MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A jeep in the news.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Renny
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Renny

Number of posts : 153
Rig : JK 2010 Unlimited Sport
specs. : Tow package, New-to-me bumper, 35" BFG KM2's, Rigid industries fog lights, Ruggid Ridge transmission and oil pan skid plate
Registration date : 2011-04-25

A jeep in the news.  Empty
PostSubject: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 11:55 pm

SO I have been poking around Reddit's Jeep section and came across this. Hes had his Cherokee mentioned on G4 TV's Attack of the Show and in the paper and as well as in the Huffington Post. A lot of attention for the wrong reason. I turns out one of the people on Reddit found that the guy was selling his rig on a forum and he's now getting attention there as well.

I am familiar with the pedo bear and it really is just a joke and the attorney general in NM just has nothing better to do. Anyway it's pretty comical how this whole thing has been getting a lot of attention on both sides.

Last edited by Renny on Fri 02 Dec 2011, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 12:05 pm

Renny wrote:
SO I have been poking around Reddit's Jeep section and came across this. He's had his Cherokee mentioned on G4 TV's Attack of the Show and in the paper and as well as in the Huffington Post. A lot of attention fir the wrong reason. I turns out one of the people on Reddit found that the guy was selling his rig on a forum and he's now getting attention there as well.

I am familiar with the pedo bear and it really is just a joke and the attorney general in NM just has nothing better to do. Anyway it's pretty comical how this whole thing has been getting a lot of attention on both sides.

So explain how you are familiar with the Pedo bear. I have two underage girls, just making sure dude.... Better not see one of those decals of anyone in our club.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 2:35 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
Renny wrote:
SO I have been poking around Reddit's Jeep section and came across this. He's had his Cherokee mentioned on G4 TV's Attack of the Show and in the paper and as well as in the Huffington Post. A lot of attention fir the wrong reason. I turns out one of the people on Reddit found that the guy was selling his rig on a forum and he's now getting attention there as well.

So explain how you are familiar with the Pedo bear. I have two underage girls, just making sure dude.... Better not see one of those decals of anyone in our club.

X10
Back to top Go down
Renny
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Renny

specs. : Tow package, New-to-me bumper, 35" BFG KM2's, Rigid industries fog lights, Ruggid Ridge transmission and oil pan skid plate

PostSubject: Re: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 8:40 pm

Hahaha you found me, No pedo bears or decals for me. Don't plan on any either.

Its an internet meme. Like any meme on the net, most people in my generation are familiar with them.

My point of the post was that The AG was making a big deal out of some silly internet joke. It would be like saying " babymonkey " represented some evil and sinister group. It really started out as a simple emoticon, got bastardized as a sick joke, and now some AG thinks represents what it was making fun of.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

I hear what you're saying Renny, but it's kinda like hiding something in plain site. With two daughters that are under age myself, I completely align myself with Dutchboy and Lonestar rubi. Whether it is a joke, a meme, or not. I don't want my daughters anywhere near someone with a sticker like that.

Just sayin'...

It's good to make information like this public to others, because IMO we can't do enough to protect our babies.

Thanks for posting it!!!
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 2:15 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
So explain how you are familiar with the Pedo bear.
It's long running internet joke making fun of the primarily Japanese fascination with school-age girls in all their anime shows and books. It's been around for a very long time, started on 4chan, and is photoshopped into stuff to make it funny or to poke fun at something.

No one's messing with kids, here...

Dutchboy101 wrote:
Better not see one of those decals of anyone in our club.
If you did, it'd show they're an internet nerd, likely young and immature but not a pedophile. It's not a pedophile badge of honor or something, like gang members wearing colors. I can't imagine any pedophile ever actually displaying something like that. They're about stealth, not internet jokes. The entire reason the whole thing was "news worthy" on the internet was because of reactions like yours--except at the Attorney General level--to what is an old and silly internet meme with NONE of the meaning suddenly assumed to be attached to it by those who only know what they've heard the name is supposed to be.

Hook-Em wrote:
I hear what you're saying Renny, but it's kinda like hiding something in plain site.
It's really not, just for reference.

Hook-Em wrote:
It's good to make information like this public to others, because IMO we can't do enough to protect our babies.
It's not good, because the information you're taking away is wrong due to a lack of background knowledge on what it is you're looking at. If you saw that sticker or one like it on a vehicle, you're now prepared to gasp and think that person must be a pedophile proudly announcing it to police, which just isn't the case.

If I put a Rebel Alliance X-wing fighter sticker from on my Jeep, that does NOT mean I'm a terrorist, nor am I plotting to overthrow the government, nor am I a pilot, much less a space fighter pilot from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. But if you didn't know any better and someone told you, "Oh, that symbol is for rebels who plan to fly into the government headquarters and blow it up," you might go, "AUGH! Al Qaeda! Watch out!" when it was just Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

PostSubject: Re: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 2:48 pm

Deacon wrote:
Dutchboy101 wrote:
So explain how you are familiar with the Pedo bear.
It's long running internet joke making fun of the primarily Japanese fascination with school-age girls in all their anime shows and books. It's been around for a very long time, started on 4chan, and is photoshopped into stuff to make it funny or to poke fun at something.

No one's messing with kids, here...

Dutchboy101 wrote:
Better not see one of those decals of anyone in our club.
If you did, it'd show they're an internet nerd, likely young and immature but not a pedophile. It's not a pedophile badge of honor or something, like gang members wearing colors. I can't imagine any pedophile ever actually displaying something like that. They're about stealth, not internet jokes. The entire reason the whole thing was "news worthy" on the internet was because of reactions like yours--except at the Attorney General level--to what is an old and silly internet meme with NONE of the meaning suddenly assumed to be attached to it by those who only know what they've heard the name is supposed to be.

Hook-Em wrote:
I hear what you're saying Renny, but it's kinda like hiding something in plain site.
It's really not, just for reference.

Hook-Em wrote:
It's not good, because the information you're taking away is wrong due to a lack of background knowledge on what it is you're looking at. If you saw that sticker or one like it on a vehicle, you're now prepared to gasp and think that person must be a pedophile proudly announcing it to police, which just isn't the case.

If I put a Rebel Alliance X-wing fighter sticker from on my Jeep, that does NOT mean I'm a terrorist, nor am I plotting to overthrow the government, nor am I a pilot, much less a space fighter pilot from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. But if you didn't know any better and someone told you, "Oh, that symbol is for rebels who plan to fly into the government headquarters and blow it up," you might go, "AUGH! Al Qaeda! Watch out!" when it was just Star Wars.

So which one are you, Deacon. Japanese?, PedoBear member? satan worshipping D&D player, or LoTR fanboy? lol!
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 3:50 pm

"Yes." Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 4:08 pm

Oh, I see. Suspect Based upon that answer I'll add politician to the list as well. cheers
Back to top Go down
Renny
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Renny

PostSubject: Re: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 5:38 pm

Deacon wrote:

Funny you mention that...... I'm trying to think of a scheme and the Rebel Alliance x-wing fighter sticker is what I was going to do. DAMMIT YOU BLEW IT FOR ME! Al Qaeda here I come!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A jeep in the news.    A jeep in the news.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A jeep in the news.
Page 1 of 1