MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello All, San Antonio Here

Go down 
+9
Deacon
jkx0778
j_michael2004
Dutchboy101
lonestar rubi
IntenseBlueSwamper
HerJK-X
Beached Bum
theZombie
13 posters
AuthorMessage
theZombie
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

Number of posts : 12
Rig : 2012 JKU Sport
specs. : AEV, JKS
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Hello All, San Antonio Here Empty
PostSubject: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 4:56 pm

Hi guys,

Just want to say hello to all fellow jeepers. hey New Jeep owner here. I've had my JK for little over 4 months now. Bought it new in October 2011. Its a Black 2012 JKU Sport auto. Since then i've added little mods like coverkings and quadratec mats. I also added Rubicon rocker guards i acquired locally as well put in a MYGIG/Nav 430N RHB unit swap.

I just ordered the new AEV 2.5" DualSport suspension kit from the guys at northridge4x4. Should be here at the end of next week. Then on to installing its first REAL mod and a nice day in the garage weldor

Looking forward to doing some offroading or trailing here soon. If anybody is interested let me know! Still new on where to go. Hidden Falls is definitely on my todo list. Been to PINS/Big Shell. I'm originally from Corpus Christi and make trips down also. So if anyone wants to play in the sand im game too!

Heres a pic shortly after she was born:
Hello All, San Antonio Here Photo-5
Back to top Go down
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

Number of posts : 481
Rig : 1986 CJ7
specs. : Not Much
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 5:38 pm

Welcome. Annual July 4th PINS campout July 6 - 8 if your interested.
Back to top Go down
https://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/shanerominger/
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

Number of posts : 288
Rig : 2008 JK Unlimited X
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 6:41 pm

Hello and Welcome!
Back to top Go down
theZombie
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 10:27 pm

Thanks guys, i'll definitely try and make that trip. Maybe do a little shark fishing rock
Back to top Go down
IntenseBlueSwamper
Poster child
Poster child
IntenseBlueSwamper

Number of posts : 371
Rig : 99 TJ
specs. : https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
Registration date : 2010-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 11:30 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeFri 24 Feb 2012, 8:47 am

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
j_michael2004
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
j_michael2004

Number of posts : 56
Rig : 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
specs. : 4" zone lift, 35" pro comp, upgraded front bumper.....more coming
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeFri 24 Feb 2012, 9:48 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeFri 24 Feb 2012, 12:52 pm

Welcome aboard the board Wink
Back to top Go down
theZombie
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeFri 24 Feb 2012, 8:44 pm

Thanks guys! I also forgot to ask, anyone know any good CB shops here in san antonio? I'm also getting ready to put one in, but im looking for a place that can tune the antenna.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeFri 24 Feb 2012, 9:48 pm

Just show up to the next meeting. We can do that for you. It's not hard.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 12:14 am

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
theZombie
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 3:44 pm

Deacon wrote:

Will do!

BTW, i recognize a few of you from the dedicated "JK" forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 6:30 pm

Deacon wrote:

theZombie wrote:
Deacon wrote:

Will do!

BTW, i recognize a few of you from the dedicated "JK" forum Very Happy

There is an installation party in the works. It's looking like it'll happen on March 31st. Keep tabs on the forum for more developments. I know I'll be installing some stuff this time around. We can definitely hook you up on the radio.

There are some of us on JK-Forum. You might also want to check out JKFreaks.com. It's a new forum that is growing quickly. It's structured much like JK-Forum, but is more open for discussing anything related to JK's and not restricted to just paid sponsors and vendors. Great site.
Back to top Go down
Renny
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Renny

Number of posts : 153
Rig : JK 2010 Unlimited Sport
specs. : Tow package, New-to-me bumper, 35" BFG KM2's, Rigid industries fog lights, Ruggid Ridge transmission and oil pan skid plate
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 11:40 am

Love the name TheZombie. Reminds me of a book and soon to be movie World War Z. Cant wait for that to come out. Hope it is as good as the book was. Anyway Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 11:42 am

I absolutely loved that book...
Back to top Go down
Batjeep09
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 143
Rig : 2009 2 Dr JK
specs. : Big tires, scratches, cb, winch, lights, bike rack, more scratches and Batman decals.
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 11:47 am

Welcome. As for the cb try any of the truck stops, or Walmart. Trucks Stops have more accessories and are cheap. Flying J is one off I-10. If you get a firestick antenna you don't have to tune it and it is self grounding. They come with the wire as well and are around $25.
Back to top Go down
Renny
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Renny

Number of posts : 153
Rig : JK 2010 Unlimited Sport
specs. : Tow package, New-to-me bumper, 35" BFG KM2's, Rigid industries fog lights, Ruggid Ridge transmission and oil pan skid plate
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 11:50 am

Deacon, You should DL it from iTunes <---(unabridged) or Audible.com<---- (Abridged) but the book has some pretty famous people narrating it and it's really well done.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 1:06 pm

Batjeep09 wrote:
If you get a firestick antenna you don't have to tune it and it is self grounding. They come with the wire as well and are around $25.
Just to be very clear: that is NOT the case. Normal CB antennas of any brand are called ground-plane antennas and MUST be tuned. There is such a thing as no-ground-plane antennas, and they can potentially work alright as well if you want something temporary.

See http://firestik.com/Tech_Docs/GP-or-NGP.htm and especially http://firestik.com/Tech_Docs/rack-mnt.htm for more info.
Back to top Go down
Batjeep09
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 143
Rig : 2009 2 Dr JK
specs. : Big tires, scratches, cb, winch, lights, bike rack, more scratches and Batman decals.
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

Mine specifically stated no tuning needed already pre-tuned for cobra radios. However I did get the brand wrong, mine is a Wilson. However, it is still tunable if it doesn't work out of the box. This antenna only has one cable that grounds it versus other models that requires a second wire to be grounded seperately. I did not mean to come across as it is a self tuning antenna that would never need adjustment. The packaging would have made that clear.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 2:24 pm

It's still not correct. What you're reading is marketing. Tuning is quick and easy, but most people are intimidated by it, and Wilson knows that it will work "OK" in most cases, and most people don't know the difference anyway, so they'll sell it like that. But you want it to be able to send out further without damaging your radio. It's not like a car radio where you only receive signals--transmitting is a whole other deal.

Wilson still makes decent tunable antennas, by the way.
Back to top Go down
theZombie
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeTue 06 Mar 2012, 11:20 pm

Renny wrote:
Love the name TheZombie. Reminds me of a book and soon to be movie World War Z. Cant wait for that to come out. Hope it is as good as the book was. Anyway Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Renny, I've read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks but haven't around to World War Z. It's definitely on my list Very Happy Or maybe i'll wait for the movie. Definitely good stuff!
Back to top Go down
FastBob
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
FastBob

Number of posts : 56
Rig : 2005 Khaki 2 door Unlimited Rubicon
specs. : not enough :)
Registration date : 2012-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 6:52 pm

Better late than never! Welcome from a fellow newbie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, San Antonio Here   Hello All, San Antonio Here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello All, San Antonio Here
Page 1 of 1