MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1951 willys Truck Suspension Suggestions ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreamthief

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-05-31

1951 willys Truck Suspension Suggestions ? Empty
PostSubject: 1951 willys Truck Suspension Suggestions ?   1951 willys Truck Suspension Suggestions ? Icon_minitimeFri 31 May 2013, 1:06 pm

I just bought a 1951 Willys Truck for my son and I to have as a project to work on ourselves - Neither of us are mechanics but want to learn and play with the build - it has a 289 V8 with C4 trans - body lift was done with 2x4 blocks which appears to be easy to replace with good quality parts. The suspension leaf spring lift is also a make shift thing and I was thinking of just purchasing a new suspension lift kit from one of the online vendors - Rancho, Superlift etc - it was also suggested in a article I was reading to contact Walcks and look into greasable shackles bushing and spring eye bushings from Daystar - So where I ended up is im a bit confused on what to buy exactly and the installation .
Installation from looking at the Willys does not look hard as long as most of the parts springs line up - If not I can make spring brackets or buy them but im looking for the best and easiest way to to go about this...........suggestions ??
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

1951 willys Truck Suspension Suggestions ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1951 willys Truck Suspension Suggestions ?   1951 willys Truck Suspension Suggestions ? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jul 2013, 3:53 pm

On my 51 I reused the springs and installed new spring eyes and bushings that I got from www.kaiserwillys.com
Back to top Go down

1951 willys Truck Suspension Suggestions ?
Page 1 of 1