MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Jeeper in San Antonio

Go down 
+7
Dutchboy101
IntenseBlueSwamper
TXROCK
Renny
Hook-Em
HerJK-X
sotx wrangler
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sotx wrangler

Number of posts : 4
Rig : 2000 TJ Sahara
specs. : 4.7 Stroker more mods to come
Registration date : 2012-02-29

New Jeeper in San Antonio Empty
PostSubject: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:22 am

Just joined the forum, live in San Antonio and drive a 2000 TJ "First Jeep" and loving it. No suspension upgrades yet but plans are in the works, 4.0 just swaped for a 4.7 stroker. Never driven the rocks before so I am looking forward to a little rock rash. So hello to everyone.
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

Number of posts : 288
Rig : 2008 JK Unlimited X
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:26 am

Hello and Welcome!

I believe they are planning a trip sometime this month to Longs Ranch.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 12:22 pm

hey 'Sup? Glad you are here. Post up some pics of that rig.
Back to top Go down
Renny
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Renny

Number of posts : 153
Rig : JK 2010 Unlimited Sport
specs. : Tow package, New-to-me bumper, 35" BFG KM2's, Rigid industries fog lights, Ruggid Ridge transmission and oil pan skid plate
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

Welcome to the Forum SoTx Wrangler.
Back to top Go down
TXROCK
Poster child
Poster child
TXROCK

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited
specs. : 3.5" RK X Factor Mid-Arm lift, 35x12.5x16 MTR/Ks, 16 inch Pro Comp 7069s, Genright Armor
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 1:57 pm

Welcome! Very Happy was just there for Christmas....originally from Killeen/Bell County area but in Hawaii for now (Army!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.astrongerhealthieryou.com
IntenseBlueSwamper
Poster child
Poster child
IntenseBlueSwamper

Number of posts : 371
Rig : 99 TJ
specs. : https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
Registration date : 2010-06-28

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeFri 02 Mar 2012, 12:06 am

4.7! hell yeah! Welcome. Wanna race?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeFri 02 Mar 2012, 1:24 pm

Welcome, and congrat's on the engine upgrade...
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeFri 02 Mar 2012, 10:03 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 8:26 pm

WAS SUP welcome to the forum!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 10:17 am

sotx wrangler wrote:
4.0 just swaped for a 4.7 stroker.

Unless your 4.0 self destructed, that is one hell of a 1st mod affraid ... I like the way you think! Twisted Evil

... now you need axle beef, a serious fender chop hack , then 4" suspension and 37"s to do that motor justice.

Back to top Go down
sotx wrangler

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 12:20 pm

I purchased my TJ from previous owner with a blown motor, they overheated it replaced the headgasket and never checked the water pump and then blew the motor. Got a good deal on the Jeep then found the 4.7 crate motor on Craigslist in the Houston area cam swap and bolted on accesories and dropped it in.

And yes I need lift and tires for sure, still doing my research on lift looking at 1.25" to 2" body lift and 3.5" to 4" suspension lift. Down the road I would like to upgrade the front and rear drive shafts and do a tummy tuck mod. I dont want to get into trouble with a beast that is hard to drive on the highway so any input on which way to go would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 1:57 pm

Upgrade the drive shafts? Or do you mean the axles? What size tires are you currently running and plan to run in the future?

Here are a few things I have learned:

1) If you have a Dana 35 in the rear, get rid of it or be prepared to spend a ton of money beefing it up. Swap it for a Ford 8.8 from a mid/late 90's Explorer or a TJ/LJ D44.

2) Make sure you understand WHY you'd do a body lift, and never go higher than 1.25" for any reason.

3) If you plan to go to larger tires, there's a lot more involved than just how to make them physically fit onto the vehicle.

We can sit around and chat it about it some time. Maybe over some beer. Come out to some of the meets and wheeling trips! I'd love to check out that stroker some time...
Back to top Go down
IntenseBlueSwamper
Poster child
Poster child
IntenseBlueSwamper

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 3:35 pm

X2 on what Deacon said. I did a 1 inch body lift just to save money on my old Jeep and it was not worth it. Linkage issues and adjustments to pedals and the T case were a major pain. Suspension lifts give you the lift, and performance you need. If you are looking for a tummy tuck you may just want to go the whole 9 and run long arms. Expensive up front, but you probably won't need to spend any more money afterwards. Deacon again is right, this would be a good convo in person. Because there is plenty more.
Track bars
Steering linkage and pitman arm.
Slip yokes.
And of course the Axles. Which may take the highest priority.
Back to top Go down
sotx wrangler

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 5:27 pm

Sounds great would like to chat about it over a beer sounds even better.
The only reason I wanted to go with a body lift was to get the trans and Tcase up and out of the way "Tummy Tuck". They look like rock targets hanging down. The factory skid plate does not look like it offers much protection and the few after market designs I have seen look like more show than go.
I agree on the Axel upgrades, I have killed a couple in the past and it is not a pretty sight.
I am not sure what tire size I want to run I am thinking 35's at this time.
Back to top Go down
IntenseBlueSwamper
Poster child
Poster child
IntenseBlueSwamper

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 5:31 pm

A body lift would only lift the body, it would leave the trans and t case where they are at.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 8:07 pm

Well but it creates clearance below the body, allowing you to move the transfer case up higher if you get a shallow skid (aka "tummy tuck").
Back to top Go down
IntenseBlueSwamper
Poster child
Poster child
IntenseBlueSwamper

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 8:08 pm

Ah ok, I see what he is getting at. I did not know that was necessary for a tummy tuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Jeeper in San Antonio   New Jeeper in San Antonio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Jeeper in San Antonio
Page 1 of 1