : 07 jk
specs. : 4' super lift ,rocker runners control arms,superchips flashpaq,ORFAB rear bumper, PCS stinger,
Registration date : 2011-04-03

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

my mom bought her a 2011 sahara unlimited and took it staight to the shop. she got a 4" lift 513 gears and RBP 20" with toyo m/t 35/12.50/20 .i will post pic later . but i was looking over the work she had done and noticed she didnt have a rear sway bar it really made me mad when she was behing me on a trail and i saw how much more flex she had.dose any one know if they stop putting sway bar on new jeeps or did the shop just tahe it off with out telling her
Back to top Go down
JK morgan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

specs. : 4' super lift ,rocker runners control arms,superchips flashpaq,ORFAB rear bumper, PCS stinger,

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 9:57 pm

[img]rear sway bar Dscn1113[/img]
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 10:56 pm

I think the shop must have taken it off, not sure why.
But I am very sure they have not stopped putting them on the new Jeeps for roll over concerns.

If she's having problems getting it back, might want to look into the currie anti rock.
Or you buy the anti roack and give them your stock rear sway bar, that way you won't have that articulation envy. lol

Back to top Go down
JK morgan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 11:17 pm

i thought it was weird that there wasnt one on there but when i drove it around i couldnt tell the diff between hers and mine
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 8:38 am

There are conflicting accounts of whether the rear sway bar makes much of a difference. Personally, I wouldn't want to find out since that rear sway bar really only comes into play if you had to suddendly swerve (e.g. rolling down the highway and swerving to miss another vehicle).

Bottom line - Get the shop to put it back on.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 8:49 am

Hemi_Tim aka thebigtman wrote:
There are conflicting accounts of whether the rear sway bar makes much of a difference. Personally, I wouldn't want to find out since that rear sway bar really only comes into play if you had to suddendly swerve (e.g. rolling down the highway and swerving to miss another vehicle).

Bottom line - Get the shop to put it back on.

x2 Get the shop to put it back on.
Back to top Go down
JK morgan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 9:49 am

i just talked to her and told her the same thing and she is calling them today to find out why they took it off
Back to top Go down
JK morgan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 10:14 am

ok get this they told her they took it off because it wouldnt fit on there with her stock tires and forgot to tell her . this is why i do all my own work and if she didnt live near beaumont i would have done it for her and this is not the first thing that LUMBERTON OFF-ROAD has done wrong on her jeep she is pissed and they know it lol. thanks for the feed back guys there is no need to sacrifice safety for laziness.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 10:23 am

It doesn't clear the inside of the tire????
Back to top Go down
JK morgan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 11:24 am

I think they just for got to put it back on and was just using that as an excuse they did the same with the shocks they think just cause she's a woman she wouldn't know any better but that's why I'm here to look after her
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

I assume she has oversized tires and that could be the case. She will need spacers to fix the offset of the rims.
Not sure what the backspacing of the rims she currently has. But a reputable shop should have told her.

I have the Anti-Rock from Currie, and I have more body roll with my set up. Without a sway bar in the rear, I assume it would be worse.

But I have heard that rear sway bars are not 100% necessary, but as Tim mentioned, you are asking for trouble if you ever have to take a quick swerve from an obstacle. Good chance to loose control of the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
JK morgan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 5:13 pm

No they said it wouldn't fit with stock tires and rims she went to 4wheelparts in houston to get her rims and tires and I knew if you put over sized tires they would rub on the control arms but I haven't heard anything about the sway bar but she took it to them and now they have to find it lol
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 6:07 pm

I realize I don't know the underparts of JK's that well, but seriously that sounds very silly to me...
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 11:10 pm

JK morgan wrote:
No they said it wouldn't fit with stock tires and rims she went to 4wheelparts in houston to get her rims and tires and I knew if you put over sized tires they would rub on the control arms but I haven't heard anything about the sway bar but she took it to them and now they have to find it lol

The shop is probably talking about the rear sway bar links - with most lifts, those will rub using the stock wheels (or after market wheels with not enough back spacing) with larger tires. So, if the links rub, that's probably why they didn't put the swaybar back on since the links attach to it.
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 11:58 pm

Well this bumped so i am going to comment. The rear sway is useless if you have the from stock bar. You will not notice it gone with a lift. Lumberton Offroad is a very reputable shop and in the area it is the only one I would let work on my junk. They are offroaders there. Javiers in Houston is the best as far as I am concerned. They are right, they will rub because of the shape of the bar and lack of backspacing on the tires. When you lift it it pulls the par downward and is even more worthless at that angle as well as in the way.

Now if she goes with an antirock in the front you will want a rear antirock for sure. The stock Jeep rear is a flimsy POS. i have taken them off every jeep I have ever owned currently sitting at owned 21. Just put antirocks on number 19 a 4 door 2008.
Back to top Go down
TOYZ_2
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
TOYZ_2

Number of posts : 190
Rig : 98 TJ 4 Banger
specs. : 3 1/4 RC lift, bestop supertop, round tires , dual sun visiors
Registration date : 2008-08-10

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 5:13 am

Not knowing these guys or their reputation, still doesnt make sense to just leave something that might be important off the Jeep. I worked in the automotive field over 20 years and their is a better way to do business. You could have explained that their is an issue with the sway bar/ link because of the lift or tires. Explain all the options needed to fix the problem. At least leave it up to the customer if they want the sway bar left off. We would have been scared of some type lawsuit if something happened that we made customers sign waivers clearing us of any liability.
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 8:40 am

This is what I am I am saying, it is not important if the front one is stock and still present, installed properly. They are also not found on many Jeeps and in this case becomes a safety issue if it WAS installed. A cut sidewall on an oversized tire mounted on a lifted jeep is WAY more dangerous than a little extra body roll in a sharp turn. Rear Sway bars are for Sport cars. Not SUVs.
Back to top Go down
superj
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
superj

Number of posts : 36
Rig : 87 jeep wrangler
specs. : We broke something, I think it was traction
Registration date : 2011-10-28

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 10:29 am

we have a rear sway bar? hmm
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 7:10 pm

There are no reasons to get rid of the rear sway bar, only reasons to keep it.
Back to top Go down
bobby0872r
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
bobby0872r

Number of posts : 37
Rig : 07JK x
specs. : 2.5 RK smitty armor/winch 33" trail grapplers
Registration date : 2009-03-15

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun 2012, 5:40 pm

Well the shop that did the work dose not know what the hell they are doing .First off the rear Sway bar is inside the rear shock mount...that is just ridiculous for them to even say that. Its amazing that places like that stay in business.. Witch is why i do my own installs. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rear sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear sway bar   rear sway bar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rear sway bar
Page 1 of 1